TN TN - Zaylee Fryar, 4 mos, Millersville, 1 May 2011 - Mother deceased

Amber Alert Issued For 4-Month-Old After Mother Found Dead
Posted: May 10, 2011 4:47 PM EDT
Updated: May 10, 2011 7:07 PM EDT

- Police said there was no trauma to her body that suggested the cause of death, which remains undetermined. Police have also not determined whether Shauna died before entering the water. An autopsy is underway.

Metro police have been checking the area around the Cumberland River for Zaylee, though they said there is no evidence at this point that she is in the water.

"If we get more information then we may put boats in, but right now its just aerial and if it gets down to the point where we need to use divers we will," said Metro Police Lt. Steven Lewis.

- Fryar's husband, who is not Zaylee's father, told Millersville Police that he left their apartment around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 1, to go to the store. When he returned, his wife and Zaylee were gone, although her vehicle, cell phone, wallet and the child's diaper bag were still at the residence. He told police it wasn't unusual for her to be gone for days on end.

Detectives have confirmed that Fryar and the child were fine on Saturday, April 30, when they visited a relative in Pegram.

- Police said Fryar has a history of drug addiction, and that she may have been trying to obtain illegal drugs at around the time she was last seen.

In all, police said Fryar had seven children, including Zaylee, ranging in age from four months to 12-years who live with other relatives.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...ssued-for-4-month-old-after-mother-found-dead

Is it possible she could have traded or sold Zaylee for drugs? I'm sorry, I don't want to speak ill of the deceased, but I'm looking for any scenario in which Zaylee might still be alive. As horrible a thought as it is that she might have been sold. This is all so sad.

Is it possible she could have traded or sold Zaylee for drugs? I'm sorry, I don't want to speak ill of the deceased, but I'm looking for any scenario in which Zaylee might still be alive. As horrible a thought as it is that she might have been sold. This is all so sad.

I'd say it is at least possible...and then maybe the person did want to pay and pushed her into the river? Kind of a stretch, but possible. Why would be she be out with the newborn anyway?

I think it's possible.

Another version could be drug deal gone bad, then perp takes baby to sell.

So, the whole story is based on her husband right?

T.O.D. may tell a different story.

Fryar's husband, who is not Zaylee's father, told Millersville Police that he left their apartment around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 1, to go to the store. When he returned, his wife and Zaylee were gone, although her vehicle, cell phone, wallet and the child's diaper bag were still at the residence. He told police it wasn't unusual for her to be gone for days on end.

Detectives have confirmed that Fryar and the child were fine on Saturday, April 30, when they visited a relative in Pegram.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...ssued-for-4-month-old-after-mother-found-dead

Amber Alert Issued For 4-Month-Old After Mother Found Dead
Posted: May 10, 2011 4:47 PM EDT
Updated: May 10, 2011 11:30 PM EDT

Millersville police have questioned Fryar's husband, Michael Fryar. He told NewsChannel 5 on Tuesday evening that he wants everyone to know that he was not involved in their disappearance.

"My son would never hurt anyone like that, and especially, they were friends," said Michael's father, Cliff.

Fryar, who is not Zaylee's father, told Millersville Police that he left their apartment around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 1, to go to the store. When he returned, his wife and Zaylee were gone, although her vehicle, cell phone, wallet and the child's diaper bag were still at the residence.

Michael Fryar and his family believe that's further proof someone took them against their will.

"We're still just in shock, but we trust God will keep the baby safe and bring her back," Cliff Fryar added.

Cliff Fryar also said that Michael and Fryar separated years ago, but remained close friends who could always count on each other.

"You know, Mike wanted to help her out and give her a place to stay because she was more or less homeless," Cliff said.

On April 29, they moved into this Millersville mobile home park along with Zaylee. Neighbors remember when they arrived.

"They just moved in, they sat on their porch, walked their baby around, that's about it. They didn't really talk to nobody," said neighbor Rachel Dixon.

"She was love with life and in love with that baby. I mean that was her life that baby," Cliff added.

Amber Alert issued for infant after mother's body found
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 4:49pm

Millersville Police Chief Ronnie Williams called the situation “very dire” and said the main goal of the investigation now is to find the infant before unraveling how the mother and child disappeared.

Once the TBI on Tuesday identified the body as Shauna Fryar’s, a Metro police helicopter began flying over the Cumberland River and it surrounding area looking for Zaylee Fryar, although there is no indication the child was in the water.

Investigators said they found the mother’s cell phone, purse and car as well as the baby’s diaper bag at their home on C Smith Road in Sumner County.

Zaylee Fryar’s biological father was incarcerated in a Robertson County Jail at the time of the disappearance and is not a suspect.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/amber-alert-issued-infant-after-mothers-body-found

Millersville police said the baby's biological father isn't a suspect because he was in the Robertson County Jail when the two went missing, and he's still there.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27829716/detail.html

Fryar's husband, who is not Zaylee's father, told Millersville Police that he left their apartment around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 1, to go to the store. When he returned, his wife and Zaylee were gone, although her vehicle, cell phone, wallet and the child's diaper bag were still at the residence. He told police it wasn't unusual for her to be gone for days on end.

Michael Fryar had reported her and Zaylee missing on Thursday, May 5.

So, Zaylee's daddy was in jail when she and her mom went missing, is still in jail, and has been ruled out by Millersville LE in MSM.

Zaylee's stepfather, Michael Fryar, Shauna's husband, who is not Zaylee's dad, is last to see them, and did not report them missing for 5 days.

I'm trying to get this straight in my head lol.

If she has a significant drug history, reporting her missing a few days later would not be unheard of.

I agree with you, this will probably be a hard case to solve!
Just based on victim's background, this is going to have a lot of problems! My prayer is that the baby will just be dropped off with someone of trust that can delivery the baby to a hospital!

This is quite a history for a 28 year old worman. Shauna's had seven children, and all but baby Zaylee have been left with relatives. Zaylee 'is Shauna's life'. Shauna and Michael are separated, Michael's not Zaylee's father but she was given his last name.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14619391/amber-alert-issued-for-4-month-old-after-mother-found-dead

Snippets:
Fryar, who is not Zaylee's father... Michael and Fryar separated years ago, but remained close friends who could always count on each other.

"You know, Mike wanted to help her out and give her a place to stay because she was more or less homeless," On April 29, they moved into this Millersville mobile home park along with Zaylee. Neighbors remember when they arrived.

"They just moved in, they sat on their porch, walked their baby around, that's about it. They didn't really talk to nobody," said neighbor Rachel Dixon.

"She was love with life and in love with that baby. I mean that was her life that baby,"

In all, police said Fryar had seven children, including Zaylee, ranging in age from four months to 12-years who live with other relatives. Zaylee's biological father was incarcerated in the Robertson County Jail at the time mother and daughter disappeared. He remains in jail on unrelated charges, and is not a suspect at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back