TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for going back and pulling that. I was fairly certain he admitted it was just a dispatcher he had talked to. I'm not sure what case signal is, but I think that the quotes you kindly provided are accurate representations of what was said by Fuhrman.

In very small towns like this I bet the dispatcher hears lots more information then in metropolitan type areas.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the source. The LE has told nothing to the public...but they probably talk amongst themselves at the station. I will assume it is a very small station...and dispatcher is close by.

She was wearing flip flops ( so we were told) and entering what we hear are very thick brambled woods. We were told that some dogs had to be carried. I would think they would find something of hers if she went into the woods. How far into the woods is this logging road? Were they any fresh tracks on the road?

I haven't got a clue about the lunch bag. Was it tossed from a vehicle? They won't say anything. Sure, there's a pic but it doesn't show the spot and distance from the road. Why not an exact location? I mean specific. If the perp tossed it, where's the dna? Was their blood on the bag...I read there was..fact? Anybody's guess. LE has never told one thing about the case.

This case is way too frustrating on so many levels. It is the only case I've heard of where you have an eye witness and LE arriving within x10 minutes, blood found and nobody has a clue of what is going on with the case.

...I'm betting Mark Fuhrman's source is correct.

So, here's kinda how it goes.
Provided that you are CERTAIN that you are at the PLS (place last seen) and a good scent article is being used and dogs are set on the trail and they lose it in a very short distance before you hit the edge of the property; there are really only 2 conclusions you can draw. Either she is still on the property or the dogs/handlers missed it (possibly because of training focuses). So, then, you simultaneously ensure that she is nowhere on the property and you bring in more dogs. Again training comes in to play here, and working out from the home can be tough, especially for dogs that are of the police variety. This is because there is an enormous residual scent pool at a home, 1 trail, laid over another and another and another so to speak, and police dog training focuses on tracking down a suspect, which generally is not happening from their residence, but the scene of the crime, so a much cleaner scent trail.

sarx, would spreading cayenne pepper around an area or on a grave render search or cadaver dogs ineffective?

IF there was blood on the bag and blood in the garage...it even seems more strange she walked into the woods. Since she knew Clint was home, why not keep screaming for help?

A female screaming should wake up most people....especially out in the wilderness. She should have been screaming "help". Why didn't the neighbor help her? Why was his 0800 appt to put in a sink more important? Whey does everyone call Karen when there is trouble? Even the cell phone find was relayed to karen first. Why not call dana?

What is Dana's dynamics within the family? Why are the men not front and center? The neighbor, clilnt are both passive with this story...and Clint calls his mom, not his dad. The neighbor who heard the screams calls his mom and doesn't pursue the damsel to help.

wfgodot, maybe we can add a homeless hobo to the list of theories?

Still need some time to digest this piece of information:waitasec:
Will do when we accumulate three or four more out-of-the-box-ers.

Just catching up now. Missed a day.

sarx, if well-trained scent dogs were taken to the area where Holly's phone was allegedly recovered, is there a possibility they could track her scent to the area where the phone came from? i.e.., a parked car or a trail? Not to say that Holly put her phone there, but if the perp threw the phone from a car or actually walked by and left the phone in the grass...is there a chance we could learn how the phone was left there?
I doubt it....I think that would be a stretch. But I have always thought one of the searchers left the phone where it was located.

Bill Warner seems to be of the same opinion. Not discounting your theory or his but BW has had so many theories about possible perps abducting pretty petite blonde girls that after a while the credibility is lost. I followed along for a while and he actually had me convinced at one point there was a serial killer out there and all these women were somehow connected by their looks and locations. I've lost all confidence in his theories now.

I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of possible perps but unless there is credible evidence to suggest a particular one is connected to this case, imo, we're just spinning our wheels.

I think the most logical theory as it stands right now is the local perp. All from what we know of this case which is not much but enough to look at that angle most and foremost. But that's just my opinion.

n/t, please don't judge me..If my info was coming from PI Warner, I would say so... My info comes from instincts, perception, and contacts that I have developed over years of researching predators and serial killers..

Theories since sarx's 09/22 call for theories:

01. The "Boyfriend, afraid of losing her"
02. The "Holly knew too much"
03. The "In town, just passing through"
04. The "Girlfriend got jealous"
05. The "Holly ran away on her own"
06. The "Rogue LE"
07. The "Sibling involvement"
08. The "Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend cheated"
09. The "Retribution against a family member"
10. The "Accidental death w/cover-up"
11. The "Preacher, brimming with passion"
12. The "Rogue spokespastor"
13. The "Victim of a serial offender"
14. The "Knew her though churchwork"
15. The "Kidnapped her to keep her"
16. The "Rogue coon hunter"
17. The "Man who tossed Drew and his dad off the property"
18. The "Rogue secret twin brother"
19. The "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning" - wait, that's not one
19. The "Random hunter who stumbled across the Bobo property"
20. The "Known stalker"
21. The "They know who dunnit but can't close the deal"
22. The "Mountain man who eluded the bloodhounds"
23. The "Those pesky aliens in their UFOs"
24. The "Bigfoot in full turkey camo"
25. The "Odd person who leaves little messages"
26. The "Fell victim to human trafficking"
27. The "Rogue militia"
28. The "Masonic cabal"
29. The "Rogue Calabrese"
30. The "Cabin 16"
31. The "Homeless Hobo"
32. The Serial Predator
33. The Loved One
34. The Passerby
35. The Friend
36. The Acquaintance
37. The Accessory After the Fact

Okay, here they all are again, but now I'm walking it back to the box and incorporating more-standard theories. What am I missing?

In very small towns like this I bet the dispatcher hears lots more information then in metropolitan type areas.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the source. The LE has told nothing to the public...but they probably talk amongst themselves at the station. I will assume it is a very small station...and dispatcher is close by.

Oh, I don't doubt they hear a lot but it's not a whole lot different than the local barber. It may very well be accurate to some extent (just not sure if at tree line or further into the woods) but I think unless it is coming from the investigators on the case, it is still gossip and rumor. Obviously, there have been a ton of rumors out there and I've read my share already in catching up and while I don't blindly dismiss any one rumor, I take them all with a grain of salt until they can be confirmed as fact.

wfgodot: A “person in charge” protecting the actual perp by pulling strings behind the scenes so as to not let the cat out of the bag. Accessory after the fact theory.

wfgodot: A “person in charge” protecting the actual perp by pulling strings behind the scenes so as to not let the cat out of the bag. Accessory after the fact theory.
Thanks, got it. That would be in combo with an existing theory. ("I like the 34, with a 37 on the side.")

IF there was blood on the bag and blood in the garage...it even seems more strange she walked into the woods. Since she knew Clint was home, why not keep screaming for help?

A female screaming should wake up most people....especially out in the wilderness. She should have been screaming "help". Why didn't the neighbor help her? Why was his 0800 appt to put in a sink more important? Whey does everyone call Karen when there is trouble? Even the cell phone find was relayed to karen first. Why not call dana?

What is Dana's dynamics within the family? Why are the men not front and center? The neighbor, clilnt are both passive with this story...and Clint calls his mom, not his dad. The neighbor who heard the screams calls his mom and doesn't pursue the damsel to help.

First, I think the blood on the bag came from one of the sensationalized shows. If I remember correctly, LE denied it. Regarding why not scream, I would imagine the obvious answer is because she had a knife or gun being held on her. Regarding the neighbor, they did help. They had absolutely no reason to think of an abduction so they did what any reasonable neighbor would do and called KB. Heck, I bet some of my neighbors wouldn't even do that. They'd chalk it up as strange but not get any more involved.

I'm not sure what the rest in pointing at. Are you suggesting DB or CB are involved? And what if they did call DB in stead of KB? Would everyone then be asking "Why did they all call DB? How come no one called KB?" I don't think answering those questions necessarily helps find Holly in my opinion unless you are pointing the finger at them. Just my two cents and no disrespect intended. Again, just trying to talk things out.

I agree. I think the argument/conversation in the carport/ garage was longer than we think. Which proves IMO that she knew the abductor well and tried to reason with him. IT also shows he felt comfortable enough to be there and was not rushing her away. If it was an unknown abductor he would have went right for her like and not tried to talk to her.

Something like an ex bf trying to persuade her for one more chance, or to find out why she broke it off, moved on, etc.

That;s why I think she wasn't stun-gunned or stabbed in the garage. The blood was from something minor and she accompanied the guy into the woods because she was appeasing him.

Otherwise, she is screaming, fighting, and clawing, as she is carried off.
:moo:

I wonder if Karen had confided something to the neighbor earlier and so when the son/mother were aware of a scream the neighbor's first instinct was to call Karen. Maybe Karen didn't want to go public with whatever it was so the neighbor didn't call 911 but called Karen first. What might that have been? That is the question.

n/t, please don't judge me..If my info was coming from PI Warner, I would say so... My info comes from instincts, perception, and contacts that I have developed over years of researching predators and serial killers..

I'm not judging you. The first link that popped when I googled the name in your article was BW's site.
I never said your theory was wrong.

If link is allowed, here it is. If not, mods please remove.

INTERSTATE TRUCK DRIVER MERLE DEAN SHAMBLIN ARRESTED ON CHILD *advertiser censored* CHARGES HE HAD IMAGES OF PETITE YOUNG FEMALES ON HIS COMPUTER.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ages-of-petite-young-females-on-his-computer/

I think local (not necessarily Parsons, but within an hour of Parsons) is still most likely, but a local with some sort of past. Obviously, I've had my sights partially on RSO's but I think others with either a violent past towards women or trouble with the law. But I still think some local knowledge comes into play both with the Bobo's schedule and knowledge of the area.

Shamblin is 314 pounds. I would give CB plus or minus 25 pounds on his description but that's over a 100 pound difference. I didn't read a whole lot on him, is there any connection of him to the Parson's area? I know he was a truck driver, but did his routes take him through the area that we know of?

I wonder if Karen had confided something to the neighbor earlier and so when the son/mother were aware of a scream the neighbor's first instinct was to call Karen. Maybe Karen didn't want to go public with whatever it was so the neighbor didn't call 911 but called Karen first. What might that have been? That is the question.

Personally, I'm not sure what was so unreasonable in the neighbor's reaction? They had no reason to suspect anyone was being abducted, so frankly I think they did more by even calling DB than 90% of the population would do. Additionally, they did go up there after KB asked them to. I don't follow the rest either. 911 was called immediately once it was determined that 911 was needed. In fact, it was called several times. No one, up until KB (who was the only one gathering all the information) put 2 and 2 together and called 911 immediately. Nothing unusual there that I see.

Personally, I'm not sure what was so unreasonable in the neighbor's reaction? They had no reason to suspect anyone was being abducted, so frankly I think they did more by even calling DB than 90% of the population would do. Additionally, they did go up there after KB asked them to. I don't follow the rest either. 911 was called immediately once it was determined that 911 was needed. In fact, it was called several times. No one, up until KB (who was the only one gathering all the information) put 2 and 2 together and called 911 immediately. Nothing unusual there that I see.

I'm not questioning the neighbor's reaction to call Karen. I am just suggesting the possibility that the neighbor could have been aware of something that Karen might have confided to her. Otherwise they might have contributed the scream to something far less sinister.

I'm not questioning the neighbor's reaction to call Karen. I am just suggesting the possibility that the neighbor could have been aware of something that Karen might have confided to her. Otherwise they might have contributed the scream to something far less sinister.

Ahhhh, got ya. Thanks. Brain obviously isn't working tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24