Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know from other cases about what information you can get remotely from an Apple Watch?
If his Apple watch had the health features, eg. heart rate, respiratory rate, blood oxygen etc. Time of death...no heartbeat? Not sure. Also if the watch's battery is depleted, I imagine it wouldn't show anything?
Remotely, I have no idea. Can the info be accessed through the Cloud?

eta. # of steps, rate and distance. In Karen Read's case, the steps recorded on O'Keefe's phone are inconsistent with Read having hit and killed him while backing up. But in that case they had his phone (or watch)

Last edited:
I agree, it never made sense to me that they “weren’t allowed to leave.” However, I still didn’t completely blame the friends because I understand how it is to be young and intoxicated and not necessarily wanting your own night to end because your friend got too drunk.

As someone upthread said, youth provides you with a sense of invincibility and most of the time a drunk person can find their way home from a bar with no issues, usually with some funny tales to tell the next day. The friends probably assumed he would be fine to walk the few blocks and Riley himself may have even said to the friend “I’ll be fine, go back inside and I’ll see everyone back at the hotel.”

So, so sad that wasn’t the case here. :( I’m sure his friends are beating themselves up now and rethinking everything, but I’m glad they were proactive once they realized something was wrong.

I really would like to see the security footage from inside the bar…was he already stumbling and visibly intoxicated? Was he speaking coherently? I truly do wonder about a head injury that may have occurred when he fell because that looked like a hard hit.

Sorry for the wall of text, just getting out my thoughts. These types of stories are so sad to me because I feel like it could be any number of us, or our friends, or our kids/grandkids. I’m praying for Riley and his friends and family and that they’ll have answers soon.

MOO.

@laurenbarnastv

Luke Bryan's bar served Riley Strain one alcoholic drink and two waters, according to its owners.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bartenders served Riley Strain one alcoholic drink and two waters at the bar, according to an Instagram post shared jointly by Luke’s 32 Bridge and Luke Bryan one week after Strain went missing on a Mizzou Delta Chi fraternity trip.

More at link...

Updated: Mar 15, 2024 / 03:07 PM CDT

@laurenbarnastv

Luke Bryan’s bar breaks its silence on Instagram after coming under fire following Riley Strain’s disappearance. The bar says Riley was served one alcoholic drink and two waters. The post also claims one of Riley’s friends went downstairs with Riley but did not exit the bar.

1710533986167.png
4:07 PM · Mar 15, 2024

@laurenbarnastv

Luke Bryan's bar served Riley Strain one alcoholic drink and two waters, according to its owners.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bartenders served Riley Strain one alcoholic drink and two waters at the bar, according to an Instagram post shared jointly by Luke’s 32 Bridge and Luke Bryan one week after Strain went missing on a Mizzou Delta Chi fraternity trip.

More at link...

Updated: Mar 15, 2024 / 03:07 PM CDT
Riley could've personally bought just one drink, but his friends could've bought other drinks for him.

There are a ton of bars around there. They could have gone other places before or been drinking all day elsewhere.
Yeah absolutely. Riley could've also felt obligated to buy a drink at this bar, fearing the staff might question him as to why he wasn't buying anything. I know I've felt that pressure too in the past.

Luke Bryan had already shared a short statement on Strain’s disappearance earlier this week, calling it “scary” and writing on Instagram that he’s “praying for [Strain’s] safe return.”

Strain family friend Chris Dingman is also hopeful the TABC’s involvement will increase the amount of resources available to search for Riley.

“Authorities are now doing an investigation into the bar,” said Dingman. “What that means to me is all alcohol, beer, liquor, and wine is all federally regulated. So when they got brought into this, that now means we will have even more resources than we currently have with Metropolitan Police.”

Riley could've personally bought just one drink, but his friends could've bought other drinks for him.
Correct. However, still curious, and video footage possibly will reveal if he was drugged. Hope they're collecting video from other bars he visited that night. moo

There are a ton of bars around there. They could have gone other places before or been drinking all day elsewhere.
They did go bar hopping. In fact Riley either texted or face timed his mom (can't remember which), with pictures I believe, of various bars and said he was having a good time. His mom I don't think sensed any issues, but was happy he was having a good time.

I think they were "barred from leaving" until they paid their bill
This sounds like the friend in question decided on his own not to leave. I’ve never known a bar like this to force people to pay their tab before leaving. They’ll typically just close out the tab themselves, and you’ll have to pick up your card the next day.

Besides that, the level of concern couldn’t have been very high, as he wasn’t even discovered to be missing until many hours later, if I’m not mistaken.

Correct. However, still curious, and video footage possibly will reveal if he was drugged. Hope they're collecting video from other bars he visited that night. moo
I think he was already drunk, had that final alcoholic drink, and then switched to water in an effort to sober up.

I can’t imagine a guy with his friends getting roofied, and alcohol alone explains everything.

And, all of a sudden we're told the Frat Boys found Riley's hotel room key. Just how does that fit in with his last known location?

From the beginning, I thought someone watched Riley being tossed out of the bar and into the street. They followed him so the situ could be taken advantage of. Surely, surveillance shows this happening because Riley walked in the opposite direction from their hotel. Was he mugged and the mugger found, then used his hotel key to enter their room but nothing of value was in there?

I'm still miffed that he was on the streets alone in a drunken state. How sad for his mother who spoke to this young man daily.
Agree. I also read when he was kicked out of the bar, he was standing near the outside door and the bouncer made him leave! WTF? You know the guy is inebriated and you do nothing to help him?? Sad.

I think he was already drunk, had that final alcoholic drink, and then switched to water in an effort to sober up.

I can’t imagine a guy with his friends getting roofied, and alcohol alone explains everything.
Not to mention, that one drink could have been a Long Island Ice Tea.
IMO, if a drink was a simple vodka/soda they’d specify the drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDBirch