trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for thoughtful snark from jurors. Please some juror, please ask if Jodi was not allowed alone with Darryl's child. Why defense is bringing up Darryl's child? Has Jodi ever harmed a child? animal? started fires? bed wetter?

:seeya: Good Afternoon Y'All !

:great: Another week closer to Justice for Travis !

:great: Finally jury questions this afternoon !

YAY!! Jury questions!!

tumblr_le5q0lh2xw1qbq7ok.gif

Let there be light at the end of the tunnel!!!!
Happy juror question day!!

:seeya: I am new here too. I so enjoy your conversations. I can not tell you how many times I have been reading here late into the night and started to giggle out loud at the observations. As someone that suffers from clinical depression that does not happen much. I must say one of the best days was when you all talked about the nude pics and so many things were talked about by referring to vegetables and fruits. Hope nobody got a time out but, it gave this girl a much needed laugh. Thanks for all the great insight in this trial.

But want to ask the opinion of others since it was talked about again today. When they play the “sex tape” did you notice that everytime Travis says what he wants “to do to her” or “with her”, she always say," What?”, “What did you say?”. She always wants him to repeat those parts, everytime throughout the whole recording. She was setting him up even at that time. What do you think?

Hi all. Registered today after seeing a call-out to lurkers to join. I'm very obedient. :angel:

Doubt I'll post much because I'm not a chatty cathy, but I'll at least post my opinion of this case. I caught it first on TruTV and got so obsessed with it I found an on-line stream and went in search of a forum to see what others were saying. Initially I wondered what terrible, horrific thing TA did to her to drive her to slaughter him. I was certain he had to have done something really horrific to warrant that kind of overkill. I know better now.

If I were on the jury I would vote Murder 1 and in the guilt phase I would vote for death. Not an act I could carry out myself, but I would vote that way and thank the universe there are people who can do that.

Did I miss anything this AM ? I live in Minnesota and I started to listen, but muted, then decided I would rather go shovel 2 feet of snow instead. The snow was the lesser of two evils

Welcome y'all! :wagon:

Sewroses, you missed horrible Travis bashing. Shoveling snow was definitely the lesser of two evils!

Please please please....may there be one snarky question.....

Someone earlier asked about Naps:

Travis Alexander's dog, Napoleon has been with friend Deanna Reid since Travis's murder, which is what Travis wanted. Travis loved and spoiled this dog. He is now going deaf and blind. ** THIS PIC IS BROUGHT TO YOU COURTESY OF THE STATE VS JODI ARIAS-TRAVIS ALEXANDER MURDER TRIAL PAGE**

This is supposed to be a recent piccie of naps.

naps.jpg

MOO

Mel

I knew I had read this in the minutes at one point, but couldn't find it again. Now I have, and I'm hoping one of the attorneys is here to translate. Because the way I interpret it, this has been done over and over by ALV.

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008-031021-001 DT 08/15/2011
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 4
The Court has received and reviewed State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Defense
Experts from Testifying regarding Victims Sexual Indiscretion, Defense Response and for the
reasons stated on the record,
IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude.

Perhaps we will know when the DT walks out, their poker faces have left the building, imho, on what the jurors asked. Snark, please!

Dream Snark Question:

1. Have YOU seen the autopsy photos? We have.

I guess I'm not as tough as some as you are because I had to walk away this morning.....I couldn't mentally tolerate the verbal assassination of Travis anymore. I HOPE this afternoon turns around. Must find my happy place and regroup!

I think we'll know for sure if Juror #5 was the one asking prior questions by the tone/subject of the upcoming questions..... Maybe?

Don't understand how they can censor the juror questions.

Unless they are totally inappropriate or digs at the witness, why aren't they all allowed? After all, they are questions from the people who ARE decided it's fate.

:what: That is truly disturbing. With today's technology it would seem that she cannot be muzzled!

I think you're right.

Didn't Scott Peterson write blog posts from death row? I know Debra Milke also has a blog, webpage, and facebook account from death row in AZ. And what's her name...oh, yeah - Sara Pender was writing a book from prison and had a blog, too.

::Shaking my head:: Thought prison was punishment

I guess I'm not as tough as some as you are because I had to walk away this morning.....I couldn't mentally tolerate the verbal assassination of Travis anymore. I HOPE this afternoon turns around. Must find my happy place and regroup!

I really think the Travis bashing is over Denense witness wise.

The worst is in the rear view, justice is up ahead.

I knew I had read this in the minutes at one point, but couldn't find it again. Now I have, and I'm hoping one of the attorneys is here to translate. Because the way I interpret it, this has been done over and over by ALV.

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008-031021-001 DT 08/15/2011
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 4
The Court has received and reviewed State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Defense
Experts from Testifying regarding Victims Sexual Indiscretion, Defense Response and for the
reasons stated on the record,
IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude.

This essentially says that the State moved to have any evidence of Mr. Alexander's alleged sexual naughtiness excluded from the trial. The court granted that request. I am not sure then, how ALV managed to testify at length about his sex life making him a bad person. Sigh...Judge Stephens... <snipped by me in advance!>

Dream Snark Question:

1. Have YOU seen the autopsy photos? We have.

OK... I know I've lost my sanity when I actually scroll back looking for a poster named "Dream Snark"

:floorlaugh:

I wonder if Juan can use that during the penalty phase when showing how much of a poison JA is to society. "
THIS is what kind of message the <self mod-snip> defendant was broadcasting throughout the trial, ladies and gentleman, while she was on trial for her life... insulting the prosecutor, the media, and whining about ebay,"

Well, it's good to see Donovan is making itself useful. I wonder how useful Donovon and JA's other minions were making themselves around the time of the theft at the prosecution's witnesses' home.

JA whines about not having a chance to say much?? She better get it all out before that needle gets put in her arm.

I was not able to watch any of the trial today (yet) and understand from reading some posts here that ALV and JW have singlehandedly attempted to turn a good human being who was butchered beyond belief into something he was not.

How ALV and JW sleep at night is something I'll never understand. Especially JW, since she has seen all the evidence in this case. ALV claims she hasn't.

This phrase is from another website:

Ms. LaViolette is now a national public figure.

IMO that is exactly what ALV was hoping to happen. She succeeded. The fact that she dragged a murder victim and his family through the sewer to achieve it is obviously not a concern of hers. (narcissism)

As for her career, I wonder where it will end up. If JA is convicted and gets the DP, ALV will ride her coattails and be the new national public figure against the DP. If JA is convicted and gets LWOP, ALV will ride her coattails and continue to insist ad nauseum that JA was a victim of domestic violence. If JA walks, ALV did the job she was paid to do. In all 3 scenarios ALV wins. :furious:

I can't help but wonder how many innocent children's lives she has ruined while practising her version of domestic violence (it's always the men who are violent). I can't help but wonder how many salvageable marriages she has destroyed. She is a disgrace to her profession and should never again be able to practise her particular form of witchcraft. I won't comment on her past career of DV counselling because IMO its entirely likely that she destroyed as many lives as she helped. That's nothing to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda