TN TN - Nashville, Harpeth River, "Sherry", NativeFem 14-17, UP8494, Mar'76

Are there any official rule-outs for this Jane Doe?

Is it possible that the picture of the blonde child that was found in her possession may have been related to the female companion she was seen travelling with?

Also why would this blonde woman be treated for being suicidal in an institution in Minnesota while her husband is living across the country in Florida? At the very least this means she must have some ties in Minnesota like family. Same goes for our Jane Doe. That is if this story is true because it all seems a bit fishy to me.

Btw at what age can one legally marry in Florida?

I do strongly believe our UID female companion is Sherry Roach missing from a "halfway house" which can be described as an institution. It's also too coincidental she goes by the name "Sherry" the name our Jane Doe referred to herself as.

It’s also possible this guy didn’t correctly remember which one of the two referred to themselves as Sherry. Did he ever say what name the blonde woman went by?

AGE OF CONSENT INFO

On Friday, state lawmakers passed a bill, 109-1, to set the minimum marriage age at 17. Under current law, minors typically need to be at least 16 years old to marry. Those who are pregnant, however, may marry at any age if they have parental permission and a judge’s approval.

Florida Moves to Ban Marriage Before the Age of 17

The same in 1976??

I think one or both of the women had a connection to MN...Whether it's a family connection or they were possibly arrested and ordered to the instution....There's a possibility the other female never made it back to FL...

I think the local media in Haines City, FL and MPLS/St. Paul should run the picture of the young boy....His family should recognize him...

It is also possible the girls embellished a bit. Definitely can sound a bit more mature if you are in treatment for alcoholism. Teens like to seem edgy. Older If you are married and going home to Florida.

I agree...I wouldn't expect them to tell a perfect stranger their whole life story but who knows...

Something else I noticed...The location map on NAMUS seems incorrect... That location is a small park where the homeless congregate in front of the huge library downtown Nashville... Based on what I read she was in the Harpeth River... I think her body would have been just outside of Nashville to the west...This area is secluded....I wonder if LE searched the location for her friend...

I agree...I wouldn't expect them to tell a perfect stranger their whole life story but who knows...

Something else I noticed...The location map on NAMUS seems incorrect... That location is a small park where the homeless congregate in front of the huge library downtown Nashville... Based on what I read she was in the Harpeth River... I think her body would have been just outside of Nashville to the west...This area is secluded....I wonder if LE searched the location for her friend...

I've noticed a lot of the NamUs map links do that. I think if there are no specific coordinates entered in the database, the link just points to the center of the city listed in the database. And sometimes it seems to link to the location of the Police department or ME's office.

Was anyone ever interviewed near the facility they mentioned? I don't want to seem insensitive but some homeless people are dangerous due to drugs or mental illness, someone could have murdered this girl and possibly the other.

ABillig.jpg
ABillig1.jpg
ABillig2.jpg
ABillig4.jpg

Amy Billig
Missing since: March 5, 1974
Missing from: Coconut Grove, FL
Classification: Non-Family Abductiom
Date Of Birth: January 9, 1957
Height and Weight: 5'5, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Two inch scar from appendix operation on abdomen.
Clothing: A short blue denim skirt and cork platform sandals
Circumstances of Disappearance
Billig was last seen hitchhiking along Main Highway in Coconut Grove, FL on March 5, 1974. She was headed to her father's office. Billig never arrived; she has not been seen since.
Law enforcement agencies have never closed Billig's case.
She often hitchhiked in her neighborhood. She was known as a flower child, and a very spiritual, very social, well adjusted teenager.

(CHARLEY PROJECT)
..."She may have used the aliases "Mute," "Sunshine," "Little Bits," and/or "Mellow Cheryl" while with the bikers."

NAMUS
MIAMI HERALD ARTICLE
WEBSLEUTHS

Amy Billig similarities to the Jane Doe:

~ Both have a scar on their abdomen
~ Jane Doe's name was given as Sherry and Amy's nickname was "Mello Cheryl"
~ Both have a FL connection...Jane Doe's supposed companion was headed to Haines City, FL...Amy is from Coconut Grove, FL and her hairbrush was found in Kissimmee...A biker also
claimed he bought Amy in Orlando and her camera was found along a FL highway...
~ Jane Doe was supposedly hitchhiking and Amy was known to hitchhike...
~ Jane's necklace/chocker in her composite sketch looks similar to a necklace Amy wore in a picture on her Doenetwork profile (3rd picture, without a dove)
~ Jane Doe was found in 1976 and Amy went missing in 1973...
~ Both may have Native American ancestry and wore Native American jewelry..

All of this could be a coincidence...The biker narrative and the customs agent scenario could indicate Amy never left FL...There was no mention that Amy had the mole on the side of her face...I also wonder what effects water had on Jane Doe's face...

I reached out to the Colibri Center to see if they know of any missing persons that match this UID...In case the UID is Hispanic and possibly from Mexico...

I also reached out to a Native American organization to see if they can check a Native American database...

First case I ever followed "Andrea Jane Doe '90 " left unidentified for 27 years because her parents did not submit her as a missing person. Starting to think this is the case with "Sherry".

I never received a response from the Coliberi Center or the Native American organization...

Wonder if the men questioned were involved in sex trafficking, perhaps the story is just a cover-up...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back