Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing the 1 child thing means 1 living child....which would be the younger sibling. The older one, based on the wife's FB posts, is not his.

280lb and 5'11'' against little Joe :-(

I believe JD meant every single punch and knew full well what the outcome would be.

I hope the other little boys didn't hear, but how can you do something like that quietly? Ugh :-(

My God how scared the two brothers must have been in the days before the arrest, that the same would happen to them! They probably didn't talk at all about it, but maybe one of them let something slip that made LE suspicious? Or maybe behaved fearful when dad was present and that made LE look more closely? Is LE allowed to take a child aside and question them without parents present? I don't think so, right?

I have no doubts that this man did what he says he did---and beat his 5 yr old to death. He is a violent, short tempered coward.

He is not telling us where the body is because it will reveal how brutal the beating was and he wants to avoid the death penalty.

I am wondering if there may be another arrest at some point too....

I believe he is holding out telling where the body is so he can bargain his life for Joe's body. Sorry .

The TBI has just told me they have no updates at this time on the case of Joe Clyde Daniels.
from Burt Staggs page

I feel like Joe's body might show a history of serious abuse and possibly worse then described that led to his death...that will add more charges right?

It's just terrible we live in a world where automatically in situations like these we suspect the parents.

This!

RIP, sweet boy!

I do not ever say much because you all say it much more eloquently, but again, I must ask why?

Sweet, sweet baby boy.
I will never, NEVER understand what sort of animal can do this to anyone, let alone their own child. One punch, one contact with one's fist is horrifying... but to have the mindset to deliver another... and another... and another... while seeing the look of pain and horror... well, there is a very special place in hell reserved for those people.

If there is any way for little Joe Clyde to know and feel the love that is coming to him from those who never knew him... I pray he is surrounded by it right now.

its unfathomable honestly..I can't understand such a horrible act
RIP Joe..I hope his body is found and put to rest as he should be

Remembering Joe Clyde Daniels: The 5-year-old was a kindergartener at Centennial Elementary in Dickson. Today students honored him by gathering and eating apples -- his favorite fruit.
His father, Joseph Ray Daniels, has been charged with criminal homicide in his death. https://on.nc5.co/2GLzsN6

there is a photo too of the school memorial for Joe on NewsChannel 5 Nashville
Here‘s the FB post link and photo: https://www.facebook.com/newschannel5/posts/10155442006892548
4c5da49c228b82f14a87c97bfef4170d.jpg

Thank you for posting it. How sad that his school seems to have given Joe more love than his own family at home...
So incredibly sad. I hope he is in peace now

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/woman-recalls-when-joe-daniels-escaped-his-home-ran-to-her/1109820860
[h=1]Woman recalls when Joe Daniels escaped his home, ran to her[/h]
F[FONT=&quot]or days, Dotson said she left a blanket and pillow on her front porch just in case Joe Clyde came back. And she wasn't the only one. Other community members also left the items out for him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I'm trying really hard not to focus on the horrible part of it," said Dotson. “I don't say out of disrespect for little Joe or his life, or the family members. I never saw such a beautiful thing as the community coming together to help. It was amazing." [/FONT]

Poor Joe...
"I tried to ask him what he was doing and I realized he couldn't communicate well," said Dotson. "So I said, 'What if we run back home?' and I was trying to think of a way to make it fun and for him to trust me quickly. We jogged across the yard and I got him back home."

Dotson said when she got to Joe Clyde’s home, his family was sitting in the living room.

"One of them told me he must have pushed the chair over and gotten the lock off the door and that's how he had gotten out," she recalled.

According to the link posted upthread from Spellbound Joe's siblings are 8 and 3 and are with relatives. Doesn't say if all three are full or half sibs. No word about mom... yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-charge-homicide-death-5-year-old/496189002/

the best I can tell from posts mom put on dad’s FB:
https://www.facebook.com/wmpjoe

Posted Aug. 2012 ... they are going to try for another baby after she heals from having JoeClyde [he would be 5 now]

Posted Nov.. 2013 .... celebrating Alex’s 4th birthday [he should be 8 now]

Feb. 2014 ... buying baby bed , etc. for new baby Noah coming [he should be 4 now?]

They married 11/9/2011

I feel like Joe's body might show a history of serious abuse and possibly worse then described that led to his death...that will add more charges right?

I don't think it will. All this talk of long term abuse is forgetting a VERY important fact: Joe attended school. If he was being systematically abused he would have physical signs that his teachers surely would have noticed and due to the fact that Joe was a non-verbal, special needs child this would have triggered an immediate investigation if not by DCF but LE. Allegations of physical abuse against special needs children seems to register a stronger response from state agencies then allegations involving a regular child.

I also keep going back to the earlier statement from DCF themselves, they have no records of reports made against the family for the past 3 years. No, I don't believe there was any long-term abuse, I think this was a one-off incident where dad, for whatever reason, lost it and went over the edge.

I've always prayed and hoped when I logged on to not see the red lettered title of this thread stating that an active search was going on because I wanted to see the word "Found" on the thread. Now, the title doesn't have Active Search in the title but has instead, deceased, not found.

Is there anyway we could reinstate the Active Search in red letters? This innocent little boy is still out there, lost and it is very painful to not see the Active Search title. Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror