GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

Necroposting! But I just saw the Dateline episode of this and OMG I can't believe that people let her get away with this.

It's funny I totally interpreted the scenario and see that Eyes for Lies picked up a lot of the same things.

When I saw her on the stand trying to hold back the smile, I could tell she deliberately shot the guy in the back.

I think she wanted to talk to him and he ignored her, walked out of the room and got back in bed and she got the gun and shot him.

Why? Well because of "Why" she says he asked her why. If he was this abusive jerk that beat her and degraded her all the time he would be shocked that she finally stood up to him but he wouldn't ask why.

Also her details change all over the place.

I do think she felt bullied by him but not because he abused her into the ground but because she didn't have the guts to stand up to him so she resented him.

I also think the Nigerian scam may have been her attempt at trying to escape from him and once that gig was up she felt like she had no choice.

I just found it interesting how many people believed her.

If you watch the Dateline interview with her you can see that every time she's talking about the abuse and past and dealing with him (I do think he raped her but I think she allowed him to not realizing she could say no) she looks to the right. She's remembering.

Everything about the murder she looks to the left, she's remembering fiction or story.

Also one more think I've noticed about fake crying.

When most people cry, if they are trying to talk through it, you'll see their chin quiver and bunch up and their eyes will stay wide open. They are trying to keep their eyes open to not cry. They usually will look up and around trying to not cry and you can tell they have a "frog in the throat" type sensation and their chin quivers.

The other way that people cry is just eyes wide open with tears streaming down their face. Tears rolling down their face.

So when I see someone with red eyes who keeps rubbing their shiny eyes I can tell they are trying to make themselves cry. Not trying to not cry.

Hope that makes sense.

Necroposting! But I just saw the Dateline episode of this and OMG I can't believe that people let her get away with this.

It's funny I totally interpreted the scenario and see that Eyes for Lies picked up a lot of the same things.

When I saw her on the stand trying to hold back the smile, I could tell she deliberately shot the guy in the back.

I think she wanted to talk to him and he ignored her, walked out of the room and got back in bed and she got the gun and shot him.

Why? Well because of "Why" she says he asked her why. If he was this abusive jerk that beat her and degraded her all the time he would be shocked that she finally stood up to him but he wouldn't ask why.

Also her details change all over the place.

I do think she felt bullied by him but not because he abused her into the ground but because she didn't have the guts to stand up to him so she resented him.

I also think the Nigerian scam may have been her attempt at trying to escape from him and once that gig was up she felt like she had no choice.

I just found it interesting how many people believed her.

If you watch the Dateline interview with her you can see that every time she's talking about the abuse and past and dealing with him (I do think he raped her but I think she allowed him to not realizing she could say no) she looks to the right. She's remembering.

Everything about the murder she looks to the left, she's remembering fiction or story.

Also one more think I've noticed about fake crying.

When most people cry, if they are trying to talk through it, you'll see their chin quiver and bunch up and their eyes will stay wide open. They are trying to keep their eyes open to not cry. They usually will look up and around trying to not cry and you can tell they have a "frog in the throat" type sensation and their chin quivers.

The other way that people cry is just eyes wide open with tears streaming down their face. Tears rolling down their face.

So when I see someone with red eyes who keeps rubbing their shiny eyes I can tell they are trying to make themselves cry. Not trying to not cry.

Hope that makes sense.

BBM

I saw the Dateline you're talking about, too, and I totally agree.

Regarding the crying, I had some terrible news to tell my husband the other day, and, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get past the first word because of the "frog in the throat" and the crying.

You just can't fake crying....it's so noticeable if you do.

I believed he was abusive because of threatening an elderly neighbor with killing her little dog and threatening the neighbor child with killing his dog. The fact that he treated an elderly woman and a child like that. I didn't necessarily believe the rape or physical abuse though.

Well those jurors were as dumb as the jurors in the Casey Anthony case.....If the only thing she could get to prove abuse was a wig and high heel shoes,not buying it....She shot him in the back,he was no threat to her at the time...And I remember the picture of her when the verdict was read,smiling like a cheshire cat,she knew she had fooled everyone......She is and was in my book guilty as heck and I don't buy the abuse excuse,its become the new reason to legally commit murder....

I will never forget this case or the farce that the DT pulled on this jury who were as dumb as the infamous Pinellas 12.

It sickens me every time I think of this case and how this horrid cold fakey woman got away with murdering her husband in cold blood. Killing him two hours before she had to bring him to the bank where she would be exposed for running her check kiting scam.:furious:

Imo, this case left one of the blackest marks on the criminal justice system in TNs history. The jury was so dumb but at least they did try to tell the Judge they didn't understand the jury instruction but of course he keeps them clueless and sends them back as uneducated as they were when they ask him to help them understand. Foreman Berry thought they had to come to a decision that day and didn't even know that each juror was entitled to hang if they believed the case proved a different degree.:banghead:

Not one thing this defendant said was backed up by any supporting evidence. Believing Winkler would be like believing Jodi Arias.:rolleyes: One shoe that came out of no where from the defense right before trial and a wig (both that looked like they had never been worn) does not show this was involuntary manslaughter. But a 1000 ml of urine in his bladder does prove he was asleep when shot and Winkler had to pump the shotgun in order for it to fire. She even stepped on pillows because she was short so she could get a better aim at his back.:furious:

This just shows how unequal the justice system can be when the defendant fakes being a downtrodden meek female. If this had been a man who murdered his wife in her sleep he would be doing LWOP or on death row now.

One thing I take comfort in though is Oprah didn't believe her for a nano-second. Her looks at Winkler and the way Oprah kept pressing herself back in her chair showed she found this murderess incredible and she was trying to distance herself from her so she wouldn't have to breathe the same air as this murderer.

Oh and I don't believe the dog story either. If that had really happened the person would have testified and they didn't. We only heard them run their mouth in the media wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

IMO

IMO I always felt Mary got away with murder. Now I pretty sure she did. JMO

This woman has got be the most manipulated ever. She never look the reporter in the eyes more than a couple seconds. JMO

I will not never forget the picture after she was found not guilty.

When I find that picture I will post it. It was evil!

Matthew Winkler was revictimized in death just like the DT has done to Travis Alexander.

DTs love that the victim is dead, voiceless, and cant defend themselves.

IMO

So very easy for her to claim abuse. He is dead and can not defend himself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back