Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, where did picture of Elizabeth and TC come from? Did a student take it or was this from a security camera. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I believe a student took it

I saw a comment on a news post with someone I can not put the name on her but if needed can message you stated she was mcet sister in-law and her fb says she works at shoneys

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

No. Elizabeth's sister in law is a stay at home mom. Elizabeth only has ONE sister in law and her name is Danielle Thomas.

No worries. It happens sometimes. I'm having a hard time keeping up and didn't realize it was her sister until a bit earlier.

Thanks.

I am so ashamed for the mistep on her sister's post.

When viewing with Tapatalk, you cannot see the name of the original poster. You can only see the name of the person responding to the post.

I had no idea her sister was the original poster until the feedback.

Carry on....

If I were edit/photoshop one of the photos of TC that has been provided by LE and remove the beard or change the color and change the hair, is that allowed to be posted on WS? I know Greater Than mentioned earlier a copyright issue when the photo of Shoney's was posted. Just checking before I post any photos....

Trying so hard to get caught up. Have we established that LE still believes that it was them in Corpus Christi? If so, then they were perhaps (likely?) en route to Panama via the border (didn't he live there at one time?).

It wasn't them.

So, he picked her up at around 8:30 am. It only takes 1hr and 15 minutes to drive from Columbia to Decatur. Do we know when the cell phone pinged in Decatur?

2pm/3pm Monday evening. We have gotten both answers from FBI

but she wasn't officially listed as a missing person (alert to the media) until about 6:00 pm on Tuesday 3/14. The amber alert went out an hour or two later, about 7:45 eastern.

They had over 24 hours before they were reported missing and more than that when the AA was sent.

This is correct! Before she was verified to have been kidnap by TC it had to be handled as a run away case

All above are in response to victim shaming.

I'll walk away and perhaps may be cleaned up? We do victim shaming rumors here?

These were in response to MCET's sister stating that there were people in their community blaming ET. WS members were not victim shaming.

As I've said, I'm really concerned for her safety. It appears the relationship started to take it's turn for the worst only recently, most likely around Christmas, because before that another boy had listed her as his gf and there were some mentions of a break up on her IG. It's apparent TC planned to leave, but the thing is ET is fairly recent which leads me to believe he was planning something with her much longer than she realized. He was planning to take her for some time and worked at gaining her trust and "feeling her out" to see if she would be malleable. That would mean they could literally be very close by and the Decatur ping was merely to throw off the scent. And as manipulative and charming as he is obviously is, he could even have someone helping them. That's why I asked about the Interfaith thing. Some protestant churches and non-denominational churches offer temporary housing for people in dire situations, kind of like a sanctuary type of thing. No questions asked, no ID required, all you need is the head of a church in the network to vouch for you. I worry he planned this for some time and may have taken her to church with him to prepare this.

I've been trying to follow these threads but find it difficult to read fast enough to ever fully get caught up so forgive me if any of this is repeat but I've had some extremely disturbing thoughts about this situation, just coming from being a twenty-something woman slowly realizing the prevalence of domestic and sexual abuse in our society --

1) I've had friends, acquaintances, coworkers, all much older than 15 fall victim to charming men. Essentially to be given attention was enough for them to make rash commitment decisions (which eventually led to abuse). These weren't first instances for these men, TC is no different. He knew which kind of girl was impressionable and preyed on someone vulnerable. I cannot begin to imagine a 15 year old even being capable of noticing red flags and much less going to someone about anything inappropriate.

2) Am I the only one who, in hindsight, realizes just how many men said/did very creepy things to them when they were younger? As a teenager, I didn't think twice about it, I was probably flattered, but in hindsight I can truly see how disturbing those instances were. I just bring that up to highlight why some girls will possibly now come forward with strange instances with him, they probably didn't think twice about them until this happened.

3) If it's true that he had $4,500 to work with, does anyone think he could have someone helping him? Any thoughts on this? The cult theory really interested me but I would think that would've taken some research on his part and would be found somewhere on his computer history...

4) Does anyone know if Elizabeth was religious at all? I believe I read an article stating she went to the same church as TC (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm just thinking spirituality could add another level of manipulation.

5) Has anyone discussed whether or not TC knows any other languages?

Again, forgive me if there's repeat commentary in this post.

I hear ya. I doubt she's complicit in the crime. But I bet you dollars to donuts that she is blaming ET and not TC. Like her sister said, there are people in the town calling her a harlot and wife stealer. The wife probably thinks the girl seduced him and led him into sin. Also, they had a shared Facebook account which tells me she didn't trust her husband on Facebook.

Apologies if this has been posted. Please don't make assumptions about what the wife may or may not be thinking. I work in a law office where one attorney practices family law and it's been very eye opening what seemingly normal people can hide.

Maybe she has buried her head in the sand and sees her husband as an innocent victim of a seductress (15, really?!). However, I don't think one gets to their early 50's without at least some clue of how twisted people - even those we think we know well - can be.

Imho she is reaching out to him via media not because she believes he's innocent, not because she wants him back, but because turning himself in in best for him, best for Elizabeth, and perhaps best for her children and grandchildren. Better they know him in prison (where he belongs) than visiting a grave if he feels there's no other recourse.

So...from 8:30 am until the cell phone pinged at approx. 3pm in Decatur, AL, where the hell were they? If I had to guess, I'd be looking at outdoor sporting goods stores. There are several that would fit the bill in Decatur. Hopefully, LE thought to check those surv. cams.

We're suppose to link all photographs. Unfortunately, if the OP doesn't link it or claim it as their own, it will probably be removed. JMHO

I've been trying to follow these threads but find it difficult to read fast enough to ever fully get caught up so forgive me if any of this is repeat but I've had some extremely disturbing thoughts about this situation, just coming from being a twenty-something woman slowly realizing the prevalence of domestic and sexual abuse in our society --

1) I've had friends, acquaintances, coworkers, all much older than 15 fall victim to charming men. Essentially to be given attention was enough for them to make rash commitment decisions (which eventually led to abuse). These weren't first instances for these men, TC is no different. He knew which kind of girl was impressionable and preyed on someone vulnerable. I cannot begin to imagine a 15 year old even being capable of noticing red flags and much less going to someone about anything inappropriate.

2) Am I the only one who, in hindsight, realizes just how many men said/did very creepy things to them when they were younger? As a teenager, I didn't think twice about it, I was probably flattered, but in hindsight I can truly see how disturbing those instances were. I just bring that up to highlight why some girls will possibly now come forward with strange instances with him, they probably didn't think twice about them until this happened.

3) If it's true that he had $4,500 to work with, does anyone think he could have someone helping him? Any thoughts on this? The cult theory really interested me but I would think that would've taken some research on his part and would be found somewhere on his computer history...

4) Does anyone know if Elizabeth was religious at all? I believe I read an article stating she went to the same church as TC (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm just thinking spirituality could add another level of manipulation.

5) Has anyone discussed whether or not TC knows any other languages?

Again, forgive me if there's repeat commentary in this post.

3) yes he had a title loan pulled out

4) yes she went to a catholic with her family and on denominational that TC also went to.

5) ET took one semester of Spanish and got an 98. Only his family would be aware of any extra languages.

Decatur, AL is about one hour down 65 South, from Columbia, TN. The reason the Amber Alert was issued here in AL was because their phones pinged in Decatur.

I haven't seen Decatur, TN mentioned.

Oh thank you so much, I didn't realize how close (short of time/distance) it is between points in TN and AL. Alabama seems so far away, and a long drive, from my current location but it's only an eight hour drive to Nashville.

So...from 8:30 am until the cell phone pinged at approx. 3pm in Decatur, AL, where the hell were they? If I had to guess, I'd be looking at outdoor sporting goods stores. There are several that would fit the bill in Decatur. Hopefully, LE thought to check those surv. cams.

Yes, this! This is what I was trying to understand!
I had no idea it was such a short drive to Alabama though.

It looks as if it is kind of nice there; ditch the phones and look around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose