TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wonder how the abductor is managing to eat now that it's been three days already? One could go hunting but that would make noise and you'd have to make a fire which would leave tell tale signs, smoke, ashes so that wouldn't be very smart. I just wonder how long he can go on foot without running out of food. At some point he is going to have to set up camp somewhere to get provisions.
Also I'm sure that on foot they would leave evidence such as urine and excrement that dogs would pick up rather easily as well as any food scraps if they have any.
I remain highly skeptical that they are still on foot but I hope I am wrong.

I've been trying to keep up with fast moving thread as best I can. The brother said that he thought the man was Holly's boyfriend. I wonder if it wasn't unusual for the boyfriend to visit that early in the morning. I also wonder if it is possible for someone to have been watching her day after day to the point that he knows her schedule. I do wish that the media would keep their stories straight. It's crazy all these different versions of the story.

Okay, this is what I want to know.

What are the reasons US Marshals would get involved in an adult abduction case? Is it as simple as being asked by the local law enforcement? Or does there have to be something else that we are unaware of?

POST SNIPPED....

US Marshalls usually assist with federal prison transfers, protect federal witnesses, and assist in finding federal fugitives. Could the guy who took Holly could be a federal fugitive?

The FBI investigates federal crimes. Such as crimes that cross state lines, bank robberies, drug smuggling, racketeering, etc. They can help local LE if asked.

The FBI and US Marshalls are not the same.

I don't think they will find her alive, she's been missing since early Wednesday morning and here it is Sunday. five days already.

First I would like to say this is an awesome site. I haven't heard anything on if civilian searchers are allowed to search close to the home or on the property...I would think footprints have been located. There should have been tracks . Was there expert trackers utiized? It's my gut feeling that information from cell phone records are pointing them toward a suspect. Does anyone know if there are any road cams or live cams ...gas station cams...supermarket cams.....etc.nearby? The FBI could be tracing a GPS signal from a cellphone. Just a few thoughts.

Good thoughts, Burnin!
:welcome: to WebSleuths!

Sarah Maynard was found alive very recently. And of course Jaycee Dugard and Eliz Smart. So women are found and rescued, albeit more sadly are found dead. So I have to keep up hope here. Obviously the initial intent of the crime was not just a murder as there would be no need to kidnap her and then hide/remain hidden. So that is a positive sign, I suppose.

Hearing about the full camo outfit and the US Marshalls being involved made me think of this guy...David Durham.. I haven't read anything that he has been captured, and he is a man who can survive for long periods outdoors.... I doubt there is a connection though....
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...rham_in_shooting_of_lincoln_city_officer.html...

and a better picture of him... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029625-504083.html

I think there are alot of men around there that can survive outdoors for a long time..Survivalists are abundant.
I dont think this is what we are dealing with. If you look on facbook at her and the bros friends all these kids wear camo its just what they do....
I think something either happend in that home or someone was stalking her
and i dont think this will have a good outcome.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but do we have any idea how much blood was actually found in the garage?

Sarah Maynard was found alive very recently. And of course Jaycee Dugard and Eliz Smart. So women are found and rescued, albeit more sadly are found dead. So I have to keep up hope here. Obviously the initial intent of the crime was not just a murder as there would be no need to kidnap her and then hide/remain hidden. So that is a positive sign, I suppose.

Well i dont think we are dealing with a pedophille that wants a little girl to lock in a back yard for 18 yrs... Or some homeless religious freak...

If this man in camo is real he was a man on a mission he came and took her
if he cant have her no one can... And i think she is no longer with us.

I also think something happend to her at home only because of the blood only being in that one place, all the diff stories that have been released and changed on a daily basis.. ALL these news stations were reporting basically the same thing then things strarted changing, the news stations get their info from LE
so the story first reported was what the bro said then it was something diff

I just hope they can get to the bottom of this we all want this beautiful girl to come home.

Deputy U.S. Marshals can be found:

conducting domestic and international fugitive investigations;

working closely on fugitive task forces and special cases with local, state, Federal, and international law enforcement agencies planning and implementing extraditions and deportations of fugitives;

conducting financial and technical surveillance on specific fugitive investigations;

and serving court papers, which is also known as service of process.

http://www.justice.gov/marshals/montage/index.html

I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but do we have any idea how much blood was actually found in the garage?

No and at some times blood has not been confirmed or denied. I recall in the Maynard case cops said the amount of blood was considerable and they did not think that whoever it came from could have survived. In this case it has not been said if it was drops, a trickle, big pools of blood, anything.

Minor wounds can bleed a lot so even some quantity of blood may not indicate a lethal injury. a knock on the head, busted lip, cut ear can produce some blood quite easily.

Another mission performed by the U.S. Marshals Service is enforcement of the Adam Walsh Child Protection Act of 2006. The legislation designated the U.S. Marshals Service as the lead federal agency tasked with locating fugitive sex offenders who fail to register or do not comply with their state's registry requirements.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/554630.html

ETA: Another case where the Marshals were asked to come and help a missing teen: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=563415

Well i dont think we are dealing with a pedophille that wants a little girl to lock in a back yard for 18 yrs... Or some homeless religious freak...

If this man in camo is real he was a man on a mission he came and took her
if he cant have her no one can... And i think she is no longer with us.

The original question was just how many women are found alive. And it does happen. Actually the three examples I use I think are helpful... it shows three kits of cases with three kinds of suspects. Just shows it can be anyone. It doesn't have to be XYZ.

And obviously it was someone with a plan. I never said it wasn't. Although last night I was thinking in some ways this case is similar to one locally, Denise Amber Lee. In that one, Denise was kidnapped from her own home during the middle of the day. Her two infant kids were left alone in their crib. Denise managed to call 911 from the suspects car multiple times, was seen in the car tied up and screaming by multiple witnesses, but 911 botched the call transfers, cops went to wrong addresses, etc. and she was found dead. Ultimately no clear connection between Denise and her killer was ever found. So in the end it was a random crime and he was convicted for it.

POST SNIPPED....

US Marshalls usually assist with federal prison transfers, protect federal witnesses, and assist in finding federal fugitives. Could the guy who took Holly could be a federal fugitive?

The FBI investigates federal crimes. Such as crimes that cross state lines, bank robberies, drug smuggling, racketeering, etc. They can help local LE if asked.

The FBI and US Marshalls are not the same.

Thats interesting!

The original question was just how many women are found alive. And it does happen. Actually the three examples I use I think are helpful... it shows three kits of cases with three kinds of suspects. Just shows it can be anyone. It doesn't have to be XYZ.

And obviously it was someone with a plan. I never said it wasn't. Although last night I was thinking in some ways this case is similar to one locally, Denise Amber Lee. In that one, Denise was kidnapped from her own home during the middle of the day. Her two infant kids were left alone in their crib. Denise managed to call 911 from the suspects car multiple times, was seen in the car tied up and screaming by multiple witnesses, but 911 botched the call transfers, cops went to wrong addresses, etc. and she was found dead. Ultimately no clear connection between Denise and her killer was ever found. So in the end it was a random crime and he was convicted for it.

No carla i totally ndrstand what you are saying.
carla i live in North Port i know the Denise amber lee case that was so horrible.

Urgent: after new developments overnight, volunteers are asked to resume search now in force. #hollybobo #teamholly
2 minutes ago via HTC Peep

Breaking: THP: All 1,000 volunteers asked to return now to search "new areas of interest" #hollybobo #teamholly
3 minutes ago via HTC Peep

http://twitter.com/willnunley

Yeah North Port. I live in Tampa. That case was so frustrating. Her family seems like a real class act. I have seen some follow ups by her husband about how he is doing, the kids, etc. SAD

I think its time for a trip down to Anna Maria Island or Venice Beach...

THP: ALL 4 Wheelers and Horses needed to report to the fairgrounds at this time. #newinformation #hollybobo
less than 5 seconds ago via HTC Peep

So, it sounds like they are going pretty deep into the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500