TN - Pamela Turner for student sex abuse, McMinnville, 2005

What is going on in America? Why are there so many adult women, many of them teachers, having sex with underage boys?

Can anyone tell us what sentences , if any, these predators received?

2/27/06 MCMINNVILLE, Tenn. -- A former teacher who pleaded no-contest in August to having sex with a 13-year-old student was released from jail Sunday after serving more than six months of a nine-month sentence.

Pamela Rogers Turner, 28, was able to earn an early release through good behavior, but must still serve seven years of probation, register as a sex offender and perform 90 hours of community service work.

She was charged a year ago after Warren County authorities discovered a three-month sexual relationship with the 13-year-old boy.

An indictment charged her with 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape.

Before resigning, Turner taught physical education and coached girls basketball two years at Centertown Elementary, a school for grades kindergarten through eight about 65 miles southeast of Nashville. She was a former college homecoming queen and basketball player who once appeared as a bikini-clad promoter for a professional wrestling match. The sheriff once described her as "absolutely gorgeous."

Okay, she served 6 months and learned.......what??? :behindbar I can't believe they've let her out this soon. This is the problem with our society. They care more about the criminal than they do the victims. She should be sent to a psych hospital! The Sex-Offender Registry is a joke. Authorities are so short-handed and underpaid that they aren't able to stay on top of it. What a crying shame.

anneoakley63 said:
2/27/06 MCMINNVILLE, Tenn. -- A former teacher who pleaded no-contest in August to having sex with a 13-year-old student was released from jail Sunday after serving more than six months of a nine-month sentence.

Pamela Rogers Turner, 28, was able to earn an early release through good behavior, but must still serve seven years of probation, register as a sex offender and perform 90 hours of community service work.

She was charged a year ago after Warren County authorities discovered a three-month sexual relationship with the 13-year-old boy.

An indictment charged her with 15 counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and 13 counts of statutory rape.

Before resigning, Turner taught physical education and coached girls basketball two years at Centertown Elementary, a school for grades kindergarten through eight about 65 miles southeast of Nashville. She was a former college homecoming queen and basketball player who once appeared as a bikini-clad promoter for a professional wrestling match. The sheriff once described her as "absolutely gorgeous."

Okay, she served 6 months and learned.......what??? :behindbar I can't believe they've let her out this soon. This is the problem with our society. They care more about the criminal than they do the victims. She should be sent to a psych hospital! The Sex-Offender Registry is a joke. Authorities are so short-handed and underpaid that they aren't able to stay on top of it. What a crying shame.
Annie, I posted this this morning, too - guess if you're female and pretty it's no big deal, and little boys don't suffer from sexual abuse. He's a 13 year old kid. If this had been a male teacher, he'd be under the jail.

They made a big deal on Ch 4 of saying she'd had no TV privileges - boo hoo. And someone sent roses to the jail for her. Sick. Sick. Sick.:razz:

emotbanghead.gif
emotbanghead.gif
emotbanghead.gif
so frustrating!!

Pamela Rogers has some serious problems!! I think they need to keep her locked up, the young boy is not safe with her around.

Ex-Teacher Arrested for Second Time in Two Weeks

McMINNVILLE, Tenn. (April 27) - A former teacher who served time in jail after being accused of having sex with a 13-year-old boy was arrested for the second time in two weeks, with prosecutors saying she contacted the victim again and sent him sexually explicit videos of herself.

The latest charges contend that Rogers, who was arrested Monday, reached the now-14-year-old student by cell phone just hours after her April 12 court appearance. Authorities said she previously contacted with the boy and his teenage sister by text messages and via the Internet. (More at link + picture)

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060412232109990001&ncid=NWS00010000000001

The article also says that it's possible that she was set up and that it may not have been her. If it was her though, I don't think she needs more jail time, she needs psychiatric help.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I can't believe the parents of the boy and his sister didn't have their cell numbers changed. :doh: :doh: :doh: As a parent, wouldn't you want to stop any form of communication? Obviously the kid has had the same number all this time. I would have had it changed immediately after the first offense.

Jules said:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I can't believe the parents of the boy and his sister didn't have their cell numbers changed. :doh: :doh: :doh: As a parent, wouldn't you want to stop any form of communication? Obviously the kid has had the same number all this time. I would have had it changed immediately after the first offense.

Jules, I would have had the numbers changed too, and I am not sure that they didn't after reading at the Smoking Gun.

The Smoking Gun has posted the Amendment to the Warrant relating to this case (interesting reading!). There was communication going on between Pamela Rogers and the young male victim that I wasn't aware of from just reading the news article a few days ago. If Pam is by some chance released again (which I hope doesn't happen), then the victim's parents, in my opinion, need to keep a close eye on what he does on the computer, and take steps to make sure he doesn't have a cell phone. What a mess.

NOTE--Ammendment to the Warrant is 3 pages long.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0426062teacher1.html

Yea!!!!!
Headlines such as this Gorgeous Pamela Rogers Goes before Judge get me to wondering....How will those good looks hold up in prison? I hope she can get help for her addiction...;)

cathieq said:
Yea!!!!!
Headlines such as this Gorgeous Pamela Rogers Goes before Judge get me to wondering....How will those good looks hold up in prison? I hope she can get help for her addiction...;)

well I can tell you that they're gonna take a hit. They do have cosmetics and hairdressers in there, but they're a bit . . . well how should I put this???? She's going to look like a $2 ho. ;)

In cases where it was an adult male and a young girl no one has sympathy nor thinks the scum needs help.. Its fairly universal in belief that they just need to be locked away to protect more victims.

Just because she looks like Barbie does not mitigate what she did. I feel that any 28 YO man who would MOLEST a 13 YO should be in jail for the rest of their lives and I feel no different about this *advertiser censored*.

You mean that she isn't to beautiful to go to prison :furious: For the life of me I will never understand why a grown woman would want to have sex of any kind with a 13 yr old kid. It would be like having son with your son and I can't even begin to imagine that...don't want to either cause I have a son.

I agree that the sentencing should be no different for a man or a woman who has sex with a child. These women are getting away with it left and right. Maybe the courts are beginning to understand that the women are no different then the men. The can't be cured. They have no impulse control.

I wonder how Debra Lafave is doing with her ankle monitor and not being around any young people? I hope she screws up so she can be sent to prison too.

I really do feel sorry for Rogers' parents. But rather than blaming someone else, it's time they realized that their daughter is an adult and must suffer "adult" punishments for her actions.

Earlier in the week, the judge received letters of support for Rogers from her parents, an aunt and others. In their correspondence, the woman's parents blamed Rogers' ex-husband, Chris Turner, a former Warren County High School basketball coach, for their daughter's downward spiral. The pair accused Turner of emotional and psychological abuse.

http://tinyurl.com/pmquu

Jeana (DP) said:
well I can tell you that they're gonna take a hit. They do have cosmetics and hairdressers in there, but they're a bit . . . well how should I put this???? She's going to look like a $2 ho. ;)
Woo Hoo; she's going to look like herself!!

there was a picture of Pamela Rogers on the front page of The Tennessean the other day...she was crying in the picture....i feel not one ounce of sympathy for her.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back