Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

I keep refreshing, hoping for something positive about Jorden. There’s still a few hours of daylight, I think it’s possible he’s still alive if he found some kind of shelter.

Living in such a wooded area, I wonder if he’s had any outdoor education. Something like Boy Scouts, or camping or walks in the woods with Dad or an older brother. When my boys were his age they loved anything about the woods, figuring out what kind of plants were safe to eat, how to survive if they got lost, tools needed to camp or start a fire, how to avoid wild animals. They learned a lot from their Army dad but also loved reading books about surviving “in the wild”. He taught them how to tell time and direction by the sun, how to stay warm with leaves, stuff I’d never even thought of. So even though he’s only 9, I hope he’s learned something like this that could be helpful to him.

I'm afraid I don't remember her name but there was also an autistic young girl who was found safe after several days....in a swampy terrain. Granted, temperatures were not a danger in that case.
Right, I’m guessing their thoughts are based strictly on temperature.

I would like to see more medical reference on this, not that I doubt it.

Last edited:
With several adoptive and foster children living in the home, DCS should be very familiar with this family: https://files.dcs.tn.gov/policies/chap16/DocumentationoftheFosterFamilyHomeStudy.pdf

Something tells me that before all is said and done, DCS may very well find itself (yet again) under the microscope and/or on the hot seat.

Tennessee's DCS has come under a lot of fire over the past several years:
TN Department of Children's Services investigated 186 child deaths in 2018

I sincerely hope there were no major ball drops here in this case.

JMO.
That second article has a link to the case files. Oh my, there are some awful awful people in this world. I’m so glad my kids have good loving parents. I grimaced while skimming through. Hard to imagine these poor children’s lives.

I keep refreshing, hoping for something positive about Jorden. There’s still a few hours of daylight, I think it’s possible he’s still alive if he found some kind of shelter.

Living in such a wooded area, I wonder if he’s had any outdoor education. Something like Boy Scouts, or camping or walks in the woods with Dad or an older brother. When my boys were his age they loved anything about the woods, figuring out what kind of plants were safe to eat, how to survive if they got lost, tools needed to camp or start a fire, how to avoid wild animals. They learned a lot from their Army dad but also loved reading books about surviving “in the wild”. He taught them how to tell time and direction by the sun, how to stay warm with leaves, stuff I’d never even thought of. So even though he’s only 9, I hope he’s learned something like this that could be helpful to him.

Absolutely, I had mentioned that upstream that this is exactly how one child was found alive, covered in leaves to stay warm. The child was so covered in leaves that that child was barely visible to the searcher. But I think was perhaps the result of a natural tendency/instinct than outdoor education.

Last edited:
I adopted my son from foster care, he is almost 8 1/2 years old. He came to our home at 3 months old, we had a social worker do a monthly visit until his adoption was complete when he was about 18 months old. After the adoption is finalized there is no additional contact from DCS (unless a report is made).

Praying for Jorden and really hoping this is a tragic accident/situation.

With several adoptive and foster children living in the home, DCS should be very familiar with this family: https://files.dcs.tn.gov/policies/chap16/DocumentationoftheFosterFamilyHomeStudy.pdf

Something tells me that before all is said and done, DCS may very well find itself (yet again) under the microscope and/or on the hot seat.

Tennessee's DCS has come under a lot of fire over the past several years:
TN Department of Children's Services investigated 186 child deaths in 2018

I sincerely hope there were no major ball drops here in this case.

JMO.
Thank you for the factual links. Unfortunately the stats in that headline echo across the US in far too many states. It's an epidemic, MOO.

The AJ Freund case is still haunting me. So many opportunities to save his life - he was in the ER being examined by a Dr. FGS and still given back to those monsters :(

Absolutely, I had mentioned that upstream that this is exactly how one child was found alive, covered in leaves to stay warm. The child was so covered in leaves that that child was barely visible to the searcher. But I think was perhaps the result of a natural tendency/instinct than outdoor education.
I worry a lot about the wildlife out here. I know there are coyotes and we believe there was a bobcat in our backyard at one point too. And snakes... there is so much out there for the little one to face :(

Absolutely. There are 5 churches of different denominations within driving distance of me out this way.

yes, I would say that most neighbors attend different churches in fact. There are a multitude of different denominations (Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, etc...) and within those denominations people find a church that aligns with their preferences (music, style and content of preaching, time of service, children’s programs etc...). Hope that makes sense.

Jeez - it's been two days - isn't it a little soon to be calling this a "recovery" - we have cited two cases here on this thread we followed where the children were alive and located after two days - I know it did get chilly but is that enough ?

JMO
Welcome to the locals who have joined his thread.

This article was written based on the 1030 presser and Clarksville Now is known to be clickbait-y in their headlines. IMO

I thought the same thing, and I’m guessing their medical experts have surmised that they don’t think he would have been able to survive the freezing temperatures this long with what he was wearing, having no shoes, etc.

—-

eta: I also noticed there was mention of/reference to the possibility of him being huddled up and fell asleep, which iirc is similar to the other cases re: cold temps I mentioned upstream. This is also the same thing I am guessing to be the case here, as previously mentioned.

I still wonder about the terrain and him being in some kind of crevice or hole. It really must be every bit as challenging, this terrain they have mentioned.

It is, and reminds me as someone else mentioned upthread of Serenity Dennard. Though the weather in her case was much harsher. IMO

EnDCQ6XVcAAcvGp

Is this the home? If so, taking note of the driveway-
Twitter

Wow... they have police crime scene tape around the whole property, do they usually do that for a missing child ... I don’t recall seeing that before... could there be more going on that we don’t yet know...moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back