TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say GB couldnt have been that blind!
He has known that lunatic for a long time!

I guess before we jump the gun we need to find out if he did molest them!

so far all they have said was they were hngry and had poison ivy!

Speaking as a child abuse victim, this article makes me cringe and totally sick.
I'm sure it didn't stop there either.
Trying so hard not to judge, but I can't understand after Adam being investigated for that incident alone, cleared or not, as a parent, GB could ever allow Adam to be alone with Ky again or any of the girls for that matter.
If the story is true, first of all why does a 7 year old need to be shaving her legs?
Second of all, what gives Adam the right to be the one doing that with her?
Last of all, NAKED? Why?????
I'm gonna puke!!!!
It brings back too many memories for me.
I'm pissed right now....

I couldn't agree with you more! Even without this allegation, I am completely sickened that this man had contenual contact with these children and was allowed to take them to his home. The whole environment in that home was unhealthy for those children. Yes, a child may like uncle so-and-so because he pays special attention to them but it's the adults to protect their safety.

I am so happy to know that these litttle girls are alive and now in safe hands. I hope that for the rest of their lives they get the best possible care that can be provided to help them have a healthy life. This should be monitored and ensured that they continue treatment as they most likely will relocate out of state.

But then why would you allow your children to go for extended visits at the home of a woman who was mentally unstable enough to make up molestation stories?

IMHO, those girls had no business being around any Mayeses whatsoever.

Had it been my children.....
I couldn't give a fig about hurt feelings or being polite to the adults. They'll just have to get over it. Not worth taking even the tiniest chance that the milk ain't clean there.

I am Team Kids all the way. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know who made the allegations, what caused them or why the Bains didn't seem to be affected by them.

All I know is that AM was investigated, KB was interviewed and AM was never charged.

I'm guessing that KB denied that anything of the sort happened. She was 7 years old at the time, so it wasn't like trying to interview a barely verbal toddler.

My guess is that the person who made the allegations was Teresa Mayes. She had a motive and she fits the description of "a family member." It makes more sense to me than that GB's ex-wife and AM's sister made the allegations, considering that PMB was not living in the family home at that point, so far as I can tell.

My next guess is that at some point during the investigation or after it was closed, she confessed she'd made a false allegation. There was a reference on her FB page to going onto medication, which could have been perceived an indication of increasing mental stability (particularly if she confessed and apologised).

It certainly is true that people make up false allegations of child abuse for a number of reasons, usually to do with anger or revenge. If you believed a good friend had been the victim of a false allegation, would you punish them for it?

Since it seems to be a very well known issue that AM had an obsession with the children, and well known that AM felt that one or two of the children are his children, I sure hope that there is a full mental evaluation of all the adults that will be caring for these children.

I can not wrap my brain around everyone knowing how AM felt about the children, knowing how he treated his mother, his wife etc., and allowing this man to be around the girls.

This is not a case where adults on all sides, of all the families involved, just learned about this, this has been known for a long time. This is what bothers me the most about this case, that these three beautiful girls may have gone through so much with AM in their lives, of which, appears to me to be most of their lives.

I have seen pictures of the girls with AM, and they look happy, but then I think, maybe they thought this was the norm.

What a mess!

He might have not gotten the chance. Police had him surrounded and were telling him to show his hands. Instead he shot himself in the head. This outcome could be due to good police work and luck. Thankfully he wasn't holed up somewhere with the children when police got them surrounded.

I wonder if the girls had to see that.
That could be very traumatic to them too.

I have to agree with you 100%

But its all water under the bridge now!

Well, except that I am still hoping that all of this is closely looked at by LE and children's services before returning the girls to their dad. Again, I am sure the poor guy is hurting badly, but the girls' well being has to come before that of the dad. IMHO.

I hope this can all be done as quickly as possible, though, while still being thorough. Those girls' need to start healing. I am so glad they are alive to do that!!!

Yes much more to do before they will be in a position to provide accurate information.

There as well have been a number of arrests to the point it was stated that they were running short on space to put everyone.

A number of not so nice people were found as the result of all the LE during this time.

Um that's awesome (insert sarcasm here) that there were so many arrests and other adults involved. It's so sad.
It's bad enough that one person was involved but lots of people and arrests?
These poor girls.
Who will they ever trust again?

I hope LE will finish the investigation without releasing any more details in regards to the girls. I personally do not want to know anymore, he is dead period. These girls have a difficult road to walk now. As with so many we see and IMO these babies were failed by the very adults that should have protected them.

The problem I have with the allegations that triggered the investigation of AM is that they included that he allegedly had a stash of child *advertiser censored* magazines under his bed.

That's tangible, concrete evidence if true. That's not dependent on anyone's word, either the mags were there or they were not there.

If he had a stash of child *advertiser censored* mags, I cannot believe that charges would not have been filed. That would be a slamdunk conviction for any DA.

So I infer that no child *advertiser censored* mags were found.

And if there were no child *advertiser censored* mags, if the alleged victim denied the allegation, well...

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus and all that.

Since it seems to be a very well known issue that AM had an obsession with the children, and well known that AM felt that one or two of the children are his children, I sure hope that there is a full mental evaluation of all the adults that will be caring for these children.

I can not wrap my brain around everyone knowing how AM felt about the children, knowing how he treated his mother, his wife etc., and allowing this man to be around the girls.

This is not a case where adults on all sides, of all the families involved, just learned about this, this has been known for a long time. This is what bothers me the most about this case, that these three beautiful girls may have gone through so much with AM in their lives, of which, appears to me to be most of their lives.

I have seen pictures of the girls with AM, and they look happy, but then I think, maybe they thought this was the norm.

What a mess!

I think there is alot we do not know!
And probably never will unless these girls tell what has happend to them.

I don't know who made the allegations, what caused them or why the Bains didn't seem to be affected by them.

All I know is that AM was investigated, KB was interviewed and AM was never charged.

I'm guessing that KB denied that anything of the sort happened. She was 7 years old at the time, so it wasn't like trying to interview a barely verbal toddler.

My guess is that the person who made the allegations was Teresa Mayes. She had a motive and she fits the description of "a family member." It makes more sense to me than that GB's ex-wife and AM's sister made the allegations, considering that PMB was not living in the family home at that point, so far as I can tell.

My next guess is that at some point during the investigation or after it was closed, she confessed she'd made a false allegation. There was a reference on her FB page to going onto medication, which could have been perceived an indication of increasing mental stability (particularly if she confessed and apologised).

It certainly is true that people make up false allegations of child abuse for a number of reasons, usually to do with anger or revenge. If you believed a good friend had been the victim of a false allegation, would you punish them for it?

I guess my feeling on that would be that my girls would be staying in the home of EITHER.... an unstable woman who made up a terrible lie about my daughter and her husband. ...

OR......that my girls would be staying in the home of a man who was naked with my 7 year old baby in the bathroom, shaving her legs.

Either way, I would have to put the kibosh on any sleepovers, but quick. Too sketchy and volatile.

I don't think of it as punishing an adult so much as protecting a child.

I understand and respect what you are saying, but I also think that an adult without nefarious motive would be able to look at the situation and understand why the mom wouldn't let the girls come stay with me and my unhinged wife. IMHO

If a mod is around this morning, the timeline does need some work. First, it would be good for the sake of clarity to remove the part about the Bain family temporarily moving to Arizona in winter 2011. I believe that's inaccurate but don't have enough information to say for sure either way. I think they may have gone to Arizona over the holidays to prepare for relocating. Also, the timeline should have the new information added. Unfortunately, I am off on a field trip with my son today. So I won't be around to do much. But it would be fine for a mod to make the necessary timeline changes.

Um that's awesome (insert sarcasm here) that there were so many arrests and other adults involved. It's so sad.
It's bad enough that one person was involved but lots of people and arrests?
These poor girls.
Who will they ever trust again?

BBM

I don't know if the bolded was a real question or a rhetorical one, so I'm treating it as a real question.

Who will they trust? My hope for them is that they will grow into mature women who are strong, capable and resilient, who can trust themselves first and foremost. Who will know to the core of their beings that they are strong enough to cope with whatever challenges life throws at them.

If they grow into that maturity, then trusting others is not a huge problem because no matter what happens, they will know they can get through it.

Trusting someone does not equal being willing to be that person's victim; it means that you trust yourself to handle whatever might happen if you decide to let that person into your life and heart.

I'm not saying it is something that comes easily or quickly but it's a lesson that every healthy adult has to learn.

This year I have had to be interviewed for 2 erroneous DCF calls, none of them against me, thank god. My sisters ex made a call after we exchanged his daughter into his custody for the week. He said she was covered in flea bites in her private area and elsewhere, had a ton of bruises, was filthy, and had scratches. The only thing true about that was the scratches. We had a kitten and my niece just would not leave it alone, so she had ONE scratch. When the exchange took place we had a police officer there because there was a RO in effect. In his report, which he made because the Ex "consulted" with him after we left, the officer noted that there was a scratch and told him if he was concerned to call DCF. DCF told the ex to take her to the hospital and they would meet him there, by the time they got there my niece had dirt under her fingernails, and "bug bites" which a doctor determined was a rash because she is allergic to diapers which the ex refuses to stop using. He actually went a put dirt under her fingernails. Sorry for the length, I just want to make sure it is painfully obvious that this was a false report made out of spite and revenge. My sister was cleared completely and now if he does it again DCF will press charges.

Not a few weeks later my sisters new boyfriend's ex girlfriend made an erroneous report. The new boyfriend was cleared and the girlfriend admitted she did it because she was mad. This didn't involve any molestation claim, just a claim that he was neglecting his kids.

Anyways....What if AM just told the Bains that the family made these allegations out of spite or hatred. If the family was already groomed, as I suspect they might have been, he could probably be pretty convincing. If JB knew of TMs jealousy and hatred of her then AM could just say TM made the report (If she did) because she didn't want AM spending time with the kids anymore. Unfortunately false reports happen a lot in the lower income/less educated group from what I have seen. Who knows, JB may have experienced this herself after her first marriage.

If a mod is around this morning, the timeline does need some work. First, it would be good for the sake of clarity to remove the part about the Bain family temporarily moving to Arizona in winter 2011. I believe that's inaccurate but don't have enough information to say for sure either way. I think they may have gone to Arizona over the holidays to prepare for relocating. Also, the timeline should have the new information added. Unfortunately, I am off on a field trip with my son today. So I won't be around to do much. But it would be fine for a mod to make the necessary timeline changes.

Is this the move you are referring to? It says they temporarily moved back to Tenn.

Approximately Winter 2011: Gary and JoAnn Bain TEMPORARILY moved back to Tennessee after a family death and listed a home for sale in Whiteville, Tennessee.

According to this article in the Jackson Sun, Mayes said it was his sister who reported him.

The Madison County (Miss.) Sheriff's Office received a referral from the Tennessee Department of Childrens Services on Feb. 23, 2010. Prior to any visit to Mayes's house, the Sheriff's Office contacted several agencies to see if there had been prior allegations of child *advertiser censored*. They didn't find any.

Deputies went to his house on March 3, 2010. Mayes wasn't home but TM let them walk through. She told deputies their computer did not have Internet access. The deputies did not see any evidence of child *advertiser censored* in the house or camper.

On March 19, KB went to a child advocacy center for a forensic interview.

Deputies did a 30-day mail check and he did not receive child *advertiser censored* in the mail during that time. The mail check was completed on April 20, 2010. Deputies tried to "entice" him to subscribe to a fake child *advertiser censored* mailing but he did not.

The deputies spoke with AM on April 20, 2010. He said the allegations were made by his sister because he had kicked her out of the house a few months before.

The investigation concluded that the allegations were unfounded.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120511/NEWS01/305110007

I am so proud of these little girls! They did it! They survived weeks with this maniac, and that is no small miracle.
I feel so glad that A and K have each other, because I don't think anyone else could ever understand what they have been through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels