Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all...just catching up so it this it in a nutshell...

Went to BBR but told couldn't stay, TC mad.
TC moved to Sacramento for federal charges.
JC and family release statement no mention of TC...:)

Did I miss much else? I've read super quickly through the threads and I think thats it:).

Elizabeth is flying home this morning. :)

So the arraignment is now? Are any local stations covering it? (Apologies if this has been asked 100 times!)

It depends on the circumstances. The person is usually first brought to a medical facility to be checked over. If they are stable and not in need of any medical care that would require a medical facility, they are then transported to a private facility. The people who do these things are, unfortunately, well trained in how to deal with these circumstances. They are the most caring and kind people you'll ever meet. It never ceases to amaze me that in the midst of seeing the worst of people, you also see the best of people.

I'm always glad to see these kinds of posts. They restore my faith in human nature when I'm feeling extremely cynical.

.. and with federal court, no cameras/electronics for media. As much as I follow live trials, superseded by protection of live feed for a minor :happydance:

Hi Bently and all! This is off topic, but have you been following any interesting trials lately? I'm a lawyer on sabbatical and want to follow a few interesting ones but not sure where to start on here...Thanks!

Hi Bently and all! This is off topic, but have you been following any interesting trials lately? I'm a lawyer on sabbatical and want to follow a few interesting ones but not sure where to start on here...Thanks!

Court Chatter is a good resource for following trials. They also have many archived ... many to chose from.

I'm originally from the Bay Area and I totally agree that if they were staying there, they'd run through money in a hurry.

I guess I am underestimating the amount of money it takes to eat out and stay in motels.

I agree that much of the money more than likely went for food. It's not cheap eating out three meals a day. I'm sure they got much of their food at drive though's to limit the amount of time going into actual store's/restaurant's.

Has there been much discussion re taking ET name off the title? I'm beginning to see news reports that no longer identify her by name because of the situation.

Clearly her name has been out there for 40 days now but it IS a different situation now sorta.

To no one in particular: can we please stop asking if MCET went along willingly? She is 15. There is no "willingly." I could scroll and roll no longer.

While I agree with you from a legal stance, I think that whether or not ET left willingly is germane to the discussion about her mindset and recovery.

My honest opinion is that over the course of several months, this vulnerable child was being brainwashed and groomed by TC to the point that she fancied herself in love and, as referenced by recent articles, is on a bit of an emotional roller coaster.

I would imagine her healing would take a different path than say, a young girl taken and assaulted by a random unknown perp and then rescued.

Both are horrific, but I can believe the emotional responses would be very different.

Does anyone with a psych background know how victims of this type of brainwashing are generally treated (therapy-wise)? Is it a very long process?

Thanks in advance.

HLN (on TV) has announced that she has arrived. Family having a difficult time trying to meet up with her. Being told to go here, go there, etc.
I have the feeling that this may not be a very happy reunion. Only because her head must be swirling, can you imagine?
It seemed from her SM that she was pretty bamboozled by this man. She very well could be sympathizing with him, mourning, scared, confused. That poor child. I think of myself at 15 and can't imagine how I would have handled any of this.
She may be a bit standoffish with her loved ones.
I wish her peace.

I knew they were young when they married but per article below, the Cummins were married on Jill Cummins's 18th birthday. While this isn't entirely uncommon or necessarily a red flag in itself, knowing who Tad really is puts some major perspective here for me. JC never had the chance to be her own person IMO. She never had a sense of autonomy or to know what independence feels like. Tad came first even before she was legally and emotionally an adult. In fact, I'm starting to think that this unsettling disconnect that we see from Jill isn't just misplaced shock and upset from the trauma of his reprehensible acts as I initially assumed, it's because she truly doesn't know who she is or what she believes in outside of the context of being Tad's wife.

In short, TC literally did not permit JC to live even one day as a legally autonomous entity (i.e. an adult). His narcissism and control issues defined their relationship from the get-go, if you ask me. I hope to God she becomes fully estranged from him going forward but am just not confident that this will be case.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/news/20170417/cummins8217-wife-did-not-believe-kissing-accusation-at-first

FWIW, I think he was also 18. Possibly 19?

Apr 21 2017, 2:10 pm ET

Tennessee Teacher Kidnapping: Tipster Describes Tad Cummins’ Suspicious Behavior

by Kalhan Rosenblatt

Tennessee teacher Tad Cummins said he and his alleged teen kidnapping victim were a couple looking for help after losing everything in a house fire, according to the tipster who alerted authorities.

Griffin Barry, a caretaker for a group of vacation properties in Cecilville, California, said he initially thought Cummins, 50, and 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas were just a down-on-their-luck couple when he met them about a week ago, according to KOBI News.

However, Barry called authorities Wednesday night after realizing Cummins and Thomas were the subjects of a nationwide search. Cummins, a former high school teacher in rural Tennessee, kidnapped Thomas last month and wound up about 2,500 miles from home, authorities said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ribes-tad-cummins-suspicious-behavior-n749281

Burt Scott Staggs
5 mins ·
Thomas Family member confirms to me that Elizabeth Thomas has arrived in Tennessee but as of current they have not been allowed to see her as of 122pm no reason given ..... #TnAmberAlert

HLN (on TV) has announced that she has arrived. Family having a difficult time trying to meet up with her. Being told to go here, go there, etc.
I have the feeling that this may not be a very happy reunion. Only because her head must be swirling, can you imagine?
It seemed from her SM that she was pretty bamboozled by this man. She very well could be sympathizing with him, mourning, scared, confused. That poor child. I think of myself at 15 and can't imagine how I would have handled any of this.
She may be a bit standoffish with her loved ones.
I wish her peace.

I'm starting to think that LE is trying to throw off any media people who might follow the family to a location? IMO

Burt Scott Staggs
31 mins ·
The Thomas family is telling me they are not being "allowed" to see #TnAmberAlert...Elizabeth Thomas

I guess $100 a day makes sense, meals ,gas, lodging......makes me wonder if he knew that his little fantasy could only be lived out for that brief amount of time. What an idiot. Wrecked his own life and so many others over his inability to control or get help for his perversion. I can't imagine BAIL.....he is a sexual offender and a flight risk. He cannot be anywhere NEAR underage females. JMO

Burt Scott Staggs
31 mins ·
The Thomas family is telling me they are not being "allowed" to see #TnAmberAlert...Elizabeth Thomas

Hmmmm Maybe she is just not ready to see them. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member