Toronto mayor admits crack use

Mar 22 2016, 11:38 am ET

Rob Ford, Former Scandal-Plagued Toronto Mayor, Dies

by Jon Schuppe

Rob Ford, the boisterous, hard-partying and scandal-plagued former Toronto mayor whose battle with a rare abdominal cancer forced him out of the 2014 election race, died Tuesday, according to a family statement released by his office.

His death comes just days after doctors said he was planning to resume treatment for a recurrence.

"With heavy hearts and profound sadness, the Ford family announces the passing of their beloved son, brother, husband and father, Councillor Rob Ford," his office said in a statement. "A dedicated man of the people, Councillor Ford spent his life serving the people of Toronto." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/rob-ford-former-crack-smoking-toronto-mayor-dead-n541466

Very sorry for Rob Ford's family , especially his young children.
:rose:

One of my favorite things was to watch him smile and dance. Even when not on any stimulants, he was full of fun and laughter.

jmo's

'You don't make a public spectacle of yourself': Memorable Rob Ford quotes
March 22, 2016

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/you-do...-yourself-memorable-rob-ford-quotes-1.2827617

"I've never said that in my life to her, I would never do that. I'm happily married, I've got more than enough to eat at home." Ford on Nov. 14, 2013, on allegations he made lewd comments to a female aide about performing oral sex on her.

That's our Rob.

RIP Mr. Mayor.

Rob Ford funeral, visitation details released

Councillor and former mayor Rob Ford will lie in repose at the heart of city hall in a visitation open to the public ahead of a full funeral procession next week.

That civic honour for the controversial former mayor — at the request of Ford’s family with Mayor John Tory’s blessing — is an unprecedented event in Toronto’s history. Two sitting mayors, but never a former mayor, have been given a public memorial at city hall.

City hall, which is normally closed Easter Monday, will open its doors for Ford’s casket and his family at 9 a.m. Visitors will be allowed in from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Ford’s body will remain the next day, March 29, with visitation from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.

On March 30, a procession is planned from city hall to St. James Cathedral on Church St. for a lunchtime funeral service.

Following the funeral, the Ford family will host a “celebration of Councillor Ford’s life” at the Toronto Congress Centre in Etobicoke starting at 6:30 p.m., where video clips, to be submitted by the public, will be played.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...e-in-state-at-city-hall-ahead-of-funeral.html

Would love to attend the procession but I've already made plans to be at the cottage all week....

ROBYN DOOLITTLE
My relationship with Rob Ford? It’s complicated

Late last week, a source of mine texted with news that Rob Ford’s family was heading to the hospital to say goodbye. His health was deteriorating and doctors believed he could be gone within days.

A little after 11 a.m. on Tuesday, my phone pinged again. It was over.

Toronto’s most famous mayor – arguably one of the most notorious politicians in the world – was dead at 46, 18 months after being diagnosed with an aggressive type of soft-tissue cancer.

Despite the warning I’d had, I was unprepared for the news. People always ask me: So what do you really think about Rob Ford? Well, my feelings are complicated.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ith-rob-ford-its-complicated/article29397563/

Etobicoke event will mark one-year anniversary of Rob Ford's death

Friends and family of the late Rob Ford will be gathering in Etobicoke tonight to mark the one-year anniversary of the former Toronto mayor’s death.

Ford passed away at Mount Sinai Hospital last year at the age of 46 after being diagnosed with pleomorphic liposarcoma, a rare and aggressive form of soft tissue cancer, in September 2014.

[...]

To honour Ford's legacy, Doug Ford said he would like to see Centennial Stadium named after his late brother.

He added that he is disappointed Tory has not reached out to the family about a memorial.

In a statement released by the mayor’s office on Wednesday, spokesperson Don Peat said city staff received an application from a community member to rename Kingsview Park in honour of Ford. Staff, according to Peat, sought the consent of the Ford family and then began the planning the consultation process.

But Peat said last month, Ward 2 Coun. Michael Ford, Rob Ford’s nephew, told parks staff that the family did not want any further work to be done on renaming Kingsview Park and the application was suspended.

[...]

Speaking to CP24 Wednesday, Tory confirmed that the city has every intention of finding a way to honour Rob Ford.

“It’s not a subject for a crusade. It is not a subject for politicking. It is a subject for a proper process,” Tory said in a phone interview from India, where he is staying as part of a 10-day trade mission.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/etobicoke...ear-anniversary-of-rob-ford-s-death-1.3335524

DF always looking for an opportunity to make waves about something with misinformation. Even on the anniversary of his brother's death. Looks like the family applied for a name change to a park and then withdrew it for something a little larger like a stadium but have yet to apply for that. And DF is disappointed that the current mayor has not reached out to them to find out what they would like to be named after the worst mayor in the history of the city? SMH

They can go through the proper channels just like everyone else. And they can leave the nice area of Centennial Park alone. I think Kingsview Park is the perfect choice. You can see the crack buildings where the Project Traveller raids took place nicely from there.

MOO

Less sweetness, more savagery in film version of Rob Ford story
Filth City adds extra drugs and violence to fictional tale, but actor gets ex-mayor just right.

Actor Pat Thornton does what the Toronto police could never do. He nails Rob Ford, providing a chaotic and quite perfect impersonation of the late mayor of Toronto.

Four years ago, sitting in the back of a darkened car watching the crack video on an iPhone with colleague Robyn Doolittle, I felt like we were in a cheap crime drama. Late-night phone calls. Coffee. Drive to a prescribed location. Wait. Small talk. Wait. Get into car with strange man. Get driven to a parking lot. Convince a drug and gun dealer to show video of Toronto’s top politician smoking a rock of crack.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...vagery-in-film-version-of-rob-ford-story.html

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions | The Star
June 4 2018
"Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford, alleging he has deprived her and her children of millions"

In a $16.5-million lawsuit filed Friday in Superior Court, Renata Ford also alleges that former brother-in-law Doug Ford is a “negligent” business manager whose decisions have led to a steady decrease in the value of the Ford company, Deco Labels. Despite setting his sights on a political career, Doug has continued to receive “extravagant compensation,” even though Deco is losing money, Renata claims in her court filings."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back