TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

According to Teresa, JoAnn Bain was killed in the detached garage/shop:

Adam had walked into Gary's bedroom and got Jo Ann up. He had her walk out to the shop using the story of Kyliyah sleep-walking, once he got her into the shop, he hit her on the back of the head with a 2 x 4. He said this didn't phase her. Adam said she fought while he was strangling her with a rope with PVC at the ends.

http://files.wmctv.com/TeresaMayestestimony.pdf

One thing I found interesting in TM's statement is her saying she recongized the LE that came to the home as one who had been there before for a domestic issue when she beat Adam. Yet she is trying to come off as one who was so afraid of him that she had no choice but to do as he said. If it is true that she had at any time "beat Adam," it would appear that if she feared him, she didn't fear him 24/7.

The wife had all of two days to get out of that vehicle and high tail it to LE. The mother, as well, could have called LE and turned him in. She didn't..yet still claims she was afraid of him. They can say what they want at this point...and there are two witnesses who saw part of this go down. Tend to believe the wife was part of the murders as well, imo. What's hard for me to take in is the parents not noticing something was off with Alex's behavior toward this man...and vise-versa.

The wife had all of two days to get out of that vehicle and high tail it to LE. The mother, as well, could have called LE and turned him in. She didn't..yet still claims she was afraid of him. They can say what they want at this point...and there are two witnesses who saw part of this go down. Tend to believe the wife was part of the murders as well, imo. What's hard for me to take in is the parents not noticing something was off with Alex's behavior toward this man...and vise-versa.

I totally agree, these women had Plenty of time to call LE, LE would have protected them from AM. I realize they feared him, but my word, this is kidnapping and murder they took part in!

It is possible she may have been "infatuated" w/ AM, maybe he promised her all sorts of ridiculousness, who knows. Sad, the mom and older sister are not with us to hear their point of view. I hope we hear from the dad and the younger girls, I'd like to hear their side of the story.

Segment tonight at 10PM on the Bain sisters - 6 months later.
Memphis channel 5 (NBC) It will show up later at their website WMCTV.COM

Can anyone give details as to what they say as I can't view it here in England?

This case just leaves me with so many questions. Have the girls been questioned Re: the theory of some sort of romantic relationship with the perp? how are they holding up? what psychological/emotional effects are they having and are they getting help?

what about the bio dad that was so vocal throughout this as well? :(

Whiteville's police chief says Alexandria and Kyliah are doing well. Action News 5 learned the girls are being home schooled and they make occasional trips to the Whiteville library.

We are told they are undergoing counseling at the Carl Perkins Center in Jackson and they often spend time with extended family.

"They're gonna have to have a lot of help through it, for the next 20 to 30 years. Counseling and other things like that. They lost their mother and stepsister," said Carter.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/20142183/six-months-later-bain-sisters-reportedly-doing-well

I just got an alert on my phone that Teresa Mayes pleads guilty to aggravated kidnapping (wmctv.com)

Mayes Women Accept Plea Deal
By news admin
Story Created: Aug 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM CDT
Story Updated: Aug 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM CDT
BOLIVAR, Tenn. - Teresa and Mary Mayes reaches a plea agreement in Hardeman County Circuit Court in a kidnapping and murder case.

Teresa Mayes was sentenced to 35 years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and two counts of second degree murder. Mary Mayes was sentenced to 13 and a half years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping.

Teresa is the widow of Adam Mayes and Mary was his mother. Adam Mayes reportedly killed Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne. Authorities said he also kidnapped Kyliyah and Alexandria Bain.

After going on the run with the two girls, Mississippi wildlife officers caught up to them and Adam Mayes reportedly killed himself. The two children with him were uninjured.

WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Reporter Erica Williams was in the courtroom and will have additional details tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back