Toy horse found at crime scene

Has NG had a go at this?

It would at least be a starting point for discussion?
If it can be mis-stated, distorted, or outright lied about then it has been "Breaking News".

I cannot say for certain, but I am very nearly sure that at one point she asserted that "matching toy horses" were found at the A's house.

It was all part of the apparent confusion between mentioning something in a search warrant request and actually finding it during the search.

This has bothered me also....I saw no other mention of the toy or any photos released that would appear they were tying it to the home. Maybe I missed something...going back to look again! :waitasec:

This is like a game of "I SPY":crazy:
After looking over all the photos again of the home I didn't see anything that stuck out in regards to the horse.
Any sleuthers able to blow up this pic
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set10/1/lg/208833.htm
Seems to be the best one of the toy area...possibly something in the clear bins?? Anyone.....Bueller? Bueller???

If it can be mis-stated, distorted, or outright lied about then it has been "Breaking News".

I cannot say for certain, but I am very nearly sure that at one point she asserted that "matching toy horses" were found at the A's house.

It was all part of the apparent confusion between mentioning something in a search warrant request and actually finding it during the search.
I can not see the show where I live!
Is a "bombshell" the same as a "Breaking News"?
Is she claiming just the one horse found at the A home? That already makes two total, so I guess that is it. I seem to remember several photos showed piles of toys in Caylee's room? Surely the photo WSer's can find a toy anything in that lot? They found all manner of toys and live kittens amongst leaves in just two low res crime scene photos. There is a Phd in photo forensics for somebody amidst Caylee's actual toys!

Come on WS photo sleuthers. There are 3 different toy horses and a yard and a half of "toy horse fencing" hidden in this photo.

picture.php

I can not see the show where I live!
Is a "bombshell" the same as a "Breaking News"?
Is she claiming just the one horse found at the A home? That already makes two total, so I guess that is it. I seem to remember several photos showed piles of toys in Caylee's room? Surely the photo WSer's can find a toy anything in that lot? They found all manner of toys and live kittens amongst leaves in just two low res crime scene photos. There is a Phd in photo forensics for somebody amidst Caylee's actual toys!
You may perhaps be blessed by the absence of NG.

"Bombshell" and "Breaking News" are functionally equivalent. They have both been overworked to the point of having become entirely meaningless.

I can't recall exactly what she claimed or when. I am fairly certain that the assertion was made, quite shamelessly, on her show.

An anecdote is in order here. I once had an office trailer with a fax machine placed on the edge of a side table. On the floor directly below the machine was a waste basket. If the output tray on the fax machine was positioned just so then received faxes could go from the machine directly to the "circular file" without human intervention.

Even when NG is on in my house my brain handles her output in much the same fashion.

You know what? We have seen hide nor hair of anything that was listed as being found in the bags much less the bags themselves. Has anyone else noticed that?

I also noticed a while ago that the skull is not on the OSCO property forms from the crime scene. I asked my boss, who's the Chief MEI for our county about that and he said that anything recovered by the ME's office is usually not listed on LE's property lists since it wasn't actually recovered by the LE agency.

I would have to assume that the ME's office either turned those items over to OSCO or sent them to the FBI themselves and didn't give them to OCSO first. Sounds to me like doing it that way would save a step at least. I wonder if that's the reason we've seen no pictures of the laundry bag, garbage bags, Caylee's clothes, the plastic horse and fence, the iron on letters, etc other than the pics they took at the scene before they were moved.

What does everyone make of this? It could be the most dam*ing evidence of the case.

You know what? We have seen hide nor hair of anything that was listed as being found in the bags much less the bags themselves. Has anyone else noticed that?

I also noticed a while ago that the skull is not on the OSCO property forms from the crime scene. I asked my boss, who's the Chief MEI for our county about that and he said that anything recovered by the ME's office is usually not listed on LE's property lists since it wasn't actually recovered by the LE agency.

I would have to assume that the ME's office either turned those items over to OSCO or sent them to the FBI themselves and didn't give them to OCSO first. Sounds to me like doing it that way would save a step at least. I wonder if that's the reason we've seen no pictures of the laundry bag, garbage bags, Caylee's clothes, the plastic horse and fence, the iron on letters, etc other than the pics they took at the scene before they were moved.

What does everyone make of this? It could be the most dam*ing evidence of the case.
I'm glad you brought this up. You and I were discussing this chain of custody thing on another thread, and I've been meaning to tap your expertise on the subject some more.

I know that the FBI had received some of the evidence directly from the M.E.'s office. It says so on their report matching the duct tape.

I have also found at least three references so far clearly indicating that OCSO had assigned evidence tag #s to items first and then sending them to the M.E. (pgs. 3426, 3428, and 3431).

If their procedure is to ID an item before they forward it to the M.E. would that suggest that there would be an OCSO property report for it?

Would they employ this procedure in many cases but not in some?

I'm glad you brought this up. You and I were discussing this chain of custody thing on another thread, and I've been meaning to tap your expertise on the subject some more.

I know that the FBI had received some of the evidence directly from the M.E.'s office. It says so on their report matching the duct tape.

I have also found at least three references so far clearly indicating that OCSO had assigned evidence tag #s to items first and then sending them to the M.E. (pgs. 3426, 3428, and 3431).

If their procedure is to ID an item before they forward it to the M.E. would that suggest that there would be an OCSO property report for it?

Would they employ this procedure in many cases but not in some?

The way I understand it is this. The Chief MEI, Steve Hanson, was the one that responded to the scene for the ME's office. He was in charge of the remains (technically LE has no authority over the remains, but that's a side point right now). Since the remains were inside the bags, it was decided to remove the remains in situ and transport them to the morgue. Technically OSCO never had possession of the bags or anything in the bags. That's why you don't see it on the property reports for OCSO. Over the course of the 9 days that they processed the scene, when bones were found, they were identified as human by Dr. Shultz or Dr. G and then transported to the morgue by Steve Hanson. Those items would have an OCSO evidence number since OCSO found them and then turned them over to the ME's office.

Did that make sense?

The way I understand it is this. The Chief MEI, Steve Hanson, was the one that responded to the scene for the ME's office. He was in charge of the remains (technically LE has no authority over the remains, but that's a side point right now). Since the remains were inside the bags, it was decided to remove the remains in situ and transport them to the morgue. Technically OSCO never had possession of the bags or anything in the bags. That's why you don't see it on the property reports for OCSO. Over the course of the 9 days that they processed the scene, when bones were found, they were identified as human by Dr. Shultz or Dr. G and then transported to the morgue by Steve Hanson. Those items would have an OCSO evidence number since OCSO found them and then turned them over to the ME's office.

Did that make sense?
Yes it does, and I had conjectured as much myself.

However (and I'm not certain I can phrase this clearly) there is something muddy in the presented data as it transitions from M'E/remains to site OCSO/remains.

Not just the finding stuff later that you're talking about. I can't seem to get my mind around the jurisdictional treatment of that one mass of stuff with the remains. It seems like the demarcation is almost random.

I'll bet that didn't make any sense.

Did that make sense?

Thank you so much for this clarification ! I noticed a grey bag on the OCSO list and wondered what had happened to the tan laundry bag.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back