TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry sorry nursebee. I get excited to open up dialog sometimes. Some threads allow for that after a time. But I hear you.

I wasn't clear on whether a dog was brought in from the start or whether later on they brought one in. Yes, I think it was mentioned that the dog stopped and didn't pick up a scent in the woods. Puzzling.

Woof! Grrrrr....

jmo

Sorry for any problems I caused. I believe most know that is not at all my intention.. its very sad to me that this young woman's life has been erased and by a vast majority of the world(including some in her own community) its almost as if Holly Bobo never existed and she certainly is not discussed.. its like its the dirty secret that no one wants to talk about(and I am not speaking of us here but rather more local) .. there is literally NOTHING AT ALL, NOTHING and I was happy to share a tiny modicum of the information that was stated..

I don't know if this young woman will ever receive justice or even just the respect she more than deserves of it being known what happened to this young, full of life woman who had the world before her and had only just begun.. moo is she at the very least deserves to have the truth known of what and why her life is gone.. and that very simply has and is and always will be MY ONLY motive here for Holly Bobo..

Sorry for any problems I caused. I believe most know that is not at all my intention.. its very sad to me that this young woman's life has been erased and by a vast majority of the world(including some in her own community) its almost as if Holly Bobo never existed and she certainly is not discussed.. its like its the dirty secret that no one wants to talk about(and I am not speaking of us here but rather more local) .. there is literally NOTHING AT ALL, NOTHING and I was happy to share a tiny modicum of the information that was stated..

I don't know if this young woman will ever receive justice or even just the respect she more than deserves of it being known what happened to this young, full of life woman who had the world before her and had only just begun.. moo is she at the very least deserves to have the truth known of what and why her life is gone.. and that very simply has and is and always will be MY ONLY motive here for Holly Bobo..

:clap: I know your heart is in the right place. And I applaud your postings.

I think of the victims, often. When I am at the mall, they should be shopping. When I get my hair done, they should be having fun getting pampered too. Holidays they don't get to celebrate and milestones and special events, their wedding day, their honeymoon, their first child...and on and on. Sometimes I actually feel guilty that I am getting to enjoy all of these things and they aren't. Justice for Holly.

The FBI has been involved in Holly's case for a long time. I feel confident they would have uncovered any kind of a cover-up, especially if they were getting "vibes" from the family. And why would Holly's mom be asking for help from President Obama, as she was last year, if in fact the whole thing was a cover-up?

This family basically quit their jobs and do what they can as a small family in an impossible situation to try to find Holly. They are evidently not great with media and may not know what more they can or should be doing.

I wish Marc K. or someone like him would contact them, even now, and see what he can do to drum up interest, support and even light a fire under LE. Not sure it is even possible, but anything to try to get Holly's case active.

When did all this come out about her bf calling or a argument about hunting on the land driving to the woods neibhour with a gun perp looking like a cousin maybe all is a cover up . Im Lost

When did all this come out about her bf calling or a argument about hunting on the land driving to the woods neibhour with a gun perp looking like a cousin maybe all is a cover up . Im Lost

Not sure what you mean by lost but its a detail that's been known from the beginning.. here it is below in my old timeline I created way back.. and below that is the detail quoted from Jackson sun article stating the approx time the calls were made..hope that helps clear it up..
Here's my old timeline
4:30am*Holly awoke to study for an exam @8am. She studied in her room, alone, on her bed, and with the door shut..(time verified only via Holly's telling her mom later that morning)

5:30am*Dana stops at Holly's bedroom door and speaks to Holly thru her closed door asking did she need any money. She replies yes and he leaves it for her on kitchen counter.

5:35am*Dana leaves for work.

5:35am*Karen awoke and went into Holly's room to speak with her. Holly was studying on her bed.

Just shy of 7:00am*Holly is now studying at the kitchen table. Karen packs Holly's lunch and puts her breakfast in the microwave.

7:00am*Karen leaves to go to work(26 min travel time to work)

7:00am*Hannah calls Holly from her home landline on Holly's cell.. Holly indicates she is going to eat her breakfast and put her shoes on to leave.

Almost 7:30am*Holly's at the kitchen table studying when she receives a call from Drew. He proceeds to tell her of the cousin not recognizing him and wasn't giving permission for he and his dad to hunt on her grandma's 60acres located across the county.

7:30-7:35am*A flurry of calls take place between Holly, Drew, and Karen discussing the incident of Drew's not being recognized to hunt grandma's property.

7:35am*Karen speaks to Holly for the last time via cell phone.<Noted that Clint was still in bed asleep.>.

7:40am*James Barnes(neighbor to the south)Hears a scream from the Bobo's house. He alerts his mom(who lived there as well) and then left for work.

Around 7:40am*Cathy Wise(James' mom) calls Karen at school amd leaves her a msg in the office.

7:45am*Karen receives the neighbor's msg while in the school cafeteria.

7:50am*Clint is awakened by the dog barking. He looks out the window and sees no unfamiliar vehicles, but does see Holly's car. This prompts him to call mom as he'd already looked around and knew Holly was not in the home. He says his call was to ask if Holly had received a ride to school or did not have school that day. Mom's phone is in her classroom so he gets no answer.

At some point AFTER 7:50am* mom after receiving neighbor's msg she uses library phone to call home. Clint tells mom that Holly's car is still home. Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911(routed to Henderson Co)

7:50am*After the call Clint looks out the kitchen window and sees his sister and who he believed to be Drew casually walking towards the woods. This prompts him to call Holly's cell. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail. He then calls Drew's phone.. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail.<Noted that this assures Clint that Holly/Drew were indeed together with neither answering their cell phone.>.

7:55am*Karen again calls home with Clint relaying he'd just seen Holly/Drew walking towards the woods. Mom immediately tells Clint that is NOT DREW.call 911.Mom then tells Clint to get a gun and go after the man! Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911 a second time.*<Noted that at this time mom still HAD NOT told Clint that Drew had been on the other side of the county hunting.. THO THAT WAS MUCH EARLIER BUT FACT WAS CLINT STATED AT THAT TIME HE STILL BELIEVED IT TO BE DREW.

8:00am*Clint with loaded gun leaves out the backdoor of the residence, walks thru the open garage attached to the house. He sees a puddle of blood near Holly's car. *<Noted that even at this point Clint was still NOT alarmed, still believed it was Drew, and the blood was from a turkey(tho clearly no turkey in site)>.

About 8:00am*Clint walked towards the woods when Cathy Wise pulls up the driveway( James who heard the scream's mother)*<Noted that the school secretary told Cathy to go to the Bobo home to check> Cathy proceeds to tell Clint about the screams she had heard just some 15-20mins prior.[I personally noted that it does state that "she" heard the scream(s), but could just be the author's choice in words and not meaning it that "she" actually heard the scream(s)] *<Noted it is at this point that Clint becomes alarmed for the first time> .

About 8:00am*Clint calls 911 at the same time as he heard the engines rev of the quickly approaching patrol cars onto their Swan Johnson Rd. *<Noted that Clint states that the first officers were on the scene IN LESS THAN 10 mins from the time that he saw his sister/male walking towards the woods>

8:00am*Drew is at his job in Parsons

8:00am-ish*Mom arrives home with Terrie Bromley from school.

8:30am*Dana arrives back home.
And heres Jackson sun quote and link:
Holly studied at the kitchen table for a few minutes, then got a call from her boyfriend, Drew Scott, who had been turkey hunting on the other side of Decatur County on Holly's grandmother's property. Since April 2, the opening day of turkey season, hunters from around the state had been entering the woods a half hour before daybreak.

One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.

A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

Whatever happened to the Calabrese dude? Was he ever charged? The last time we heard about him was when LE raided his home and took his computer. Was anything found on his computer?

I was watching old clips last night to catch up on the case. There is an interview that Karen gives to what seems to be a local news lady. I can probably find the clip if anyone is interested, but I'm not clear on what links can be posted here. Anyway, in this clip, Karen walks the lady out through the back yard to show her where Holly was parked that day, and also to show her where Holly and the perp were supposedly seen by Clint entering the wooded area. First, Holly appears to have parked in the far away shed; Karen points to it and says, "Holly was parked out there by Clint's ...." And the tape cut off for a second, leaving out part of her sentence. But she did seem to indicate Holly walked all the way out to that "garage," and that was where the blood was found later.

Another interesting thing was the camera was pointed back at the house to show what a long way it was to where she was seen entering the woods, and Karen pointed out that Clint would have had a hard time seeing detail from that distance from the kitchen window. It was a short but interesting clip that I had not seen before!

So according to this story, Holly doesnt even park her car near the house? Her and Clint choose to park on the opposite side of the yard, way across from the house.

I clearly recall saying, he was watching them in the garage attached to the house. This was on JVM. She asked him directly. Now, we are being told she wasn't near the house but out in that storage shed away from the house? :banghead:

Frankly, I am getting real tired of the ever changing story. If people want to accept this, that is their choice. If they feel the family has every right to stay inside their castle and not speak to the press, it is the public's choice to continue treating them as victims. Till I hear a factual story that is backed up by evidence and some information on the three of them passing a poly, I reserve my right to be skeptical of their stories.

Well, this is just dandy! Clint and Holly weren't near a driveway or in the carport attached to the house but across the yard in the stand alone shed. It is time to bring up the interview with JVM>

Whatever happened to the Calabrese dude? Was he ever charged? The last time we heard about him was when LE raided his home and took his computer. Was anything found on his computer?

They went after him with all the power they had. He was trying to do his own investigation. Who knows what they happened to him? Let no stranger enter that area and try to investigate...My opinion.

seemingly nothing happened to that Tony character. Agents raided his house and IIRC some computers were seized but no one was ever arrested or charged with anything. IMHO the guy was a creeper inserting himself into the Holly Bobo case, but there is no evidence that has ever came up that he had ever even been in Darden. There is the slim possibility had had some general familiarity with Whitney Duncan's name due to some shady music industry ties. Perhaps thats what caught his attention when Holly went missing?

seemingly nothing happened to that Tony character. Agents raided his house and IIRC some computers were seized but no one was ever arrested or charged with anything. IMHO the guy was a creeper inserting himself into the Holly Bobo case, but there is no evidence that has ever came up that he had ever even been in Darden. There is the slim possibility had had some general familiarity with Whitney Duncan's name due to some shady music industry ties. Perhaps thats what caught his attention when Holly went missing?

Yah it's too bad we'll never get to know what he discovered, if anything. I'd love to know what discoveries he made along the way. IMO, he wasn't looking at family but perhaps some of Holly's acquaintances (??)

This is the last article I could find.

The Channel 4 I-Team reached Calabrese at his home in East Liverpool, Ohio.

"You're a guy in Ohio who has all this interest in the case. I don't know if you can blame investigators for being suspicious about your interest in this case," said WSMV chief investigative reporter Jeremy Finley.

"I don't blame them at all for that. What I do blame them for is wasting time," Calabrese said.

Calabrese said the TBI is just angry with him because he found information about Holly's disappearance and passed it along to Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam.

Calabrese admits he hasn't physically come to Tennessee to help in the search, and has done all his work by computer.

He also said he has never run a search and rescue team before Holly's disappearance.

"Are you misleading people with this search and rescue team?" Finley asked.

"Several times, I have stated, that we are not law enforcement," Calabrese said.

As for the complaints from the other Holly Bobo Facebook page creator, Calabrese said he doesn't post on those pages and stays away from them.

"The TBI has told you to stop interfering with this investigation. Are you gonna stop?" Finley asked.

"I told Karen Bobo I would do anything I could, like anybody else, trying to find her daughter to bring that girl home," Calabrese said.

Calabrese said his search and rescue team is made up of volunteers, many who have physically come to Darden to search.

Calabrese would not elaborate on what he said he's found out about Holly's disappearance.

Karen Bobo, Holly's mother, had no comment.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/16464858/i-team-new-details-in-search-for-holly-bobo-case

I don't like the ever changing stories either. I can understand a few details being added as one remembers something after the initial shock but not like the constant evolving tale that's being spun in this case.

I said it before. The only detail that's remained consistent was Clint's description of the perp. He thought it was Drew even up until the end when he said he thought it was Drew and Holly walking back to his vehicle with the turkey. He was so convinced it was Drew that he even called Drew's cell phone. No answer. It went to voice mail. So did Holly's. After 5 rings.

:moo:

This can be taken for strictly what its worth.. i will preface it with disclaimers of jmo as well as RUMOR ALERT.. my having followed Holly's case since the beginning some may recall that I've stated that my hubby is a trainmaster for a RR here In Memphis.. his division he's in charge of runs all the way to Nashville and in between.. I've stated prior that many of the men on his various crews are from in/and around the Darden area where Holly is from.. early on I wanted him to ask them what they believed happened to Holly.. he laughed at me and said I'm not getting involved in your websleuthing.. lol..

Last night he said that one the local men brought up Holly Bobo and a pretty detailed convo ensued.. as I said I'm prefacing with jmo and all that jazz.. along with rumor alert.. this conversation took place with my husband and 3 local Darden men that work on my husbands RR crew.. they were very specific and it was their opinion that multiple locals had long since known what happened to Holly .. that Clint was hunting on their property that morning and that he accidentally shot Holly.. they were very specific about particular details and again state that many locals have long since known what happened ..

Take fwiw.. rumor.. just thought that I would share and state that these three men are family men and in no way whatsoever would have motive or gain from this.. in fact my husband said they said it was all very very tragic and felt that there was absolutely no intention whatsoever and a tragic accident that has now become something so very much more..

Again jmo and take it fwiw..

:what:Wow. Just wow. I know you said it was rumor and I will take it as that. The only question I have now is where is her body? Did Clint have someone haul her off and hide her or did he? I hope not. If it was an accident he wouldn't face prosecution. Or if he was charged it would go to grand jury to legally decide it was an accident or went forward. I don't know. I guess when something like that happens you won't think very clearly and know what to do. I've followed this so long I'm kinda speechless and doubt what I've typed makes any sense. It also casts a lot of doubt on the family who I was trying to trust until lately as it just didn't add up. JMO.:maddening:

How do we know "the scream" was Holly? The neighbour heard a scream coming from the Bobo home. What if the "accident" occurred way before 8 am?

IMO, if that is what happened, a cover up took place. Nobody was supposed to know the blood was Holly's and that was a slip by dad on one of the talk shows who was immediately replaced by the pastor as soon as that was revealed on air.

I think churches or places of worship should be looked at, imo. IMO, Holly is buried there.:moo:

Like a quiet paupers funeral? This whole rumor makes the most sense to me. Accident and panic. I can't tie the cell phone or whatever was found that Karen said she was relieved about though. Unless someone else shot her and took her and Clint saw it. Froze maybe? They don't know how badly she was wounded and just know shes gone. JMO I really have no idea at this time. Help somebody! Makes something fit here.

To me the rumor makes zero sense... Why cover up an accident and make it look like an abduction. And, the time frame of a half an hour between screams and the cops showing up is still not enough time to clean up a crime scene, hide a body etc. Just too fantastic and implausible IMHO. Accidents can and do happen all the time but I can't see hiding one and carrying on a charade for over a year.

There doesn't seem to have been time for all of this to have happened...Holly spoke with at least one person outside of her family that morning...not long before this all started...so where is she and how did Clint get far away enough to "hide" her and be there when neighbor showed up?

I don't believe this is what occurred that day (the accidental shooting theory), but I do see how a community might come to think it had.

Well I kinda hate to say it, but do we know for sure her father was a work that morning? The same goes for the boyfriend, cousin or friend that may of been hunting close by. Someone else may have taken her body with Clint left at the house to call Mom, 911 and be there for the neighbor. JMO

To me the rumor makes zero sense... Why cover up an accident and make it look like an abduction. And, the time frame of a half an hour between screams and the cops showing up is still not enough time to clean up a crime scene, hide a body etc. Just too fantastic and implausible IMHO. Accidents can and do happen all the time but I can't see hiding one and carrying on a charade for over a year.

I don&#8217;t believe the whole Bobo family is engaged in a cover-up based on an accident.

BBM - I would like to point out that the scene of the crime was not cleaned up, i.e. the blood and coke can. There may have been more evidence, but with the onslaught of people arriving at the Bobo house shortly after Holly disappeared, who knows what evidence was trampled on and/or destroyed?

IMO, whoever the perp is, he doesn't seem to be concerned with what is left behind, or found, as long as it is not Holly. It almost seems as though there was a purposeful trail left by the perp - Holly's blood, she was seen being led to the woods, then her lunchbag was found, and cell phone.

jmo

Yeah but now its not Drew its the Cousin... so that changed too (somehow).

Right. Now, I don't know who changed that part. Some have said that John Walsh or AMW may have gotten it wrong. My feeling is they wouldn't just come up with "a cousin" if it didn't come from the only eye witness in this case. Therefore, I'm left scratching my head wondering why the story has changed once again when we all know up until the AMW episode, Clint always remained consistent with his theory that it was Drew. He was so convinced it was Drew that he even called his cellphone and then Holly's cell.

I have no idea why it was changed to cousin after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther