TN TN - Nashville, WhtFem 30’s UP10155, Leo pendant, poss from Chilton Co, AL, Mar'98

I was convinced of Cary Sue Huie as well.
Time, description, & especially pic seemed spot on. The astrology necklace could have been of a loved one. Im 60 & wear some of my daughters old tweety sweatshirts. I also wondered how she was ruled out.

I know she’s a rule out, however Cary Sue Huie May have been in the company of a black male and also she was originally from Alabama. The height and weight matched. I wonder what they excluded her based on. Cary Sue’s daughter provided DNA to use as a match.

This sounds like she probably was dating the guy who killed her and something went wrong. If she can be identified- and I'm sure she will be eventually given the DNA info they have- then he could possibly identified too. He may or may not be living of course.

The Fall Line Podcast just released an in depth episode about Leo Jane Doe. It is truly worth a listen.
In March of 1998, a homicide victim was recovered from Nashville’s Cumberland River, with nothing to indicate who she might be, and the best clue to her identity a “Leo” astrological charm; now, investigative genetic genealogy is the best path toward her name, but the trail has stopped short in an Alabama county, and investigators are seeking your help. The Fall Line is releasing new information in “Leo” Jane Doe’s case; you can view the images we mention on our social media accounts. To submit information or contact MNPD about uploading your DNA, please contact Detective Filter at Metro Nashville Police at 615-862-7803.

The DNA Project has done genetic testing - the 3 last names they are coming up from the genetic genealogy are:
Mims, Easterling and Minor (not sure of spelling since I was listening to the podcast)

Official DDP page for Leo Jane Doe

Forwarded info lots of Minors/eastling/mims in one family and from correct area.
I was actually surprised how many were in a family I saw on an obituary in the area, right around the age range of our doe, I wonder if they are missing a family member? Or lost contact with one? Good work! I hope your leads help!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennjon
Back