TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
per crime & justice board obviously an old article but it doesn't say where it's from:

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=141

Wednesday, March 24, 2004 was not like any other day. Two-year-old Adrianna was in her bedroom, unaware of all that was happening. Her mother, 22-year-old Jennifer Wix and her live-in boyfriend, William Joseph Benton, were involved in a heated argument. That night, a very upset Jennifer called her mother, Kathy Holloway.

"She was upset," said Kathy, "and I offered to come and get her, but she felt she could handle the situation." That was the last time Kathy heard from her daughter. Adrianna and Jennifer had disappeared.

That Saturday, Kathy Holloway contacted the Robertson County Sheriff's Department to report she had not heard from or seen her daughter and grandchild since Wednesday. "We just want to hear from her," said Kathy. "We wish she would get in contact with us so we would know that she's all right. I just want her to call and say Mom, I'm not missing, I'm okay. If that's what it is, that's all I want to hear. She don't have to say where she's at if she doesn't want us to know. If she wants to be alone, just let us know." Jennifer is very close to her family and always stayed in touch with them two or three times a week. It was not like her to not let them know her whereabouts.

Local authorities treated the case as a missing persons case and immediately questioned Benton about Adrianna and her Jennifer. Initially, Benton reported that he last saw the missing child and mother on Thursday when she left with a friend he did not know. Benton changed his story upon further questioning and told the authorities he dropped off Adrianna and Jennifer at an Exxon gas station around 9:30 that evening, but he could not remember which station it was. The more he was questioned the more Benton's stories continued to change. Investigators from the sheriff's office followed up on every lead Benton provided, but only met dead-ends. Twenty-three-year-old Benton was released but has not been dismissed as a suspect.

As the weeks passed, posters and fliers were circulated throughout the county and a mass search was conducted. Friends, family members, neighbors and residents were questioned, with the hopes of gaining leads on Adrianna and her mother's whereabouts. Cadaver dogs were even used to search Benton's family's property and surrounding woods. "An intense and extensive investigation has been executed and is still underway," reported the Robertson County Sheriff's Office.

It has been five moths since Adrianna and her mother disappeared. Adrianna's entire family has been making public pleas for the safe return of her and Jennifer. They even hired private detectives to investigate the case. Adrianna goes by the nickname Nina and has a birth mark on her thigh. A $15,000 Reward is being offered for any information leading to the recovery of Adrianna and Jennifer Wix. Anyone with information should immediately contact the Robertson County Sheriff's Department, Detective Mike Carlyle ( 615-384-7971). Or call Texas EquuSearch (281-309-9500, toll-free 877-270-9500).

also snipped from crime & justice board originally came from http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../303010119/1304 :

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=141&st=20

Grandmother of missing Wix girls makes bid for sheriff

By Nicole Young
Staff Writer

Peggy Calvert is on a mission for justice in Robertson County.

Calvert, along with six other candidates, is running for sheriff.

So far, the race includes current Sheriff Gene Bollinger, Ronald Burney, Larry Cook, Sherman Glover, Jim Hyde and Thomas Guthrie Jr. in addition to Calvert.

“I never thought of becoming sheriff until I became a victim of crime in this county, and becoming a victim made me realize how desperately Robertson County needs a change in their law enforcement leadership. This change must occur for the future of Robertson County and its citizens,” Calvert said.

“I don’t think (the job) would be that hard to do as long as you have compassion for people and treat people the way you want to be treated.”

Calvert, 63, and her family say they have been seeking justice for nearly two years after the disappearance of granddaughter Jennifer Wix, now 24, and great-granddaughter Adrianna, now 4.

The mother and daughter have been missing since March 24, 2004

“I think Jennifer and Adrianna have met with foul play. Jennifer didn’t work. Jennifer had no money, no car. The only money she had come into her life was the next day after she disappeared, which was $500 for a tax refund. That money is still here.”

Calvert’s daughter, Kathy Holloway, said she last spoke with Jennifer Wix on the day of her disappearance when she called at about 9 p.m. upset over an argument with her boyfriend, William Joseph “Joey” Benton.

also from crime and justice board:

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=141&st=40

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../303290146/1304

Wednesday, 03/29/06

Family of missing woman marks anniversary with prayer, persistence

Sheriff’s department hasn’t found mother, daughter

By Nicole Young
Robertson County Times

This week marks the two-year anniversary of the disappearance of Jennifer Wix and her young daughter Adrianna.

The anniversary comes on the heels of another search for the missing pair at a rural location where Jennifer lived until she and her daughter, then 2, disappeared March 24, 2004, according to Robertson County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Don Bennett.

According to police reports, Kathy Holloway said she last spoke with her daughter, Jennifer, then 22, on the day of her disappearance when she called at about 9 p.m. upset over an argument with her boyfriend, William Joseph “Joey’’ Benton.

Wix had been living with Benton and his family since the previous fall.

At the time of the disappearance, Benton, now 25, told authorities that he last saw Wix when he dropped her and her daughter at an Exxon Station around 9:30 that last night near Cross Plains. He stated they left with someone in a white car.

The recent two-day search of the Benton property began March 14 and covered about 45 acres, which is, according to records, the full size of the property.

“We had four doctors from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville’s Department of Anthropology come in to assist in the search efforts,’’ explained Bennett, sitting among the four-volume case file, which took up most of the desk and floor space in his office. “There was also a doctor from the (U.T. Knoxville) forensic department out here as well. We had officers come in from about 90 other agencies to take part in the search, but we did not find anything.’’

The Benton property has been the site of numerous searches since the disappearance, according to Bennett.

Bennett says the Benton family has been cooperative with police and has willingly allowed officers to search the land.

“We’ve searched the property two times with dogs. The first search was done by a cadaver dog from Metro. The second search was conducted with two dogs from the Tennessee Highway Patrol,’’ he said.

The family of the missing mother and daughter insists that the searches have not been thorough enough.

“The first dog that searched the property did not pick up a scent, but it was only allowed in one area of the property,’’ said Holloway. “The second search that occurred with dogs only lasted an hour to an hour and a half, tops.

“The sheriff’s department and I do not agree on whether or not the entire property has been searched with dogs,’’ she added. “It is my understanding that this time there were no cadaver dogs used in the search, but the sheriff’s department supposedly did a thorough search.

“I have respect for the work police do. Their job is not a fun or easy one and, unfortunately, in today’s world it is a terrible job to have. My only grievance with the sheriff’s department lies with the search of the Benton property. It’s been two years now when action needed to be taken immediately. Two years is too long when it comes to your children.’’

But officials say the investigation into the disappearance of the missing girls has been competent and thorough from the very beginning.

“The investigation is still active and is still presently a missing persons case,’’ Bennett said. “The case is still worked on every week.’’

This past weekend, family and friends of Wix and her daughter gathered for a remembrance of the pair at Owens Chapel Methodist Church. They traveled to a cemetery near the Benton property for prayer and released balloons.

If you have any information about the Wix case, contact the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office at 384-7971.

from crime & justice board (good info for timeline although you probably already have it):

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=141&st=40

A Voice for Jennifer

Mother wants answers in girls' disappearance

To the Editor:

Unfortunately, my daughter, Jennifer Wix, is not here and I must be her voice. I will continue to do so as long as necessary.

I am grateful to the people of the community and law enforcement who continue to support my family as we search for the truth.

I feel that the public should have a clear understanding of the events leading to the girl's disappearance.

In the spring of 2003, I transferred to Nevada. Jennifer chose to stay here, her home, to raise her child. Three months later she told me she had met Joey Benton and that they had fallen in love. A month later the relationship had ended badly. Jennifer called me after a violent argument with Joey and she and Adrianna moved to her grandparents. She wanted me to move home and I did.

They moved into an apartment in my home in the fall of 2003. On Dec. 21, 2003, Jenn decided to give their relationship another chance and moved into "the barn" with Joey. They stayed with him in the barn until a few weeks before they vanished. On March 23, 2004 at 9 p.m. I received a call from Jenn, there was a terrible argument occurring between her and Joey's parents. She was crying and could not believe that these folks that she cared about were so hostile towards her and Adrianna. Like most young women, she wanted to handle the situation herself. That would be the last time that I would hear Jennifer's voice.

Jennifer and Adrianna's fate is a mystery to me, but there are some things that I know for sure.

Jennifer loved Joey Benton and told me that they were planning a future together.

The long distance calls that Jenn made were to her father in Manchester and locally to her aunt.

Joey's statement to my family is that Jenn returned to his home on Friday, this is the last known place she was seen.

Jennifer had no car, took no clothing and no money. Jennifer has never ran away, there is no reason to believe that she has now, they vanished from the Benton home on Friday, March 25, 2004. Neither of their social security numbers have been used.

My daughter loved Robertson County and her life here.

I love them, miss them and will continue to search for them.

Kathy Casey-Holloway
Mom and Mimi of missing Jennifer and Adrianna Wix

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...161/1308/MTCN03

Just learning about Jenn and Nina today. Wow...That Topix sure is something?.?.? My heart goes out to the Holloway family, hopefully looking at everything with fresh eyes can help in some way. Now i know why Kimster hasn't been hanging out on the party thread:)...Thank-You for bringing it to our attention.

RN, thank you so much for all of that information! WOW! I have a lot of work to do! LOL

Also, I've written my heartfelt note to Lt. Bennett thanking him for working on this case!

Just learning about Jenn and Nina today. Wow...That Topix sure is something?.?.? My heart goes out to the Holloway family, hopefully looking at everything with fresh eyes can help in some way. Now i know why Kimster hasn't been hanging out on the party thread:)...Thank-You for bringing it to our attention.

I know! I miss you guys! But everytime I think about going to party, I think how I can be using that time to get this case back on track! Once we get all the timelines and such done, I'll come back - with bells on!

RNMom! Thank you for those links! I'm starting a folder and labeling each one to help us with our timeline and reports that have been made! {{{HUGS}}} VERY helpful!

Hey guys - I found a list of media outlets on one of the missing persons websites under resources. I sent all of them my "form letter" asking for assistance and links to the girls website and the topix forum. So far I am only getting back the standard auto replies but I am confident that one of these letters is going to reach "THE" person. Today I am going to hit the local media. The reporters all have their personal business emails listed on most as opposed to the national ones. I am also going to talk to one of my friends today that has contacts everywhere, she is one of those people that everyone knows and she has pull everywhere. She has already offered to help any way possible.

Also, since I am new on WS, what exactly is the Parking Lot?

Thank you, Lucy! I am going to write my letter from the timeline angle, like a story. Hopefully if we all write letters in our own ways, SOMEONE will like one of our styles and pick up the story!!!

Thank you for your support! I said most..... not all. There are some really genuine people that pop up from time to time and it is so very easy to tell who they are. The best way to tell who is who is just to use common sense. Most people are genuinely good at heart and can see through the spin system that is Joe Benton. When Joe starts posting under other names it is pretty easy to tell because he has a distinctive style to his speech patterns and makes quite a few grammatical errors. I think (much like Kathy does) that about 90% of the posts that are negative are from Joe and not any family or supporters. His family members do post from time to time but they do not try to remain anonymous. Please keep coming back, we need you and your prayer and support!

Thank You! And I will and do post there....I think its possible...Joe just might slip up with all his different "beings" lol. But OMG I hate it when he uses a different name and slams someone, then someone else says..stop...and joe comes back and says OK, I will leave...and he gets begged to not leave .....UGH! :confused: :eek::

;)
Thank You! And I will and do post there....I think its possible...Joe just might slip up with all his different "beings" lol. But OMG I hate it when he uses a different name and slams someone, then someone else says..stop...and joe comes back and says OK, I will leave...and he gets begged to not leave .....UGH! :confused: :eek::
I know but that is why I think someone from the outside is crucial to help with this. Joe and his many personalities have called me every name in the book. Please don't think for one minute I do not know it is Joe. It is crucial to keep Joe talking. We have basically 2 years worth of conflicting stories due to the Topix site. Think of it from an investigative standpoint. If Joe is innocent then maybe something he says will help. If he is not innocent he is hanging himself. Either way he was one of the last people with Jenn before she disappeared. He likes to be told he is smart and how much we need him to help. It's no skin off my nose. Whatever keeps him talking. Try to take everything with a grain of salt, I used to pound my keyboard in frustration and now I laugh my butt off at the ridiculousness of it. I still can't take anyone saying things about Jenn but I pray through that part. Me though, I don't matter. Only the girls.

I finally found the link to the Nancy Grace transcripts which mentioned Adrianna on May 25, 2005...she did not mention Jennifer. She does; however, refer to it as an unsolved homicide.

"And, as we go to break, I want to remind you that we here at NANCY GRACE want very much to solve unsolved homicides, to help find missing people. Tonight, take a look at Adrianna Wix. Adrianna disappeared from Cross Plains, Tennessee, March 2004, just 3 years old. If you have any information on Adrianna Wix, please contact the Robertson County Sheriff`s Office, 615-384-7971, or go to beyondmissing.com. Please, help us."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0505/25/ng.01.html

Hello all who are searching for the girls! We have consolidated back to one thread here. It's just easier that way! Having two threads was a pain in the patooty, if you know what I mean! I've been working on the Topix thread and spent HOURS reading it last night. I still have a couple of thousand posts to read! CRAZY! Thank you so much for working on the media threads! When I get some time again, I'll catargorize(sp) the new ones! Thank you and keep Kathy and her mom in prayers! Her mom was sick yesterday!

Hello all who are searching for the girls! We have consolidated back to one thread here. It's just easier that way! Having two threads was a pain in the patooty, if you know what I mean! I've been working on the Topix thread and spent HOURS reading it last night. I still have a couple of thousand posts to read! CRAZY! Thank you so much for working on the media threads! When I get some time again, I'll catargorize(sp) the new ones! Thank you and keep Kathy and her mom in prayers! Her mom was sick yesterday!

:wave::wave::wave: I'm reading everything I can gets my crossed-eyeballs on. This family is in my prayers and thoughts. Take care of yourself, too, Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592