TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Holly was a good church-going girl but one thing keeps coming back to me and I don't recall seeing anyone else bring it up. What if Holly got carried away with Drew and did have sex before marriage? What if last April she discovered she was pregnant?

Didn't the minister (or someone) say Holly's case would be settled by the end of this year (paraphrasing)? Count the months from April to now... plenty of time to carry a full-term baby...

I hope I have not offended anyone by presenting this scenario - but what do YOU think?

I know that Holly was a good church-going girl but one thing keeps coming back to me and I don't recall seeing anyone else bring it up. What if Holly got carried away with Drew and did have sex before marriage? What if last April she discovered she was pregnant?

Didn't the minister (or someone) say Holly's case would be settled by the end of this year (paraphrasing)? Count the months from April to now... plenty of time to carry a full-term baby...

I hope I have not offended anyone by presenting this scenario - but what do YOU think?

Good theory and I also thought pregnancy when it was discovered blood was found at the scene. Not knowing the amount of blood at the time, I thought she may have been miscarrying. The only problem with this theory is how could it have been kept secret all this time and why go with an abduction scenario? Unless, Holly for some reason felt ashamed or embarrassed and took off? Perhaps the Bobos aren't aware? Was that what the flurry of phone calls was about?

Here's one case that I saw on 48 hours or Dateline and wondered if this is what may have happened to Holly.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...s-with-discovery-in-Italy-of-baby-1699996.php

I hope there is a break in the case real soon!!!

I think your theory is certainly possible. What if this were the case, and what Holly wanted and what her family wanted for her were at odds? Perhaps an intervention of sorts was planned or even undertaken on the spur of the moment. Some puzzling aspects of this case could be explained by this theory.

How do authorities know it was a white male if he was in full camo and Clint didn't see his face?

April 26

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

Well it was never confirmed that the suspect had a mask or gloves on. So even in walking away in the yard Clint could have seen his bare hands (if they were bare). Also Clint did hear his voice and IMHO in many cases you can tell a black speaker from a white one.

I suppose but the case is still ruled an abduction by the FBI and I do not think they would fall for some sort of scam. Also, again, there is no evidence of this and you would wonder if the shame of being pregnant would not be greater than the shame of deceiving not only your parents but the county and the entire country. She was not a minor child so she could have handled such personal issues with a doctor privately.

Things may be "possible" or in the realm of possibility but that does not mean they are likely or probable in any given case. The lack of evidence that something did not happen does not mean it did.

With Holly's blood being found and ID'd in the carport, our options about what happened there become limited. We have to say she suffered some type of assault in the carport....either physical or sexual. I think this crime was driven by the perp's desire to have Holly...to have control of her.

Personally, living the same type of family life and culture as Holly, I think that if she had become pregnant by Drew, we would be seeing tons of smiling faces, growing belly and baby shower pics, complete with camo onesies and lacy hairbows. While we do live our religion very outwardly in the South, many families... And I believe Holly's would fall into this category... Just pick up the pieces and move on. Holly and her friends live a very worldly lifestyle, and I cannot imagine her being hidden or taken just because of an unplanned pregnancy.

Personally, living the same type of family life and culture as Holly, I think that if she had become pregnant by Drew, we would be seeing tons of smiling faces, growing belly and baby shower pics, complete with camo onesies and lacy hairbows. While we do life our religion very outwardly in the South, many families... And I believe Holly's would fall into this category... Just pick up the pieces and move on. Holly and her friends live a very worldly lifestyle, and I cannot imagine her being hidden or taken just because of an unplanned pregnancy.

What if the child wasn't the current boyfriend's? Not saying that's what happened to Holly but am curious how the so called "culture" as you referred to it, would react?

What if the child wasn't the current boyfriend's? Not saying that's what happened to Holly but am curious how the so called "culture" as you referred to it, would react?

I thought about that... and the only person/people I could think of completely hiding a pregnancy would be one of an incestuous nature. A pregnancy of just another relationship, even if it was hidden, still wouldn't be cause for banishment from society.

Hey, even the most super religious people in Tennessee accept and love their grandchildren/nieces/nephews whatever. It's really no different than anywhere else in the country, and having a child out of wedlock isn't seen as a huge stigma anymore.

Because see, there is hypocrisy in everyone, and while they may preach it from the rooftops on Sunday morning, they also accept reality the rest of the week. And they know that young people also make mistakes. Christianity is also about forgiveness and love.

Plus, honestly, the few known details do not indicate she was pregnant and ran off. Since The FBI believes certain given facts we can assume they are true at this point.

It is very dangerous to fabricate a story that on the surface may make some sort of sense but has no basis in any known details or facts surrounding the case. You can't say something happened because there is no direct evidence that it did not happen.

For example I could say something like Maybe Whitney and Holly are the same person and Holly had to vanish for some period of time so Whitney could appear on Survivor... You could make some arguements to defend that in that while Holly was absent, Whitney was on TV... but in reality its a totally made up notion.

I dont think with tbi, and fbi searching, that a pregnent girl could be simply hiding out somewhere.

Why would anyone put her parents and friends through this agony to hide a pregnancy--when there are all sorts of options available to those over 18? Moreover, it would take LE--especially TBI and FBI--no time at all to figure out if Holly's kidnapping was a hoax.

Really?? So how does that work within the law? LOL!! Karen would of expected Clint to actually "shoot" someone or "kill"them? I just find that bazaar!! I guess that is what they mean with"taking the law in ones hand" huh?

So now considering this information why do you suppose Clint never ran after them to save Holly? :waitasec:Too late to help her?

Bizarre? Clearly you've never been to Texas. People here shoot intruders all the time. A homeowner is rarely prosecuted for killing an intruder here.

I know you posted this a few days ago. But the BBM part has got to be one of the strangest statements made in this case.

In the most recent article we have Karen Bobo pleading for tips to find Holly.

Yet WD makes an almost opposite statement from Karen Bobo. This may just be an immature statement and nothing more, and mean nothing in the big scheme of things, but I’m finding it hard to forget.

jmo

I think her cousin just means that she doesn't want to hear the details of what happened to Holly because it would be something really hard to listen to, and to process, and it would cause her a lot of pain. WD justs wishes she could protect herself from knowing the truth about Holly's ordeal.

And I doubt she really meant it literally anyway.

Why would anyone put her parents and friends through this agony to hide a pregnancy--when there are all sorts of options available to those over 18? Moreover, it would take LE--especially TBI and FBI--no time at all to figure out if Holly's kidnapping was a hoax.

There's no way this is a hoax concocted by Holly to hide a pregnancy. Why on earth would she do that?

I think people read too much into that line... I take it as either meaning Clint would know Holly was in danger and would do more or that maybe LE arriving on the scene would act faster rather than sit around and wait for more LE to arrive which is what the family has alleged to have happened that morning.

That's exactly what it means. No one actually realized what they were dealing with in the very beginning,until it was too late, and some costly mistakes were made. I'm sure Clint wishes that more than anyone.

Good theory and I also thought pregnancy when it was discovered blood was found at the scene. Not knowing the amount of blood at the time, I thought she may have been miscarrying. The only problem with this theory is how could it have been kept secret all this time and why go with an abduction scenario? Unless, Holly for some reason felt ashamed or embarrassed and took off? Perhaps the Bobos aren't aware? Was that what the flurry of phone calls was about?

Here's one case that I saw on 48 hours or Dateline and wondered if this is what may have happened to Holly.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...s-with-discovery-in-Italy-of-baby-1699996.php

I hope there is a break in the case real soon!!!

Blood from a miscarriage is different....and it would've been obvious on her clothes if she was bleeding heavily enough to leave some blood from a miscarriage on the carport. She would've needed medical attention at some point,also, and as a nursing student she'd know that.

I don't think any sort of pregnancy has anything to do with Holly's disappearance.

I think she had a stalker who wanted her....and he took her at the first opportunity.

I don't believe Holly was prengant either...I also think it was an abduction, maybe a stranger, maybe somebody from school or clincials...I just wish they would find her or find something!! I just can't wrap my mind around somebody disappearing off the face of the earth but it happens. Holly reminds me of Natalee Holloway, maybe it's just because she's blonde, and petite.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93