GUILTY TN - Jennifer Hampton, 21, Knoxville, 19 Sept 2008

There is another rumor floating around that the 2 illegal immigrants are involved. Their names keep coming up so I bet they are somehow involved with this.

It is not unusual for KPD to turn down assistance. I assume this was in the same jurisdiction that refused to allow America's Most Wanted to do a story on the Johnia Berry murder.

Bad News..........I am very sorry to report..............

She was found by a fisherman in Melton Hill Lake - about 8 miles from the hotel. There is something wrong with this entire investigation. I don't have time to type it right now, but I will tell you my observations later this evening. I was in Knoxville last Monday and was searching with my search/rescue dog and was told they did not need my help. Friends from her hometown had a large search team assembled and when they called the Knoxville City Police they were told they could not search as they only used their own teams. I will get back with everyone later today.

yes, utvolfan, same jurisdiction as johana berry.

i sure hope they have some great forensic evidence to find the low life or lifes that did this to her.

and, yes, i wonder about the 2 arrested for being illegal.
bluestarzz

Here is what I know. I was there Monday after she disappeared Saturday night. When we arrived Knoxville City Police were towing 2 cars on a flatbed wrecker. There was a large area in the front of the parking lot set up with police line tape - no entry. When I pulled up there were 17 persons standing in the taped off area talking.

Directly across from the hotel is a popular walking trail for locals which has a paved walking trail and wetlands in some areas. It is about a mile and a half long with businesses on the left side going South on the trail.

I asked if they had an item of clothing my dog could scent - they told me they did not want anyone but their search teams involved. I thanked them and left. I ignored them and went down the wetland trails. There were NO officers or search teams on that trail or off the sides of that trail. We were really surprised as this starts directly across the street from the hotel.

We found two new looking women's tennis shoes on the main road through the Turkey Creek Shopping area, which runs perpendicular from the hotel and parallel to the walking trail. We returned and told one KCPD officer. He said he would check and walked away. I did not feel he was interested and told another officer. He said "thanks" and did not even ask where they were. I finally called one of the officers over from "inside" the taped off area and told him I felt he should at least go get them as they were about 200 ft apart going South on the road and if someone were abducted, they might be trying to leave a trail. Those shoes were still there on the 24th. I had to leave that Wednesday but returned today for those shoes and they were no longer there. I really regret not picking those up and taking them to her family myself. It most likely would not have made any difference in her fate but they did lead to the direction she was taken, if they were hers.

My opinion is this is about the illegals and unreported evidently they worked at that motel. They had a key to that room, so they had access. The KCPD is being way too hush, hush and I feel it is because they know the people in the Knoxville area will not put up with illegals killing young women. They are the farthest thing from "politically correct" with things such as this. I listened to talk radio there today and people are livid over this.
http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=9090756

A young man was murdered and gutted by illegals in Knoxville also this week.

http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=9088633

There is another rumor floating around that the 2 illegal immigrants are involved. Their names keep coming up so I bet they are somehow involved with this.

Two men who worked at the same Days Inn appeared in court to face forgery charges on Monday. 38-year-old Rogelio Dominguez Melchor and 19-year-old Valentino Vasquez Miranda were each arrested the day after Hampton disappeared. Police say the two used fake Social Security cards to obtain employment because they're in the country illegally. Their hearings were rescheduled for October 15th at the state's request. Neither has been charged with anything related to Hampton's disappearance.

Could they have acsessed the room if she had flipped the safety bar on the door? I'm wondering for my own piece of mind. If they couldn't, and it's true she had been worried about the two men, then she would have had to open the door. I don't think she would have done that unless it was someone she knew. Unless, of course the men tricked her in some way.

Could they have acsessed the room if she had flipped the safety bar on the door? I'm wondering for my own piece of mind. If they couldn't, and it's true she had been worried about the two men, then she would have had to open the door. I don't think she would have done that unless it was someone she knew. Unless, of course the men tricked her in some way.

Employees have a special key to open all doors even with the bolt lock on. I don't know if that door had a safely bar, many do not. I travel all the time and I have a door stop alarm which will stop any intruders, and sound a screeching alarm if pushed.

We have women's traveling safety classes with my company. We first teach women to NEVER stay in a hotel with outside access. That was her company's mistake for using such a motel/hotel. That is NEVER safe for a woman traveling alone. We advise to ask for a "secure" floor when checking in the hotel. Most hotels now have women's secure floors.

Knoxville police said today they have a suspect in custody in the slaying of a former Alabama homecoming queen whose body was found Saturday in Melton Hill Lake.

"A suspect in the case is currently being held without bond on unrelated charges," Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk said in a press release.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/30/hampton-slaying-suspect-custody/

Sounds like it is one of the two illegal immigrants that they already have in custody. They only think it is one of them from this article. There are also pictures of the two creeps. What gives someone the right to just go into a room and harm someone like Jennifer? I will never understand it.

http://www.farragutpress.com/articles/2008/09/9149.html

Employees have a special key to open all doors even with the bolt lock on. I don't know if that door had a safely bar, many do not. I travel all the time and I have a door stop alarm which will stop any intruders, and sound a screeching alarm if pushed.

We have women's traveling safety classes with my company. We first teach women to NEVER stay in a hotel with outside access. That was her company's mistake for using such a motel/hotel. That is NEVER safe for a woman traveling alone. We advise to ask for a "secure" floor when checking in the hotel. Most hotels now have women's secure floors.

Thank you for this information. Where did you get your door stop alarm?

i think i remember reading something that they weren't originally supposed to stay at this day's inn. their reservations got mixed up because of the UT ballgame in town. they might have had a better location booked, then got the shaft from the other hotel.
bluestarzz

Thank you for this information. Where did you get your door stop alarm?

I bought mine at an office supply store, but I believe almost anywhere would have them. I would check Walmart, or Lowes, too.

They are not expensive and might save your life someday. They also have an additional alarm in some packages which fits on your door by the bolt lock.

Just NEVER stay in a motel with windows and doors to the outside parking lot and always ask for a higher floor when traveling alone. I have traveled alone for over 30 years, so I can tell you all the things you don't want to do. LOL

very good stuff to think about turbothink...companies should get on board with this and supply their employees that have to travel with a safety package......get a grip, if you ask an employee to travel, do something extra for their safety. there are too many perps out there.
bluestarzz

very good stuff to think about turbothink...companies should get on board with this and supply their employees that have to travel with a safety package......get a grip, if you ask an employee to travel, do something extra for their safety. there are too many perps out there.
bluestarzz

And, keep in mind, women are not the only victims of crimes in hotels either, men are also susceptible.

I bought mine at an office supply store, but I believe almost anywhere would have them. I would check Walmart, or Lowes, too.

They are not expensive and might save your life someday. They also have an additional alarm in some packages which fits on your door by the bolt lock.

Just NEVER stay in a motel with windows and doors to the outside parking lot and always ask for a higher floor when traveling alone. I have traveled alone for over 30 years, so I can tell you all the things you don't want to do. LOL

Thank you. I will look for one of those. I really don't travel alone but I have had to go with just my children. I always make sure I stay in the ones with inside acsess only. There have been a couple of times that I have gone on trips with my childrens schools where we have had outside acsess. Coaches have made those arraingments and am not so sure they thought too much about safey. I always flip the safety latch. I figured I would at least hear if someone tried to get in but I like the idea of the alarm better. Just in case.

The younger illegal has been charged with her murder. His wife turned over to LE his bloody clothes.....I will try and link the link....

I am disgusted on SO many levels with this case. WHY the "F" has it only been on WS's that I have seen it?? Honestly, this is every parents worst nightmare - their wonderful, productive, daughter = goes on a job assignment and FREAKING DISAPPEARS!!! AGHHHG!!! This girl was my daughter, minus two years. She was from a small community and manged to escape into what seemed like a successful career pathway. Days Inn OWES HER AND HER FAMILY BIG time!!! How the HELL (yes, I said HELL), can they allow illegal immigrants to have a FREAKING KEY TO THE ROOM OF EVERYONE???? I am beyond Disgusted, and I will NEVER, EVER, IN MY ENTIRE ESISTENCE ON THIS PLANET STAY AT A DAYS INN AGAIN!!! This case is wrong on SO many levels. KUDOS to Knoxville, LE for hitting it home this soon.

Thanks - this is so sad! :( I don't understand why this guy had a master key? Was this hotel owned from out of state, and who the heck was watching over things there? It makes me scared to stay at a hotel in my own state now! :furious:

Sounds like he used this place as a base of "operations" for various crimes, since he was also selling Social Security cards. Geez!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back