To the killer, I would say that we can and will find you.

Originally posted by Maxi
The Ramseys were trying to beat feet out of Boulder before the BPD expressed a desire to hold onto JBR's body.

I know Meyer thought he had all the info he needed from the body, but the bodies of murder victims around here (DC area) usually aren't released that fast. It's important for the prosecution to be able to anticipate all lines of defense that might make use of the autopsy findings. It's a good idea to have other experts look over the autopsy report while the body is still available to clarify and maybe reassess any details (such as odd looking abrasions).

Maxi:; same here in Omaha(see url(example?)below...

http://www.theindependent.com/stories/010703/new_fire07.shtml
..."IT'S THE ONLY MURDER IN BOULDER COLORADO (1996)...CHILD BEAUTY QUEEN "JONBENET PATRICIA RAMSEY" ??? ...."???~~~

...Q: WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT SUCH A /THOUGHT?/: ...

Meyer had the good sense to call in a Pediatric expert to examine JonBenet's vaginal injuries.

Detective Trujillo supposedly super-glued JonBenet's thighs and lifted a partial print??? Read this in PMPT.

Originally posted by ajt400
Brothermoon, SOME killers do not have conscience, some do. Some do have close family relationships, they may not be able to value relationships with people other than family, but some do.

Second of all, are you implying that the killer is a serial killer because he values family relationships? That doesn't amke sense.

:( Rereading... "LIKE WHO-WHAT KILLERS 'have what?...a conscience/family+/value?'..NOT!...oh please "educate me!"?:dontknow: :confused: ... I tend to be all ears/eyes...!!! THANKS!:D :D :D

Originally posted by Toltec
Meyer had the good sense to call in a Pediatric expert to examine JonBenet's vaginal injuries.

Detective Trujillo supposedly super-glued JonBenet's thighs and lifted a partial print??? Read this in PMPT.

:eek: super-glued what ... in PMPT huh?... don't remember that READ...???...;where ? ( do you have page #? please/ thanks!)!:confused: :dontknow:

Originally posted by Blazeboy3
:( Rereading... "LIKE WHO-WHAT KILLERS 'have what?...a conscience/family+/value?'..NOT!...oh please "educate me!"?:dontknow: :confused: ... I tend to be all ears/eyes...!!! THANKS!:D :D :D

I haven't reread the whole thing, but I was just saying that some killers just do not have a conscience. I am sure you know this but a conscience is what makes us (in my opinion, among other things) human. The ability to reason, tto understand another person's pain, to be able to form lasting bonds and relationships--monogamous of course.

Some just don't have it. I believe it is part biological and part enviornmental. Unfortunately, most of this is formed and sealed by the time you are 8 or 9. Bear in mind not all people that do not become killers.

Interesting site on people without conscience:

www.hare.org

Lots of research has been done on these folks. It's all pretty scary, but we've probably all known someone like this.

Originally posted by Maxi
Interesting site on people without conscience:

www.hare.org

Lots of research has been done on these folks. It's all pretty scary, but we've probably all known someone like this.

...compelling (partial post of url above) read ...I'm off ordering the book.; Maxi:THANK YOU!:)

To put the situation in perspective, in the fifth edition of The Mask of Sanity, published in 1976, Cleckley used the metaphor of electricity conductors. A pair of copper wires carrying 2,000 volts of electricity, kept apart, offers nothing to indicate what the wires may do. "When we look at them, smell them, listen to them, or even touch them separately, [they] may give no evidence of being in any respect different from other strands of copper." However, connect these seemingly innocuous wires to a motor to make the circuit, and the unmistakable evidence of electricity appears. "So, too, the features that are most important in the behavior of the psychopath do not adequately emerge when this behavior is relatively isolated." To see the "symptoms" of psychopathy, they need to be "connected into the circuits of a full social life." In short, we see the psychopath best, not in the clinic or prison, but in situations in which he can best operate as a manipulative con man.

Hare's work was influenced by Cleckley's writings but, in turn, Cleckley was influenced by Hare's research. In their correspondence Cleckley described himself as a "voice crying in the wilderness," and his work as having little impact on psychiatric thinking. In a signed copy of The Mask of Sanity, Cleckley inscribed: "For Robert Hare, whose impressive studies of the psychopath have encouraged and stimulated me over the years and have played an important part in enabling me, after long frustration, to complete this fifth edition. With profound gratitude."
:) :) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back