trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clue Finder 55's excellent #1084 long list of the evidence against Jodi illustrates the challenge JM will have in rebuttal/closing in winnowing the huge evidence of guilt down to a "presentable" size. Unlike the defense, he's got a "too much of a good thing" problem, while the DT has a "will this assertion pass the laugh test" problem.

As much as I hate to say it, I think I would rather hear Nurmi. I think yesterday was the angriest I have been, during this trial, because of Willmott and the Dr.
Willmott really pisses me off and if I have to listen to that Dr. search through his damn notes again today I am going to totally lose it.
Yesterday I had to go outside to smoke and pace.....so I could calm down.

Ok, one before :eek:fftobed:

I'd really like to see those greeting cards. What kind were they? Why do I get the feeling a Valentine's day card may have been one? JMO

Me too ... maybe Arias will get a "Welcome to ASDC Perryville" card after she's convicted of 1st degree premeditated murder.

Here's a hint: By the time this trial is finished ALL the jurors will be retired, The judge is going to be having difficulty hearing all of the objections due to hearing aid technical difficulties, the DT will probably be on their third round of attorneys due to others retiring and JM, in his fearless commitment to seeking justice for a victim who was brutally murdered, will be utilizing a walker with wheels to get move around the courtroom.:rocker:

ITA, poor jurors..........

Hi everyone,
Sorry I did not get look at the conversation with Jodi & the M lady-(the lady that came over to Jodi yesterday while they were in a looong sidebar last night,but I am doing it now

Does Jodi know someone name Jeff?
I will post what I find in a few,its hard b/c Jodi is talking really fast but I did make out a few things things

I was trying to lip-read her too and I think she was saying Jennifer not Jeff, as in Wilmott.

ETA: I first noticed her use a word with a clear 'f' immediately befpore the long sidebar and she appeared to be calling to Wilmott who was already scuttling to the bench.

Absolutely. JA is a manipulative predator. People like her seek out people like Travis.

Jodi Arias is evil personified. Notice how Martinez doesn't even refer to her by her name and addresses her as Ma'am! So Martinez knows this and in case anyone forgets he is the ONLY one that speaks for the victim.

Travis Alexanders name had been dragged through the mud and been subjected to scandalous unfounded accusations of being a pedophile, a rapist and a violent bully.... NONE of which has been substantiated by ANY other means other than this killers' testimony.

Martinez speaks for the victim when he attacks her lies and vile scenarios that have absolutely no foundation in fact. One can only hope the jury has seen through the multiple-changed story and ridiculous progression of lies and deception she's spewing.

Clue Finder 55's excellent #1084 long list of the evidence against Jodi illustrates the challenge JM will have in rebuttal/closing in winnowing the huge evidence of guilt down to a "presentable" size. Unlike the defense, he's got a "too much of a good thing" problem, while the DT has a "will this assertion pass the laugh test" problem.

It was an excellent post. One item that has always bothered me - assuming it was ninjas or self defense - why JA never called 911. Of course we all know it was premeditated murder. Is the doctor know it all still on the stand today?

No, he was hired by the defense to reach a forgone conclusion, JMO, that she suffers from PTSD and the loss of brain fonction. Therefore the temporary loss of memories makes complete sense. :rolleyes:

He didn't seem to do a very good job of it either. I mean most defense witness' at least can make their guano look professional. This guy failed miserably at even trying to do that. JMO

BBM

Perhaps he should have readministered that test.

Seriously, Juan didn't just toast him he disintegrated him. This guy was not pro defense, he was pro Jodi and there's a big difference there. JMO

"fonction" LOL!! I caught that :)

The way I, as a layperson, understand PTSD is because the sufferer constantly relives the trauma. So if Jodi has amnesia, how can she have PTSD? Either she's lying about the amnesia or the PTSD.

No way to ever know, because Jodi constantly lies about everything.

IMO, Jodi remembers every single gory detail but will never tell because it's a mechanism of control. She knows exactly what no one else does and gets a thrill out of the speculation.

I am no expert either but I have been diagnosed. From what I understand (from my own journey) the intrusions (flashbacks, memories, "dreams", visions) manifest themselves at different times in my life usually for different reasons. For example the event that caused my trauma occured in Michigan. I had moved to NY after that and lived there for many years. I moved BACK to Michigan and began to have the "dreams" of what happened to me again. I think the triggers are different for everyone.

Maybe someone who is a trained professional can state it better than I can...

I was trying to lip-read her too and I think she was saying Jennifer not Jeff, as in Wilmott.

ETA: I first noticed her use a word with a clear 'f' immediately befpore the long sidebar and she appeared to be calling to Wilmott who was already scuttling to the bench.

Your right -it is Jennifer!Thanks

Oh, I don't think the photos were his idea at all. He was half asleep in the first couple. No, I think she already had his camera in hand ready to go when he woke up.

Again, I think he did it to appease her, always planning to delete them after the fact. The fact that they were on HIS camera only made him more comfortable with the idea.

At that point, she wasn't really as worried about leaving less evidence. She still thought she had a chance to win him back and go to Cancun.

I think he probably thought photos were ok if they were on his camera and under his control so that she wouldn't be able to blackmail him like she probably did with the phone sex tape.

Hi everyone,
Sorry I did not get look at the conversation with Jodi & the M lady-(the lady that came over to Jodi yesterday while they were in a looong sidebar last night,but I am doing it now

Does Jodi know someone name Jeff?
I will post what I find in a few,its hard b/c Jodi is talking really fast but I did make out a few things things

Thanks

I have been MIA for a few days.
How long does this trial expected to last before jury goes for verdict?
TIA

Not sure. Two to three weeks perhaps? The defense has to go through with their experts, then rebuttal from the prosecution, then finally closing arguments.

JM will probably hammer home the fact that JA lied to AL (Arias admitted to this) so her evaluation is based on lies.

AL's evaulation also would have relied heavily on Samuels diagnoses and the rationale for them. By the time JA spoke to AL, she'd already set the foundations for all her lies and was just elaborating on them.

Not sure. Two to three weeks perhaps? The defense has to go through with their experts, then rebuttal from the prosecution, then finally closing arguments.

I wish they would skip all the so called expert witnesses and go straight to
the jury to decide DP for JA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members