Transcripts of various media *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Tricia's True Crime Radio http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/06/03/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I transcribed from 80:00 to 114:04. This part starts with Mark Redwine, it is after Elaine Redwine's interview on that day.

June 2, 2013-08-22
Interview with Mark Redwine--Part 1

Starting at 80:00
TG: Now listen here I’m going o have Mark on I’m going to let him talk and we’re going to be respectful because it’s not going to help Dylan to yell and accuse and all of that, however I do want to ask Mark some questions as well Ok so hold on let me get the phone here Mark are you there?

MR: I am

TG: OK, Uh thank you for calling in uh Mark we had a long conversation the other night and um you know I’m not…as I told Elaine I’m going to tell you I’m not taking sides and as Elaine finished my sentence, I’m only talking the side of Dylan I don’t want you to get offended if I ask you these questions because they need to be asked. OK, but first I want to give you a platform to talk and to tell us what you want to clear up. OK, what do you want to clear up that are the misconceptions about you, Mark Redwine?

MR: Well, um you know obviously bein’ Dylan’s father and he was here at my house when he went missin’ you know I, in the be, very beginning of this I only did what I was instructed to do by law enforcement that meaning that you know the first few days of the search efforts that were going on with Dylan I was just to stay here at the home in case he was to return or to call home or whatever the case may be.

TG: Mm-hmm

MR: and as much as I wanted to be out there doing being involved in the searches I obviously was told that it was in MY best interest or Dylan’s best interest for me not to be out there that I needed to be here at the house in case he showed up for whatever reason.

TG:So you’re telling us that law enforcement told you not to search, right, is that what you are saying?

MR: In the, in the first few days, yes, I I I desparately wanted to be involved in every aspect of that but you know again, law enforcement told me that the best thing I could do was to stay here at the house and make myself available in the case that Dylan either tried to call or that he stopped by.

TG: OK

MR: Which is exactly what I did.

TG: And…what about searching later?

MR: Well, I…you know I made many, I made many efforts. The difference between, I think, that me and my ex-wife is that I don’t search because I’m looking for recognition an I search because it is the right thing to do and it’s what I want to be a part of in bringing Dylan home. So you know just because I don’t go out an, an, an, an follow the camera’s around and things like that doesn’t mean I’m out, not out searching,

(They talk over each other)
TG: You’re out
MR: Now then there are many things that I
TG: You’re out searching
MR: Go Ahead.

TG:
You’re telling us that you ARE out searching, correct?

MR: Oh, absolutely, now you know I mean at this point here we are past the six month mark you know I, I’ll be honest with you I don’t believe Dylan’s in the lake I don’t believe he’s near my home and he’s certainly I don’t think he’s in La Plata county.

TG: Why do you think that?

MR: Does that mean I know where to look? Well, because I don’t think that…I don’t think that Dylan…..is anywhere in this area and he hasn’t been from the very beginning of this I mean obviously in the first few days nobody knew anything and so we were trying to sort all the pieces of this together and trying to figure out and understand you know the direction that we needed to be going so that we had a clear understanding of the areas that we needed to go to to be able to find Dylan you know in, in, in, in the very few, first days I, I didn’t think about him being abducted you know came, came to my attention that the dog handlers that had initially come up here indicated that you know they picked up his scent up to 50 feet from my house and past that there was no scent of him (TG: Mm-hm) so even the dogs were having a hard time with that. That being said, you know that kind of indicates to me that he could very well possibly could have gotten into vehicle and (TG: mm-hm)known who he was with or you know he set out on his own and never made it to his destination, I don’t know bec…you know nobody wants to first thought think that your child is being abducted you know that’s what, that’s what we have all these people involved for so we can try to better understand what we’re truly up against.

TG:
Exactly, now Mark I need to point something out to you and this is what gets people riled up and when you guys meet for mediation if I may offer this advice cause I have you know I I see what people say from all over the world so I have a little bit of a finger on the pulse of the public perception and I know that doesn’t involve finding Dylan but I think its important for you to understand when you say things like “I’m not out looking for recognition I don’t follow the cameras around”, that is you know backhanded way to, to slam your ex-wife. And I think that’s what gets people riled up, it got me riled up. 85:00
Uh, when I heard you say that,

(MR: well…)

TG:
Well, whoa, wait a minute and that’s because you’re ac…and, here’s the thing: Marc Klass would tell you “Get in front of the cameras”. All the time. Don’t stop. You know, we used to joke about Marc Klass, the most dangerous place to be was to be between Marc Klass and a camera because he needed to keep Polly, his daughter’s picture, out there. So, when you say that, it gets people like “Whoa, what’s he saying?” Can you understand that?

MR: Well, I, I Understand that and I’m certainly not trying to argue that point and I mean that part of the person that I am, is the way that I come across to some people and you know it’s not that I avoiding the cameras, or that I’m not willing to get in front of a camera, the fact is, you know, the particular days I’ve been out searching, I’ve been out doing these things on my own, I mean, I spent countless days driving around the lake, looking for any evidence of you know, fishing pole, backpack anything of that type of nature, you know…

TG: Mmm-hmm

Tricia's True Crime Radio http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/06/03/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I transcribed from 80:00 to 114:04. This part starts with Mark Redwine, it is after Elaine Redwine's interview on that day.

June 2, 2013-08-22
Interview with Mark Redwine--Part 2

85:59
MR: An’, an’ when I say that what I’m trying to say is that when I go out and do these things, I’m not trying to call in somebody to be there, and I’m certainly not…it’s not my intention to criticize Dylan’s mother, by any means…cuz….

TG: That’s what it sounds like.

(Talks over each other)
MR: Well, i-if that’s the way it
TG: I mean, that was a …that was a hard jab

MR:
An’ I understand that, an’, an’ an I think that is part of the way that I tend to come across which makes it hard for me, to come out, and speak like I am now. Because I don’t intend to come out, across that way, it’s just part of who I am. I guess. I mean, I don’t know how to explain it any better than that, I mean, I’m not…I’m not trying to hurt Dylan’s mother, I’m not, never been my intention, my only focus, and this is what I want everybody to understand, my only focus is what we need to be doing to bring our son home. That’s all I’m interested in. I think there’s plenty of time for all this other stuff, the sideline stuff that’s going on, to be done, after the fact, when we bring Dylan home, That is the only thing that matters to me.

TG: Well, that, that’s good. Absolutely.
87:05
So there are some questions that Elaine brought up that I would like to give you a chance to answer. And like I told Elaine, I just want to get these things cleared up and Mark I want to say, I REALLY appreciate you coming on the show, cause I know it’s not easy. Uh, you know, you’ve, you’ve had a lot of negative publicity, and you know, you’re biting the bullet and coming on and I really appreciate you doing that. It makes, it …

(Interrupts)
MR: Well, you know in the conversations that I’ve had with you, I feel like I owe it to Dylan to sit down and have this conversation with his mother and that’s looong past overdue, I mean, certainly, whatever road we had to take to get to the point we are now, then this is the most important thing to me, I think I….her and I need to have this opportunity that we have on Wednesday to sit down face to face and have this conversation because I’ll be honest with you, I, I think that there’s things that I may be aware of that she may not be aware of, I think that there’s things that she may be aware of that I’m not aware of, and I can’t help but think that working together, and having all the cards laid out on the table, that it will make a difference in where we go from here as we search for our son.

88:10
TG: Let me ask you some questions that are kind of odd, that I think a lot of people want to know as myself….as well as myself. When did you first find out that all of…. first all is it true that you said all of Dylan’s clothing and his iPod were missing?

MR: Well….to answer your question with a yes or no answer, yes, that’s true.

(MR breaks, then TG and MR speak over each other)
MR:But, to clarify that.
TG: But, there’s a but…
TG: Clarify, Let’s clarify

MR: To clarify that, it wasn’t until, you know, a short time period that Law Enforcement had become in…aware of what was going on and was involved…I know that they immediately brought in some dogs…start tracking, you know, (TG: Mmm-hmm)his movement and try to figure out the direction…that he was headed and the question was posed to me “Is his back pack here?” and I’m like “Well, I don’t know, let me go look for it.” Cause I, that’s not something that I was looking for. So, you know, it probably took…. I want to say the first day, maybe even two…. before that was determined. (TG: Mmm-hmm) That his backpack wasn’t even here. My only concern was Dylan and what do we got to do to find him. And where is he?

TG: Mmm-Hmm. OK, So I, and I understand that, that makes sense. Uh, uh, we have a chat room her and there’s some questions about mediation. You’re the one who called the mediator, you’re the one who set the appointment with the mediator. Why don’t you feel you can just call Elaine and talk to her?

89:50
MR: Well, I, I, think if you listen to what Elaine said and, and, and, and you probably gonna hear some thing similar from me, I don’t think that either one of us, to be honest with you, want to talk to the other. You know, I think, because of the communication that we’ve had during the course of our divorce, we don’t talk to each other, an, an, an, an…and most of our communication is done email. In the, in the case with Dylan, you know, obviously, you know I texted her from the Marshall’s office when I was there uh, expressing my concerns to the Marshall..about Dylan’s whereabouts and that I was concerned because at that point I realized that his friends hadn’t seen or heard from him all day (TG: Mmm-hmm) and that being said, it was just a…it was the most natural way to communicate to her because I know how she is and, you know what? Quite frankly, we’re not married any more and I don’t need her to talk to me the way she did when we were married.

TG: Mmm-hmm

90:43
MR: I’m, I’m, I’m, I’m, I’m a human. I’m a father and I’m somebody that you can sit down and have a civil conversation with. You don’t need to start….yelling at me, you don’t need to start going off on me, you know I certainly understand that you know for the most part, emotions run deep in a situation like this.

TG: Mm-hmm

MR: And moms tend to be a little more vocal than with their emotions and I don’t have a huge problem with that, until it starts becoming accusatory and, and various other things and then I just shut down, it’s my nature, that’s what I do.

TG:
Mm-hmm. I think…I’m going to try to step outside her and look at both sides of this. You have Elaine…because you were the last person to see Dylan alive, you understand if it’s… I mean, you’re a smart guy, you know that’s where the focus is going to be until they can find out what really is going on. So here you have a conten… a contentious divorce anyway, and Dylan is missing and so Elaine is accusing which I think, if you’re in Elaine’s shoes, is understandable. In your side, you’re saying “Hey, I want to find our son, but I can’t talk to you if all your going to do is yell at me and, and accuse me of things because it’s not going to get anywhere.” Is that what I’m hearing?

MR:
Well, that’s exactly what I’m trying to say.

June 2, 2013-08-22
Interview with Mark Redwine--Part 3

92:06
TG:
OK. So…(sigh)…how, how, how is it, how can you get through to her, how can you two get through to each other, do you think? How can you convince Elaine (***should be “by saying”, not “to say”***) to say “Look, quit accusing me. Let’s talk.” And how can Elaine get through to you that’s she’s just trying to do what’s best for Dylan, even though you may not think so. I guess this is the job of the mediator that’s going to have to sit down and say “Hang on, we need to just…drop back and stop with the jabs, stop with the insults stop with the accusations and talk.” I’m hoping that’s what happens. Are you open to all of this?

MR: Well yeah, that’s…that’s my only intention in this whole thing is to sit down an’, an’, an have a face to face talk with her an’ sit down with her with a third party mediator, so that, you know, there, there’s somebody that can intervene between us when, if things start getting elevated to a point where one of us wants to shut down like I’m probably known to do and one that starts wantin’ to re…escalate the situation or start raising their voice and become accusatory like she might be likely to do. (TG: OK) So, so the purpose of having the mediator is to have a third party involved that is trying to keep everything in control so that all we’re doing is sitting down as parents discussing what is happening with our child and as parents of this child, what can we do together, cuz that is one piece of common ground that her and I both share. Regardless of our divorce, regardless of all that has gone on there, regardless of anything else, her and I are still the parents of Dylan. (TG: Mm-hmm) and it’s up to us to stand together on that one piece of ground that we both share and do what’s right for the (unintelligible) meaning: we need to turn over every rock, look under every st…log, look in every stump, and, and do everything possible.
94:06 Now you know I think that that’s a lot of what you see going on around my house and the searches being done. I have no problem with that. I think that that’s great. Because the more we search the area around my home, the more we’re going to realize, Dylan’s not here. And we’re going to start looking outside the box, which is kind of where I..I’m at with this whole thing. You know, there has been so much time spent around my house, and believe me there’s a lot of forest and a lot of wilderness, there’s a lot of area to cover. An’ obviously it’s not going to be done in a day’s time or whatever the case may be. Which (TG: Mm-hmm) is the whole reason I invited the dogs forensics team to come in here because they can cover…they can cover with two dogs what it takes 40 people to cover I the same amount of time.

TG: Got it. And you have also contact….

(Interrupts)
MR: And…

TG:
I’m sorry, go ahead.

94:55
MR: Well, an’, an’, an that’s what we brought her in for, she made the offer to both Elaine and I and I juts happened to be the one who responded….first. Now, my opinion is that it doesn’t matter which of us responded to her, the fact that she was willing to come in here and do this for the benefit of our son is all that’s really important here.

TG:
Got it. Um you have contacted Marc Klass of the Klass’ Kids foundation, is that correct? What have you…how did you reach out to them, what did you say?

MR: Well, I went to his foundation website and I got onto the email address and I uh, wrote him an email letting him know who I was and you know, I’ve reached out to him. I’ve not got a response from him, you know I know it’s the weekend and I don’t know how closely that’s monitored and, you know, if there’s other people that monitor it and will forward that to him or whatever the case may be. At this point I have not heard from him.

TG: OK. Well if you were, you wrote them fairly…. like you said over the weekend, hopefully that, hopefully if you get a chance to talk to Marc, he can really give you some good pointers to how to use the media, and I mean that in a positive way, to help keep Dylan’s name out there and to help people remember Dylan so they can be looking for him. Um…

MR:
And well, I agree with that and that was the whole purpose that I thought we were going to do the Dr Phil show, to…bring to the national level the fact that we have a 14 year old boy that’s missing an’, an’, an’, an’ he’s not been located. So, that being said, you know, I guess I was caught off guard because I, that was my understanding of what the show was dedicated to, I’ll be honest with you, I felt like the very first moment I walked on stage that I was being attacked and I felt like I was defending myself and I was doing everything in my power to keep my composure and not retaliating in, in a way that would…make me look worse in a way that I apparently already looked.

97:00
TG: Did you call Dr. Phil? You said you d … Are you the one who called him and said, “Hey, I want to do this show?”

MR: No.

(MR stopped briefly, both spoke over each other)
MR: Now Dr. Phil’s people…
TG: OH, I , I thought, I’m sorry, I thought you s… That was my fault then, my misunderstanding, OK.

MR: I did not do that. I will tell you that earlier on, that I was contacted by Dr. Phil’s people and I at that time elected not to participate in it because it was too soon in Dylan’s disappearance for me to think that was any value, so they had contacted me, and I declined to do it and at some point, I don’t know who contacted who or what happened there, but I was eventually contacted again by a man. I agreed to do it, and you know I was also being asked by um, my former wife’s close friend who was involved in this… to (unintelligible)

TG: I, I really thought you said you were the one that contacted Dr. Phil, so I’m sorry about that. Um, And again, what you just said and maybe this is the misconception and the communication problem you’ve talked about, Mark, and I want to, and I’m not…please don’t think I’m being critical, I’m just pointing out what is probably obvious to some of us, and that is when you said “Well, I didn’t think it would help at this point in time to go on Dr. Phil.” That is a national show, you could have got national attention for him. Do you look back on that, maybe think that you should have?

MR:
Well I think that sure…as time passes by an, an I look at some of the things that I’ve done, and certainly I wish I could go back and re do some of them, but I can’t, so you know I can’t change what has already been done, what I can do is change what I do today. And you, know, that being said, I thought it was too soon for something like that, but you know my concern at that point, and you have to bear in mind, that you know I’m dealing with all of a sudden and out of nowhere, my son’s disappearance and all the things that are going on and things that are happening so fast, I wasn’t thinking clearly.

June 2, 2013-08-22
Interview with Mark Redwine--Part 4

99:06 TG: Right. I, I think everybody can understand that, absolutely. Absolutely. Let’s talk about the search warrant. You released those search warrants yourself, correct?

MR: That’s correct.

TG:
OK. What…why did you do that? I’m sorry, I got to turn my phone off, everyone’s texting me. So, um, anyway, why did you do that? Why….did you release the search warrants.

(starts talking over TG)
MR: Well…..the reason I did that specifically because the, the, it, the search warrants were issued based on the theory of kidnapping and you know, again, I’m not trying to be critical of Law Enforcement and I’ve never used the word Amber in my, you know, statement that I put out there. All I’m saying is that…here’s the problem that I have and maybe somebody in your audience can help clarify this, but you know this is the question that I ask Law Enforcement: What is the fundamental difference between being kidnapped and being abducted and their answer to me is that there is absolutely no difference. So my next question to them is then , well, if you have enough to get a search warrant, based on probable cause, why did you not have enough to issue and Amber alert to notify people out there that we had a missing child? And that is an answer I never got from Law Enforcement. (TG: I know….) I know basically there’s criteria that has to be met and (TG: Right, that’s what I was going to say) and in their eyes it hadn’t been met. That being said, if they couldn’t meet the criteria for issuing an Amber alert based on him being abducted, then how did they obtain a search warrant based on probable cause for kidnapping. I mean, to me, the two are the same. One doesn’t mean any difference than the other. It’s just the words that you are using, one’s abduction, one’s kidnapping.

100:55
TG: Yeah, I see what you are saying. I think, and I may be misquoting here, out of Colorado, but I know a lot of Amber alert criteria in a lot of cities, they have to have a car …and that’s a big problem(MR: Right). They have to have a car description. And…so…they can have enough for a search warrant very easily, doesn’t take a lot to have a search warrant…and they got the search warrant because Dylan was staying at your house and that’s the last place he was there.

(Interrupts)
MR: And I have no problem with the warrant. All they had to do was ask and they could’ve got into my house, I’m not trying to hide anything here.

(Some minor talking over each other)
TG: Oh, I and I, I know. But go ahead.

MR:
But the argument I would make in what you’re saying is that technology is advancing quicker than law enforcement or Laws are changing to handle situations like this. That being said, you know I understand they can get a search warrant based on probably cause, but it doesn’t logically make sense to me an’, an’, an’ again, maybe there’s something I’m missing. That it just doesn’t make sense to me that it would be easier to obtain a search warrant or to do a search on a home, than it would be to issue an alert for a child that’s gone missing.

TG:
Right. I see what you’re saying. Well, I, I think, uh, like you said, it’s just the criteria and the criteria honestly needs to be changed and actually that’s something Marc Klass has been, has been working on. Um, did the search warrant come with the affidavit attached to it, that gives the probably cause? Did it say any probable cause that you know of?

MR: To my knowledge, all I released is all that I ever received, so in the search warrant that I released out, I think it uses kidnapping as the probably cause to have obtained the search warrant (TG: Mm-hm) but that’s my understanding of it. I don’t know of an affidavit and I’m not sure what that is.

TG: OK. I…I’m getting some of these questions from the chat room, so that’s …that’s why I’m asking. Uh, let’s talk about the search. Uh, you’re….according to Elaine, your step-son…or excuse me your son, Brandon, said “This is stupid, Dylan’s not here.” (**I think she misspoke and meant that Brandon said that Mark had said this-Elaine said this earlier in this show-not yet transcribed***) when you were searching a particular area and according to Elaine that really took Brandon aback. Is that what happened?

103:20
MR: Well and you know what, I, I, I guess if I said that, it would take someone aback, but I’ll be honest with you, I don’t believe I ever said that. I can tell you if I’m correct in what I’m hearing from Elaine, tha particular moment in time when we were going to search an area on the east side of Bayfield, it has a road that travels up to a mountain range that is on the east side of the mountain range that I live on. There’s no way to directly cross over it, so the road that leads to my house would be on the west side of this range and the road that we were on is on the east side of that range. (TG: Mm-hm). That being said, I was traveling up that road and received a call from Denise Hess, who was one of the people, you know, spearheading this whole effort with Dylan and search effort and that kind of thing (TG: Mmm-hmm) and I got a call from her, and she said…she told me that there was a, a, a camera crew from one of the Albuquerque TV stations that was in the uh…video store where the search headquarters was, and so I turned around and immediately left, but I would never make a comment like that.

TG:
OK, so that was a

(MR interrupts, they talk over each other)
MR: I mean, that’s not something I would say.
TG: Something that your saying…

TG: OK

MR: I have a hard time believing that, you know I,I would have said anything even remotely close to that, because Dylan is very near and dear to me and there is NO stone I’m not willing to overturn, you know, I will be willing to look anywhere, I don’t know where to look, I don’t know where to tell Law Enforcement to look.

June 2, 2013-08-22
Interview with Mark Redwine--Part 5

104:50
TG: And so you will look anywhere, it what you are saying.

MR:
Absolutely. Absolutely, I’ll be the first one in line. To be there looking.

TG:
OK.

MR: Just like the day that the search took place when all the people in the Durango and Bayfield area got together and they had like 2350 people out there. I was one of the FIRST people there. (TG: Mm-hm) when they were setting up and getting ready and all the people were coming in and I was one of the very first people there.

TG:
Wait, Wait, I thought you said you were at home, because the police told you to stay at home? Is this after that?

MR:
Well, that was in the first couple days.

TG: OK, this is after the fact.

MR: This is a couple weeks after the fact.

TG: OK, gotcha.

MR:
There was a mass search, and that mass search that was held, I’m going to guess sometime in December, and, and that, you know, I, I was one of the very first people there.

TG: Mm-hm

MR: And I would be the first one in line in ANY search. Now Elaine mentioned something about a mass search going on in mid June. I know nothing about that.
I’ve not heard about that from her and this is one of the things that her and I need to get with each other so we can be on the same page. Any time there is any type of search going on, whether it’s being orchestrated by me or by her the other one should be involved in that or at least be aware of it so that they both have the ability to participate in it.

106:10
TG: Uh, did you,…when you say you’ve been out searching cause this has kinda the …I guess a bone of contention, and it’s something that I want to give you a chance to clear up. Do you go out like once a week, every day and just…what is…what is your schedule this way, maybe you don’t have a schedule but …ju…tell…walk us through a search and what prompts you to go there?

MR:
Well, I don’t really have, at this point, a particular….schedule of any kind. I mean, you know, I, I, I’m as dumbfounded as anybody is out there as to where to go from here. I will tell you that this last holiday weekend that we had, you know, there was a canine forensic team that had volunteered to come up and spend a Saturday and Sunday up here. Unfortunately, she was a little late getting here on Saturday, so it was in the afternoon when she got here. I’d been waiting there since 8:00 in the morning for her, but you know part of the point in getting with her was to have a tailgate meeting cuz her’s what I see happening: If I’m going our and searching a particular area, and then Elaine and some of her people or family who is with her goes out and searches a particular area and Law Enforcement is out searching areas, and they’ve indicated to be that they are going to undisclosed locations, so it’s like big top secret stuff or something, I don’t know.

TG: Mm-hm

MR:
But nobody’s communicating with each other as to what’s been searched and what hasn’t been searched. And is it possible that we’re all searching the same dale over and over again and not getting a different result. Where if we were all working together, we would be able to say we’ve searched this area, we’ve searched this area, this area is an area of interest, but we don’t have enough people or we need to do more in this area or whatever the case may be. And then we could all be out there searching I the same area and not be afraid to run into each other because, you know, (TG: Mm-hm) tempers are going to start flying and things are going to start being said and we’re going to be distracting ourselves away from what is important which is searching for Dylan.

TG: Well, maybe this is something you can do, you can search, you can, you know, write where you’ve searched, just give it to the police and say “Here is what I’m doing.” Um, have you arranged…(MR Interrupts)

TG:
I’m sorry, go ahead.

MR:
Those wheels are in motion. I have a list of areas that Wendy Kessinger from K-9 forensics team has searched, so that we can share that with Law Enforcement if they’re not already aware of it, cuz she’s pretty good about submitting reports to them about what she’s doing and what she’s not doing or what she finds or what she don’t find.

108:46
TG: So… just what, just one more thing about the chat, uh about the search here. You, do you have an idea how many times you’ve been out, wh, can you give us an idea where you’ve looked, have you found anything, just let’s talk a little bit about the actual searches you go on…yourself.

MR: I haven…
TG: Given…
(Talks over each other)

MR: I personally, I haven’t personally found anything. I have searched around the entire lake (TG: Mm-hmm) several times. Both on foot and looking around in culverts, you know and taking off in little side roads that might go up into a little neck of the woods where people might be up there cutting trees or whatever the case may be, um, and you know I, I, I’ve been up on Middle mountain several times, driving through there, trying to see if there is any particular area that kinda stands out to me. It’s a mile, it’s a road about 10 miles long up into the back country, so I mean it’s very heavily wooded, there’s a little millio.., a million little side cut offs for you know, ATV type vehicles, motorcycles or hiking trails or things like that so there’s, there’s a LOT of land here that we’re talking about to cover. You know, nothing specifically jumps out at me in that but … you know there have been locations throughout, cause right now you can only get so far up (TG: Mm-hm) It wasn’t only until recently that I realized they even had a gate…up there, but th.., at this point in the year there’s still snow up on the higher portion of this road, so they don’t even have the gates open to be able to get up there. Now I do know by communicating with Law Enforcement that they’ve been up there and that’s how I know this, in that, but, you know, I don’t… know exactly where to look, so I get out and I can wander around, and I can look through whatever and I think the canine forensic team covered much more ground, much more quickly with lllless people an it may seem to be more efficient in their abilities. One of..

(MR Appears to take a breath and TG tries a question just as MR speaks again. They talk over each other.)
MR: One of..
TG: Do you search alone?

TG: Oh, I’m sorry, go ahead.

MR: I do. But only on a very limited basis, because there… over the last 6 months I have been threatened, needless to say, an’, you know, at first I kinda, just didn’t take it too seriously, but people that are close to me and they see what’s going on an’ you know, they, they, they, they, real clear, dude, you need to be careful about this cause you get up there in the back country, an’ there ain’t no telling what kind of crazy person is out there (TG: Mmhm) that wants to take you out. And so it, it does hinder my ability to be out there doing as much as I…should be doing, or that I could be, but I don’t think a parent of a missing child can ever do too much. So it doesn’t matter how much you’ve done, it’s still not going to be enough until the day comes when you can bring your child home.

TG:
Right. And so maybe that would be a reason to, uh, you know bring some people with you on a search, I don’t know about the gun laws in , uh, in Colorado, but that might be a good enough reason to bring people with you so you CAN go out and search, so you know these bullies that are out there you, are just, you know, you can just tell them to go straight to Hell. Have you thought about getting a smaller, I know you said you’re organizing a big search, but since you are in fear for your safety, have you thought about getting a smaller group to go out and just carry some rifles when you’re in the back woods. Is that a possibility or no?

MR: Well, an’ that’s what I do when I’m with myself. I mean, I carry a shotgun with me (TG: Mm-hm) (?Just saying again?) I mean we’re in the wilderness, you could run into a bear like the team, the forensic team did in the past couple of days, they came acrost a bear, well you know it could be a bear or mountain lion or coyotes or I don’t know if there’s wolves out there but it’s that kind of country that you would expect that kind of animql to be out there, so there’s a wide variety of wild life that’s out here. They should be concerned about when you start getting out into these… back areas and so certainly, when I go out, I carry a shotgun.

TG:
Well, that’s good. I just want to ask you a question about Brandon. Um, you said that you did not say “Dylan isn’t here, this is stupid”. (MR: That’s right.) Have you talked to him since then? Have you talked to him and said “Hey…”

(Interrupts)
MR: I, I, I’ve never talked to him about that cuz this is the first time I’ve heard that. (TG: Oh, OK) I’ve never heard that before. Now, an’ you know, obviously I talked to Brandon, not every day but, you know, we text each other, Uh, we talk to each other on the phone, um, you know obviously he was in part of the Dr Phil show and so when were weren’t in the studio doing the taping, we were spending time together, with each other having lunch and things like that so um, you know, again, I don’t talk to him on a day to day basis, but you know anytime I feel like there’s something that I think he should be aware of , that he sh- he should have knowledge of, I let him know.

TG: Mmm-K good, so this may be something you can bring up and clear up THAT misconception uh and, and

(Interrupts)
MR:Well, I would love to have that conversation with him because that’s not something he’s ever said to me, and so if he said it to Elaine, then, then he didn’t say it to me. An’ I can’t help but think, being his father, that if I had said something like that he would have said something to me RIGHT away and, and that I would, I would recall that, so I, I, I , I believe that something’s not right here and I certainly will be having that conversation with Brandon and talk to him about I .

TG:
Wonderful! That’s good, that’s, I mean, that will be very helpful.
114:04 What is the last thing you and Dylan talked about.

***There is more that has not been transcribed.***

Error above: "they had like 2350 people out there"
Should have been "they had like 350 people out there"

http://************************/2015/02/feb-22nd-podcast-justice-for-dylan.html
Mark Redwine email to Chelsea Hoffman, sent Feb 13, 2015, as read by Chelsea Hoffman on Feb 22, 2015:
Ms Hoffman: It’s come to my attention my former wife continues to blame me for the death of my son. As I’m disappointed in the lack of progress made in understanding the cause of his death, there’s been no evidence to support a crime has been committed. There are many things my former wife continues to be less than honest about. The question that haunts me is how can a mother hate her husband more than she has ever loved her children? Some believe that you are a sympathizer of Elaine and are not at all interested in Dylan or the truth. Regardless, there is much you don’t seem to know about Elaine. And personally, I don’t feel the need to convince you publicly. I’m asking that you respect Dylan and remember the loving, caring and compassionate person he always will be to those who loved him.

Mark Redwine email to Chelsea Hoffman, sent Feb 21, 2015, in response to her asking what him what he thought happened to Dylan. As read by Chelsea Hoffman, Feb 22, 2015:
Ms Hoffman: As for what I think may have happened, it’s a difficult question to answer. Like most, I have a theory but no evidence to prove it.

What I do know is Elaine has not been truthful about so many things. Dylan has always been very close to me. I raised Dylan for the first five years of his life. He and I shared a very special bond, and went every minute we could together.

It’s true like many fathers today, work kept me away. Every time I came home, it was to spend time with Dylan. He was with me from the time I arrived to the time I had to return. I tell you this because he never showed any signs of being close to his Mother. Although he never complained about her (just the men she was seeing), Dylan did hint he was neglected by her.

Although Dylan never gave me any reason to run away, with the passage of time, I came to understand the conflict between Mom and Dad weighed heavy on his heart.

Mostly, I believe, had Elaine been honest with law enforcement in the beginning, their investigation would have been conducted in a much different and more diligent manner.

Dylan was and still is my life. He means everything to me. The most important thing is finding his remains and laying him to rest. Dylan has always been a very loving and caring person. Dylan was the light of my life and my life was Dylan. I don’t know if I’ll ever get over his loss.

From where I sit, what I see in his Mother isn’t justice for Dylan; it’s justice for Elaine. It’s hard for me to understand with no evidence; how she can accuse me of hurting my son. I question how she seems to know more than anyone else. I can’t prove it, but she is involved. I know she’s capable of being involved.

http://************************/2015/02/feb-22nd-podcast-justice-for-dylan.html
Mark Redwine calling into Chelsea Hoffman’s podcast, Feb 22, 2015:
C: Oh, hello Mark Redwine. Well, we have three minutes left in the show. I’d like to know what you had to say.

M: Well, I mean, you know. I think that I ..I disagree with a lot of what Elaine said, Uhm, I’m certainly not running from her, law enforcement., or anybody else. Uhm, the caller Rodney is probably the reason why the sheriff’s department has added additional patrols to my house. Uhm, You know the bottom line is this isn’t about me, this is about my son. And my son is still missing. And until we find his remains aaand have a better opportunity to determine his cause of death, I think that we’re all talking in circles right now.

C: Do you mind sharing with the listeners Mark, and again I want to let everyone know this is Mark Redwine this is the father of slain child Dylan Redwine. Do you mind sharing what do you think happened to your son, sir?

M: I don’t know what happened to my son. I have absolutely no idea what happened to my son. I have no idea where he is at. Or where his remains are at. What I can tell ya is that he was very much alive when I went to run my errands that I had to do, the morning I… that he disappeared. And he was last seen alive by me. So, you know, I don’t know what else I can say to you people. Obviously the sheriff’s department doesn’t have any evidence to support a crime has been committed or I wouldn’t be sitting talking here talking to you on the phone right now.

C: I understand Mark. And I have another question for you. Have you ever offered to take another polygraph test to clear your name?

M: I’ve not refused to take another polygraph test.

C: Have you ever offered?

M: I haven’t offered, no.

C: Do you think, do you not agree it would clear your name if you offered and took to another, an attempt, to take a lie detector test?

M: Well, I don’t know that I do agree with that, to be honest with you, Chelsea. I think that you know that taking a polygraph is only a tool that used by law enforcement and in my opinion that ship has sailed.

C: Okay, I guess we can agree to that and it is only a tool and it is not admissible in court. I only have 30 seconds left in the show so I want to thank you for calling and the next time I do the show I want to invite you to come back and talk.

M: Uhm, well, I’ll be honest with you Chelsea I’m not sure this is the proper for this kind of thing but the you know fact is I very much care about my son and I very much wants to know where he is, because if anything, he deserves to be laid to rest. And I’m a firm believer in that. And I don’t think until we get to that point anyone should be out there pointing fingers at anybody. But that’s my opinion.

C: Well, I want to thank you for calling in. Have a good night.

M: Bye.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back