trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to hear that you've suffered also. I guess I thought he was making a mockery out of the entire domestic abuse scenario, but if he does bring it around how it pertains to the case, I will be fine with it. I am still prickly about it. And this case brings it all back out of me sometimes.

I wish you love and luck my dear. :)

Time heals... it has me, though I still deal with a lot of emotional remnants. Some I will never get over. But I am happier than I've ever been in my life... and I wish that for you. It will come. I promise that. <3 <3 <3

Why is she a joke for not wanting her presentation misrepresented? I'm pro-Juan usually but I'm going against the grain of the board here. I think he is not doing well today. At all.

And you have a right to your opinion of course but this is the best cross he has done to date IMO.

imo

I saw the same thing on this feed:
http://www.azcentral.com/live/?event=040413-jodi-arias-trial

One of the clerks was talking to #5, courtroom had all but emptied out, looked like the clerk was discussing with #5 possibly how to get out of courthouse without all the fuss she's going to get by people.

Saw a lady in orange hand #5 a note. She glanced at it but didn't discuss note with clerk.

Also saw Jodi whispering with Nurmi. Hope one of our sweet lip readers saw all of this action.

Also saw Nurmi give ALV a hug on her way out.

Isn't #5 considered just another citizen now that she has been dismissed from the jury? Why would taking a note from someone be wrong? Not being snarky, I really don't know if there are things she's forbidden to do or not.

ETA-asking because some others have mentioned it as if it were wrong

why didnt JM just say YES IM MAD based on only the word of the killer you TRASHED the real victim here!! i wish he would have said that or something like that.

I am sure he would have loved to, but the DEF would have objected and tried to use that statement on grounds of appeal. We all know he is mad, and he is just starting on her.

Maybe she's waiting so everyone else can leave and then she can walk out in peace.

IMO~~

If Juror #5 wanted peace, she would not have put herself so obviously right in the middle of the fray. There are many other ways to see the trial besides being in the court room. Juror #5 is obviously (to me anyway) needing up close and personal observations.

Y'all can read her snow white presentation online....downloadable PDF and everything....
Just Google it.
This is why I and a few others here scoffed (and dreaded) her testimony.....

Juan is handling it perfectly.

ETA: also remember...as a prosecutor, it is his job to discredit an expert witness from the defense line up....and that is his strategy right now.

I believe what JM is getting at is that you can take any set of circumstances and make it fit into her criteria of a battered woman. ALV considered Jodi as abused because ALV decided Jodi was in a committed relationship with Travis and he was cheating on her. Whereas if Travis were able to testify he would say he was not committed to Jodi and was trying to move on but she made it difficult for him to do so. That he did care for her but did not feel she was wife material because of her behavior. You can like/love someone and still not be okay with some of the things they do. Jodi refused to give up and exhibits that behavior by moving to Mesa, getting closer and closer to him with every move. She was not committed to Mesa because she did not have a home there nor a regular job. But she continued to stay. Obviously if Travis wanted her to stay he could have let her move in with him when his roommate left. He did not want her there. He wanted to move on.

Why would ALV ever use Snow White as an example for her speech when she just said Snow White wasn't a battered woman. If ALV doesn't get it by now she will by Monday.

:blushing:Well, I hate to say it but I thought Snow White had a cute little cottage too.

Those sweet lil' dwarfs loved her! My kids would be crushed if they thought Snow White was abused! :giggle: leave it to Alyce to distort a Disney Classic. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500