TN TN - Jennifer Elliott 31, called mom, asked for ride frm Viking Mtn, LE respnded, man she knew told them she ran into woods, Greeneville, 22 Mar 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

"On May 2, 2024, Jennifer Elliott was reported as missing by a family member. She called her mother on March 22, 2024, saying she was stuck on Viking Mountain and needed a ride. Officers arrived at the vehicle and found Anthony Walton, an acquaintance of Elliott's, at the vehicle. He told officers that Jennifer ran off into the woods. Officers looked for Jennifer but could not locate her. She has not been seen or heard from since, according to family."

Elliott is described as a white female who is 5 feet 2 inches tall and has brown hair.

Missing Person Alert issued For Jennifer Elliott

1714728364901.png

(I wonder why her family didn't report her missing until May 2.)

"On May 2, 2024, Jennifer Elliott was reported as missing by a family member. She called her mother on March 22, 2024, saying she was stuck on Viking Mountain and needed a ride. Officers arrived at the vehicle and found Anthony Walton, an acquaintance of Elliott's, at the vehicle. He told officers that Jennifer ran off into the woods. Officers looked for Jennifer but could not locate her. She has not been seen or heard from since, according to family."

Elliott is described as a white female who is 5 feet 2 inches tall and has brown hair.

Missing Person Alert issued For Jennifer Elliott

View attachment 501106

(I wonder why her family didn't report her missing until May 2.)
Name on poster is "Jennifer Unique Lynn Elliott" -- wonder what the story is THERE?

Viking Mountain is the last road between me and the North Carolina state line. It is far from our city of Greeneville and response time is likely slow. I have lived hear 27 years and have heard various stories about Viking 'Insurance Holler' for getting rid of vehicles, murder, and drug crimes out that way. Very beautiful area in the day time. Wouldn't go near it at night!

MAY 3, 2024
[...]

“There were some hikers on the Appalachian Trail that actually spotted a female when they were going down by the vehicle that appeared to be hiding, trying to avoid the hikers,” Beverly said. “And we believe that to be Jennifer.”

[...]

“The March 22nd incident, the male acquaintance had warrants on him and was arrested at the scene,” Beverly said.

“It wasn’t warrants from Greene County. It was a different county and he was released from that county. And I guess through conversations, she’s still hasn’t contacted any family since March 22nd.”

Beverly says the vehicle is still out in the woods.

[...]

Multiple hikers had discussed a white van that appeared to be stuck on what they described as a side access trail to the Appalachian Trail near the top of Camp Creek Bald. The van is reportedly the car that Jennifer Elliott called her family to report being stuck on March 22 of this year.

Officers were not able to locate her at the time, and she has not been seen or heard from since that date according to the family. Her vehicle was photographed and posted to Facebook with a comment that it was located off the roadway on what appeared to be a connector trail to the Appalachain Trail. Detective Toby Price with the Greene County Sheriff’s Department said that that vehicle was going to be towed by the Forest Service.
1714815309697.png

The fact that she was trying to hide from hikers leads me to think she didn't think she was in particular danger from her male companion (or she would have sought their help) but either it was a mental health issue or drugs that may have made her react that way. Perhaps they will find some clues if LE searches her car. Missing Woman’s Car To Be Towed From Viking Mountain

May 7, 2024

A group of volunteer members of rescue squads from Greene and surrounding counties are slated to conduct a search Saturday on Viking Mountain for a woman reported missing last week.

Elliott and her boyfriend had traveled up Viking Mountain and were stuck off a road not normally used for vehicular traffic, Price (Det. Sgt) stated.

“It’s not a road for vehicles, but walking only,” said Price. “It’s almost to the Appalachian Trail.”

The van was less than 100 yards from the road, Price stated.

“Her boyfriend said they were living in the van that was found off the road,” Price said.

“The boyfriend said they both participated in drug use. We don’t know her mental state” at the time of her disappearance, stated Price.

“I’m not suspecting any foul play,” though not ruling it out entirely, said Price.

Over 130 acres if forest and trail areas were searched along the Appalachian Trail near the top of Camp Creek Bald and the Viking Mountain area. The search grid was based on data from lost person’s behavior studies, and teams were broken out into grids. Search operations began around 9:00 AM and continued until after 6:00 pm.

Over 130 acres if forest and trail areas were searched along the Appalachian Trail near the top of Camp Creek Bald and the Viking Mountain area. The search grid was based on data from lost person’s behavior studies, and teams were broken out into grids. Search operations began around 9:00 AM and continued until after 6:00 pm.
It makes sense to cover thoroughly the last place she was known to be. So, I am very happy to read about this search. Plus, a few years ago, another man vanished from Viking Mountain - his car was found, but I don't believe he's ever been heard from or seen again. 34-year-old Matthew James Smith was reported missing on Nov. 11, 2018 according to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina. IIRC, he was known to hike alone. (NC man still missing from Viking Mountain in Greene County.)

This is very rugged territory and takes a special kind of person to be able to conduct searches there or even navigate the terrain.

I personally doubt Elliott would still be on Viking, but it needed to be searched just in case she had never been able to leave back in March.

The reasonable guess is that at 31 she leads the life she wants without much contact with family. She's an adult, and it is her choice.

But how difficult it must be for her family, and the Smith family.

MAY 14, 2024
[...]

Detective Toby Price told News Channel 11 that a search party involving eight different agencies from both Tennessee and North Carolina came out Saturday to search the last area on Viking Mountain where Elliott was seen.

[...]

The search started Saturday at 9:30 a.m. and ended around 6 p.m. Price said the search covered around 200 acres of Viking Mountain.

“When you got hundreds of thousands of acres up there, it’s just a little scratch off the top of it,” Price said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back