TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe something went wrong with his plan. he obviously planned sharpton's death for a while so why in any case would it have turned into dumping a body on the side of a fairly traveled road and lighting it on fire? that seems like pretty much one of the worst ways to deal with that situation if you're trying not to get caught, especially when you went to fairly great lengths to plan the rest of it (fake job, convincing her to go to an interview, etc).

if he is involved with holly it could have been the same MO except in holly's case his plan worked and in megan sharpton's it did not. maybe megan fought back or he thought someone saw something or she somehow disrupted what he was planning.

i want to find more info on the carpool situation. did megan pick up his wife at their house and that's how he saw her? had they ever formally met? i'm very suspicious of the idea that this guy could convince megan that there is a nursing job available and that she should come for an interview etc etc with no outside help unless she knew him fairly well which doesn't seem to be the case from what i've read.

Regarding the M.O.-- I think it's possible that Donnie Jones had to rush up getting rid of Megan's body, simply because he had time constraints he was working under. If he was gone too long, perhaps suspicion would have been aroused. I'm assuming that since he was married, he lived with his wife and would have therefore had to account for his whereabouts. The general sloppiness of disposing of Megan and her possessions could mean he was rushed, or it could mean he was wanting to show off his handiwork. As far as I know, there was no statement released about these aspects of the case.

In the other thread here, Megan's mother set the record straight on some things. Megan had ridden to nearby Shelbyville with her murderer's wife several times, as they were both taking nursing classes at the college there. Megan's mom said that the husband only drove his wife and Megan both on one occasion when it had snowed, and the two women had a class in Murfreesboro. I'm sure in Megan's mind, some trust was there because of riding with the wife several times.

So then this guy calls Megan up and wants her to sit with his "aged, sick" mother, who wasn't aged or sick at all. Megan told her mother about the perspective job and that she was to meet him and talk about the job. Megan's mother knew she had ridden with them some, so there was probably less concern about her going alone to meet him.

The scary part was that he had been trolling for victims. He had another young lady lined up to come meet him, but he canceled his meeting with her when she said she was bringing her mother along. He was using a throw away cellphone to contact his victims. The story linked below states that someone else is being investigated as an accessory to murder.

What would be vital to know, in order to see if Holly Bobo's disappearance could be connected, would be Donnie Jones' employment record. I believe Megan's mom spoke some about that in the other thread here.

Here is the media link to the story that tells of his guilty plea. The saddest part is that Megan's mother learned in court that Megan was still alive, though hopefully unconscious, when her body was set on fire:

http://m.wsmv.com/w/main/story/84246373/

The more I weigh all the aspects of the Holly Bobo case, the more I come to believe that the perp is now already incarcerated on other charges. I'm thinking that LE "solved" the case pretty early on through a DNA match, and now, they are possibly just waiting to recover Holly before pressing charges. Whether she was taken to pass to someone else in another state or country, or whether she was taken by a local sexual predator or some other person with a personal vendetta, it does not seem that LE is actively searching for a perp. The focus, if you can even call it that, seems to be more on finding Holly. Perhaps LE, knowing how long that this someone will be locked up at a minimum, is biding its time and hoping for a break before this person's sentence is up. Prosecutors generally like to have a body when prosecuting a case. I can't make other theories fit with the other known facts in the case.

In my mind the perp has to be extremely similar to HB’s boyfriend in both overall appearance and mannerisms. Shortish, stocky?

I’m convinced that CB was just sure that was the boyfriend to the point that he felt socially inhibited to take any action.

If the perp had them down on their knees praying then he would have a physiological advantage that would help with HB’s submission, imo.

Just IMO

maybe something went wrong with his plan. he obviously planned sharpton's death for a while so why in any case would it have turned into dumping a body on the side of a fairly traveled road and lighting it on fire? that seems like pretty much one of the worst ways to deal with that situation if you're trying not to get caught, especially when you went to fairly great lengths to plan the rest of it (fake job, convincing her to go to an interview, etc).

if he is involved with holly it could have been the same MO except in holly's case his plan worked and in megan sharpton's it did not. maybe megan fought back or he thought someone saw something or she somehow disrupted what he was planning.

i want to find more info on the carpool situation. did megan pick up his wife at their house and that's how he saw her? had they ever formally met? i'm very suspicious of the idea that this guy could convince megan that there is a nursing job available and that she should come for an interview etc etc with no outside help unless she knew him fairly well which doesn't seem to be the case from what i've read.

Lots of really good points - you might like to pose these to to Megan's mother -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177602&page=8

In my mind the perp has to be extremely similar to HB’s boyfriend in both overall appearance and mannerisms. Shortish, stocky?

I’m convinced that CB was just sure that was the boyfriend to the point that he felt socially inhibited to take any action.

If the perp had them down on their knees praying then he would have a physiological advantage that would help with HB’s submission, imo.

Just IMO

no one was IMHO praying. nor were they really described as being on their knees. IIRC Clint said they were kneeling and he thought they were looking over a turkey that had been shot. I kinda pictured them as squatting or maybe on one knee. Hard to say. But praying? no.

I think it was either a guy that looked a lot like Holly's boyfriend or someone who scared Clint enough - for whatever reason - that he was frozen in fear & couldn't go after his sister & her abductor.

Clint was rather young. Maybe he saw something that scared him and he wanted to grab a gun from inside the house & save his big sis but he was just frozen in fear.

I know we all think yes, of course, if someone had my sister at knife/gunpoint or whatever, we'd charge after them, especially if we had access to a gun right then as well. But maybe Clint just froze in fear, shock, or disbelief. Maybe he couldn't exactly tell for sure what was going on & was hesitatnt to grab a gun & go after Holly if nothing was amiss.

I think it was either a guy that looked a lot like Holly's boyfriend or someone who scared Clint enough - for whatever reason - that he was frozen in fear & couldn't go after his sister & her abductor.

Clint was rather young. Maybe he saw something that scared him and he wanted to grab a gun from inside the house & save his big sis but he was just frozen in fear.

I know we all think yes, of course, if someone had my sister at knife/gunpoint or whatever, we'd charge after them, especially if we had access to a gun right then as well. But maybe Clint just froze in fear, shock, or disbelief. Maybe he couldn't exactly tell for sure what was going on & was hesitatnt to grab a gun & go after Holly if nothing was amiss.

He is a 25-year old man. Five years older than his now missing sister. I know it is different nowadays, but when is a person finally considered an adult in the US? Seems it gets older every year.

Monetary award offer to the abductor? That would not work under the Son of Sam Law.

I saw this link posted by Firefox on Megan Sharpton's thread,
http://www.wsmv.com/story/20012882/megan-shar

and in reading it, a couple of things struck me; (BBM some key things)

Prosecutors told Judge Jay Curtis they had proof Jones used an elaborate scheme - posing as a potential nursing client to lure Sharpton -

second person of interest in the case, whose identity has not been released, is still being investigated as an accessory

Jones had someone purchase a throwaway cell phone that Jones used to call Sharpton and other potential victims.

I'm also struck by looks-wise Holly and Megan are similar.

I was looking at the map. Most of the evidence was found out there on Bible Hill Rd and on the way to her school which sits off the main st of Parsons..RT 69. I doubt a stranger would drive to the middle of town to drop her stuff. If he had planned taking her, going in the opposite direction from town would be paramount.

I say she was taken by someone she knew. I think the person was young as they threw her stuff out in the direction of her school and town. He may have been in a hurry to go to school, home or work and left her body in the car till he could get away to hide her. Pretty stupid, imo, to discard her stuff in such a manner. The person must have been in a rage at the time of discarding lunch, phone, papers, etc.

Old Steve, the sexual predator that abducted Holly Bobo was experienced/recidivist, very manipulative, calculating and deflective, imo.
Confessed rapist and murderer Donnie Frank Jones, was all over TN in the commission of his crimes.

In asking that the bond not be lowered for Jones, Roberts stated that he has 21 prior felony convictions.

“He has 13 forgeries in Coffee County, aggravated assault, aggravated burglary, attempted kidnapping, assault and two felony escape convictions,” the prosecutor stated.

http://www.tullahomanews.com/?p=8489

His wife, Naomi, purchased the weapon.

FYI: Partial list of addresses and offenses for Donnie Frank Jones:

donnie jones 373 choctaw trail
chattanooga TN 37405 69.17.213.158 djones1027@yahoo.com
DONNIE JONES 373 CHOCTAW TRL
CHATTANOOGA TN 37405 216.46.87.86 donniej@rocketmail.com
Donnie Jones Po box 1007
Copperhill TN 37317 192.137.254.180 donnie@statelineantiques.com
Donnie Jones 120 ocoee street
Copperhill TN 37317 74.234.238.100 dr@statelineantiques.com
DONNIE JONES PO BOX 1007
COPPERHILL TN 37317 68.41.116.99

ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
7104 OLD TULLAHOMA
ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
RR 1 BOX 478
ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
DONNIE JONES AGE:
SEX: DOB:
HIDE OFFENSE DETAILS

CASE NUMBER: 799510958C00 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Aggravated Burglary CASE TYPE: Class E Felony
OFFENSE DATE: CASE STATE: TN
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts (Supplemental)
CASE NUMBER: 00153615 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Third offernse: COUNTERFEIT CONT. SUBSTANCE CASE TYPE: Felony class E
COURT: TN Dept of Corrections CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: ST08232JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Traffic -Vehicle Registration Required CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court(legacy) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 110038605 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: G/S CAPIAS CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Montgomery Warrant CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 105128JONESDONNI - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: DRIVING ON SUSPENDED LICENSE CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Rutherford General Sessions Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 1051690 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY LAW CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Hamilton County Court CHARGES FILED DATE: 08/12/2003
CASE NUMBER: 66C07186 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Drugs - Subsection (i) Amts CASE TYPE: Calss D Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts (Supplemental) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 00398705 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Dept of Corrections CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: N76761JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Anhydrous Ammonia Violation CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court(legacy) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: GS209394JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Forgery o/$10,000 CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: O-6108JONESDONNI - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: VIOLATION OF OPEN CONTAINER LAW CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Rutherford General Sessions Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 7647JONESDONNIE19750427 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: *** Forgery NOT LESS THAN CASE TYPE: Class E Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 39120181A - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Theft of Property CASE TYPE: Calss D Felony
CASE NUMBER: 2005CR192 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Burglary CASE TYPE: Class D Felony
CASE NUMBER: 05CR192JONESDONNIE19650127 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: D Burglary CASE TYPE: Class D Felony

COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts CHARGES FILED

http://www.thunder1320.com/?cat=3&paged=3 (scroll down)
Jones Admits To Murder Of Sharpton

Donnie Jones in orange transferred to state prison... Photo by Wayne Thomas of WHMT Radio and the Tullahoma News
The man accused of murdering a Tullahoma nursing student pleaded guilty on Monday in a Franklin County court room.
Donnie Jones, 37, pleaded guilty to first degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Police said Jones killed 24-year-old Megan Sharpton in July 2012.
Sharpton’s partially burned body was found July 2, 2012 on Awalt Bridge Rd in Franklin County. Her car was found later that day in Bedford County, while her purse was discovered two days later in a creek in Estill Springs

Quote:
second person of interest in the case, whose identity has not been released, is still being investigated as an accessory

and i'm wondering, without sleuthing someone not named by LE, if the second person of interest is the person i think it is which would lead me to believe there is a stronger link to the hb case. :twocents:

I was looking at the map. Most of the evidence was found out there on Bible Hill Rd and on the way to her school which sits off the main st of Parsons..RT 69. I doubt a stranger would drive to the middle of town to drop her stuff. If he had planned taking her, going in the opposite direction from town would be paramount.

I say she was taken by someone she knew. I think the person was young as they threw her stuff out in the direction of her school and town. He may have been in a hurry to go to school, home or work and left her body in the car till he could get away to hide her. Pretty stupid, imo, to discard her stuff in such a manner. The person must have been in a rage at the time of discarding lunch, phone, papers, etc.

Or he could have thrown things out at random some time after the abduction, as Dana had speculated. So, where things were found may/may not have any direct relevance to the abduction itself and the direction they left the property in.

Bumping previous post to compare psych profile of Holly Bobo's abductor to Convicted Murderer and Sexual Predator Donny Frank Jones;

Originally Posted by Foxfire
wfgodot, keep in mind that almost 100 illegal meth labs were located during the first 2 weeks of the Holly Bobo search. In 2010 TN held the title of the #1 Meth Capital of the USA> Within a few miles & on the same road as the UTM Nursing school where Holly attended, there is an International *advertiser censored* & Toy Shop located at I-40 which is frequented by truckers & travelers between Nashville & Memphis.

Psychological Profile of Unknown Abductor, imo..

age mid 40s to 50 stranger - sociopath/psychopath
caucausian - transient worker/construction

experienced-gaines immediate compliance-organized-disciplined-antisocial-120+ IQ
selects, recons, & stalks victims-military/hunting experience

prior criminal record/probable RSO - familiar with LE procedures, schedules, response times & forensics-full camo- monitors LE during abduction

sexual predator-lust killer is often driven to kill due to a sexual motivation, living out sexual fantasies & control over the life of the victim-drug induced

Sadistical, bondage, rituals

narcisstic - enjoys the game/taunting

calculating, opportunist, cagey

Vehicle 4 wheel drive PU or SUV small/mid size - Utilizes forests and abandoned structures as safe havens

Holly was abducted on a Wednesday at aproximately 7:30 AM which is change time of the DCSO and very soon after Karen and Dana left for work.
The abductor wore full camo which would limited forensics & prevent identification if observed. Abductor would not stand out due to turkey hunting season in progress.
Abductor gained immediate compliance of Holly Bobo, illustrated by the blood residue & her willingness to walk in to the woods with him without resistance.

no one was IMHO praying. nor were they really described as being on their knees. IIRC Clint said they were kneeling and he thought they were looking over a turkey that had been shot. I kinda pictured them as squatting or maybe on one knee. Hard to say. But praying? no.

To dismiss religious fanaticism as an aspect of severe mental illness or motivation on the part of the perp is ignoring the ubiquitous mental mindset of the region that could have led to HB's compliance.

Faith is the way of life. Half kneeling, stooped over, huddling, bowing of heads slightly, holding hands, hands on shoulders, on their lap are just a few of the positions of impromptu public and semi public prayers where two or more come together in a restaurant, the football field, and really just about anywhere at any time under any circumstances.

Not the storybook pictures of a child at bedside both knees on the floor and hands placed flat together.

Based on my knowledge of the community and familiarity with the prevalence of strong religious beliefs and practices I stand by the possibility that praying could have had a role.

CB was trying to tie H, boyfriend and turkey hunting together, imo.

But now looking back at how emphatic your post is I’m guessing you have some sort of inside information on the case so sorry for barging in -just my little ole opinion!

all imo

You're not the only one who thinks so. The witness to the abduction (Holly's brother) has stated that the abductor's voice "sounded young." Witness thought the abductor appeared to be Holly's boyfriend, who is also "young."

To dismiss religious fanaticism as an aspect of severe mental illness or motivation on the part of the perp is ignoring the ubiquitous mental mindset of the region that could have led to HB's compliance.

Faith is the way of life. Half kneeling, stooped over, huddling, bowing of heads slightly, holding hands, hands on shoulders, on their lap are just a few of the positions of impromptu public and semi public prayers where two or more come together in a restaurant, the football field, and really just about anywhere at any time under any circumstances.

Not the storybook pictures of a child at bedside both knees on the floor and hands placed flat together.

Based on my knowledge of the community and familiarity with the prevalence of strong religious beliefs and practices I stand by the possibility that praying could have had a role.

But now looking back at how emphatic your post is I’m guessing you have some sort of inside information on the case so sorry for barging in -just my little ole opinion!

all imo

Another possibility: The perp could have been asking for forgiveness from Holly (by kneeling) after physically striking her.

all imo

Well without going down the slippery slope of discussing religion, in no description of what happened that morning given by Clint, the only eye witness, did he ever mention praying. He, himself, said what he thought he saw - his sister and the suspect kneeling down and looking at something, which he assumed to have been a turkey. So, I am not ignoring any "religious fanaticism" but rather not inserting something into the witnesses statement that was never there to start with. Also there is a big difference between faith and fanaticism... It does bother me when people just insert made up stuff into an account of what happend and then somehow it just becomes "fact".

Another possibility: The perp could have been asking for forgiveness from Holly (by kneeling) after physically striking her.

I think <modsnip> that after some altercation in the yard, which Clint heard and has commented on, Holly and the suspect wound up back in the car port area. Perhaps Holly was trying to get to her car or into the house. Perhaps the suspect was trying to get her out of the yard and into the house. Either they were hiding from Clint (we don't know how much noise he made in looking into the garage/car port area) or Holly may have been struck or somehow hurt at that time and had dropped down to her knees or was kneeling.

Clints description was that they were silhouettes kneeling in the (seeming) shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member