Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS in. BS out. 'Nuff said. (Could someone hand me a new pair of waders, please?)
LOL! Yes, I need a new pair too, SS! Gone through several just in the past couple of days!
Plus, Gonna need something for a headache, stomachache, high blood pressure, and I think I need to go buy a pack of cigarettes and start smoking! Now!

I find it strange timing to make such comments just before the memorial. Are they hoping for a scene?

JB and LB accomplished exactly what they wanted to accomplish. How soon after the segment aired did someone here start a thread about it? 5 pages already and counting - they are keeping the case in the public eye. I don't think they are doing anything different than every other defense attorney did in any previous high profile cases.

When the trial starts, they will have to back up their theories with proof - I don't think they are going to be able to tear down the Prosecution's case as easily as they think they are.

Scenario: Expert witness for Prosecution testifies. Expert witness for Defense testifies and says other expert doesn't know what he is talking about. Jurors listen to both of them, can't make heads or tails out of what either of them said and decides to ignore both of them, Jury makes their decision based on what they can understand - the lies, the partying, the not reporting her missing, the complete and utter lack of anything that even looks like it might be sorrow or regret over the death of her daughter. Prison doors slam - The End.

Yep, Yep, & Yep...and I hope it ends up that way b/c that's the way I see it too!

To my knowledge Bin Laden did not try to kill his first born.

I need to step away from the computer! But I can't, I just can't!:Banane10:

Step away from the computer! :rage:

Step away from the computer!:Banane37:

My house looks like Hurricane Casey blew through!:eek: I need some damage control here!!!:Banane42:

Somebody help! :crosseyed:

Merry Maids!??? :heart:

Anyone!!!:crazy:

I'm not getting the Hitler thing at all. I see no correlations at all. I can't think of anyone to compare Baez to. Never heard of an attorney hawking pictures of a murdered baby on behalf of the sociopath who killed the baby so he and his buddies can paid big time $$$$$$$$$. Who do you draw that correlation to?

IMO, not a smart move on Baez part. For so many reasons this comparison is not going to win JB points with the large Jewish community down there. I'm not dissing Jews at all. I dated a Jewish man for years and almost converted to the faith.

Anyone who saw LKB in action during the Spector trial #1 cannot possibly take her seriously. She and her hubby were quite a pair.....

I find it strange timing to make such comments just before the memorial. Are they hoping for a scene?

Oh my. I so hope you're wrong.

It doesn't seem smart to stir up negative emotions with all the publicity about the family and church having the "right" to refuse attendence and then with these comments. It doesn't take much to provoke some people into inappropriate action. Yes, I know the family has the right to say what they will, the church probably has the right to limit attendence and the defense team has the right to say just about whatever nonsense will buy them tv time. But having a right doesn't mean it's always smart to exercise it.

Host: Who is the 'one-armed man' in this case?
Baden: Well we cant talk about that, you have to wait till the case.

Then why did you get on TV?!

So essentially, there is a one-armed man running about kidnapping and murdering innocent children, but Baden can't be bothered to inform the authorities about it? That is some sick thinking right there.

... they are keeping the case in the public eye

That, IMO, is where they are going wrong. Unless they can present, at this stage, a sensible explanation for KC's known behaviour around Caylee's disappearance, they would be better letting this whole thing slip from the limelight. The more they keep it circulating, the more "previously in the dark" members of the public learn of the details. Tainting the jury pool is a dangerous game that can backfire at trial. It's a gamble, and this defence doesn't have a good hand to play.

Anyone who saw LKB in action during the Spector trial #1 cannot possibly take her seriously. She and her hubby were quite a pair.....
You got that right!:clap: Quite the pair !:clap:

Shaymus I hope I'm wrong too but why make such strong statements (wrong headed) at this time on National TV. I hear you, and the timing just seems off.

Ok, I seriously don't understand LKB. Isn't she supposed to be the one who knows what she is doing? Isn't she the big time defense attorney? I just can't believe she compared Casey to Osama Bin Laden. The statement is so ridiculous, I'd think she was the one who has only been an attorney for three years. I expected LKB to be alot more savvy and professional, I thought she'd reign in JB, bring some experienced lawyering to this case, but I haven't seen it. Is she always like this?

I don't know why everyone thought Casey was getting the really great people when she got LKB on her team. To each his own. She is clearly more experienced that JB, I'll give her that, and has to know more about attacking forensics than he does. It's what she does in every case. But I never expected her to "reign in" any of the defense lawyer antics or excesses of JB. I think she epitomizes all of that. I enjoyed this little interview, though, given how much we've joked about the "bushy-haired stranger" and the "one-armed man" being the real culprits. I await the explanation of how the ever-elusive ZG hooked up with the MR, who of course LKB has already cast aspersions on, to accomplish this nefarious crime and keep the mother of the year from bothering to report it. I may need a lobotomy first, to really get into accepting the defense theories, but still . . . .

Ego, the problem isn't what they said...it is how people will remember what they said which leaves a bad taste. Jersey could be close that they were trying to point out how horrific the crimes were these men perpetrated and how Casey is not on that scale...yet she is still being seen as if she were a mass murderer. (IMO, she is worse since they did not kill their own children in their attacks.) The mention of the Fugitive is simply a ridiculous comparison, but they want to say SODDI. Sounds like this will be their defense strategy.

For them to say the science won't tell the story is another statement which can come back to bite them. How many forensic experts do they have on their team? Tit for Tat. (It tells me that their forensic team came up with nothing.)

So essentially, there is a one-armed man running about kidnapping and murdering innocent children, but Baden can't be bothered to inform the authorities about it? That is some sick thinking right there.
And that's what makes their tv appearences so unbelieveable to me! They can go on all the national news shows and proclaim the murderer's innocence, but say nothing, not one statement to back it up! ???

Waste, huge waste of air time!:mad:

That, IMO, is where they are going wrong. Unless they can present, at this stage, a sensible explanation for KC's known behaviour around Caylee's disappearance, they would be better letting this whole thing slip from the limelight. The more they keep it circulating, the more "previously in the dark" members of the public learn of the details. Tainting the jury pool is a dangerous game that can backfire at trial. It's a gamble, and this defence doesn't have a good hand to play.

I agree with you that is is a dangerous game, but I think it's the only one they have to play. It didn't work in the S. Peterson case, but did it work with the first Spector case or the Robert Blake case? I am not going to include OJ's case, because there was a lot more going on there then just disputing the evidence, in my opinion. As many people here have pointed out - the defense only needs one Juror with reasonable doubt.

Does anyone know if the Prosecution gets to have a say in where the trial is held - if change of venue is given?

I'll tell you what bothers me most about this interview. They claim that she is innocent..Okay, if she is innocent, that means that somewhere , there is a killer on the loose. Baez would not answer who.. Now, if nothing else in this world points to guilt, it is a set of defense lawyers on national TV claiming their clients innocence, yet will not disclose who did this, or even say to the public to be careful out there that there is a killer living among them.
The defense just wants everyone to wait it out, and find out in the court room. Are you kidding me? They claim that she is innocent yet her rights are more important that warning the public of a killer in Orlando.
These people are a joke.
:bang::bang:

I wonder what the motive of the killer was? The defense does not have to prove she didn't do it, they just have to show RESONABLE doubt. How can you show that when ZFG does not exist? Will she point the finger at someone who does exist? It must be RESONABLE - not just that she is innocent. WHO did she leave her child with that day - what happened? She is going to have to tell the court this. If not ZFG - then who?

She compared her public persona to Bin Laden, not her ... yeah .. I'm just gonna leave this thread.

Ok, but, seriously I'm still not seeing the correlation. I would never associate the two. There is no comparison.

Bin Laden is a radical terrorist who orchestrated the mass killing of more than 3,000 complete strangers based on his religious beliefs and hatred for America. Something he took credit for and is proud of.

Casey Anthony murdered her two year old daughter so she could move in with her new boyfriend and go out and party whenever she wanted to, all the while blaming someone who doesn't exsist and proclaiming her innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz