trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't feel sorry for Wilmot. Surely she knew when she become a DA what kind of cases she'd be taking on board? And the main reason I disrespect her is not because she is representing JA but how she is doing it. The snipes, the number of approaches because she doesn't seem to know how to object properly, the BFFing with JA, the questions of Dr D yesterday, the disrespecting of people with PTSD, DV and most of all the way they have talked about Travis and his family is unforgiveable. These are the things that bother me about her. If she presented a 'fair' case, I may even have a shred of gruding respect for her.

You summed that up very nicely. Thanks!

Ihavenoclue,

one way JW demonstrated her iffy knowledge of the area she is cross examining Dr. D. about is when she brought up Lenore Walker. Lenore Walker is the person who basically invented/created the test to determine if someone may suffer from Battered Women Syndrome.

The test she devised had six criteria (IIRC). Dr. D. relied upon theis test among others when evaluating JA.

JW thought she had a Perry Mason moment when she informed Dr. D. that the test had recently been revised by the esteemed Walker and no longer contained those six criteria as the indicators. This suggested that young, inexperienced Dr. D. does not know what she is doing and that ALV is the superior expert.

Lenore Walker was on NG last night and stated in no uncertain terms that she

a) still uses the six criteria, and
b) she does not see battered women syndrome in the case of Jodi Arias

Someone will correct me if I have it wrong but that is the way I understood it.

I bet Dr. D's phone blew up by friends/co-workers after NG had LW on her show.

I just found out my grandma is watching this trial!

I saw her comment on the JM - Prosecutor support facebook page!

Surprise, surprise, surprise, Call her up and get her posting here!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Anyone want to take a wild quests at what Nurmi will call a mistrial on today?
I will go with " our DT does not do their homework, and is getting boomeranged at ever turn by the witness, your honor its just not fair."

Or " our defendant doesn't like being here, it's giving her headaches and anxiety"

I like those reasons but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a connection between Juan,DD and LWs statement on NG last night:moo:

Addicted to this trial-yes
Addicted to websleuths- definitely
I'm on here and have personal possessions floating around my basement in flood water.:facepalm: time to go fishin, still gonna watch on tv, don't want to go into withdrawl:seeya:

Even if a memory card was put into another camera and by some chance the formats were compatible, it is my understanding that the digital fingerprint on the image identifies what kind of camera took it. That never changes. I believe the experts have determined that the photos were taken by the Sony.

BBM
Is that also true if you only have the thumbnail images - is the exif data also attached to those?

I hope there's testimony today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking with my girlfriend last night and she said, "Wow - Alyce must be pizzed". I asked her you mean Willmot??. No, she explained how Alyce must feel betrayed by her mentor's appearance on NG last night.
I was only thinking about Willmott, but she's right - Alyce's opinion was based on Lenore's teachings, and they disagree. That can't help Alyce's reputation any more than her testy remarks to Juan, and her bias towards JA. I'm thinking Alyce is going to follow JA right down that drain.
The death of JA's body, and ALV's career. Good riddance IMO.

I just found out my grandma is watching this trial!

I saw her comment on the JM - Prosecutor support facebook page!

lol, too funny. Talk about a WWW small world moment.

Juror Question #1: Dr. DeMarte, thank you for being so clear, concise and thorough with your answers. They way you have explained very difficult topics within your field of expertise is so refreshing.

Now, my question is...has anyone ever told you that your face and eyes make you a spitting image of a brunette version of Heather Locklear?

It has been painful trying to listen to Wilmott's cross the last day and a half. Not that I expected anything else.

I don't mind a good strong defense attorney, it's actually interesting watching them present, and I'm not even mad that she is going after Dr. D. about her age and experience... that's all part of taking down a witness... but I absolutely can't get past the snotty banter in her voice.

She comes across very poorly... instead of sounding like a prepared professional who is driving home a point, she sounds like an annoyed teenager who is quarreling with her sister. All the while, Nurmi is chuckling at the table. I was particularly turned off yesterday by their demeanor during court. You can be smart and firm without acting like that.
She has nothing so she is trying to make a mountain out of gnat dung. JMOO, of course

It will be interesting to see how Jennifer handles her gaffe today. Will she own up to it or allow it to embarrassingly be brought up in redirect? I was reading about the Fallater case and Martinez made a similar mistake regarding Fallater's wife's date of birth. He was trying to nail him but he'd gotten her birthday wrong and Fallater knew it. The next day Martinez owned up to it and admitted he'd made an error. Probably embarrassing, but probably better he bring it up than allow the other attorney to bring it up and make him look foolish and uninformed.

I wonder what Nurmi thought when he watched NG last night :floorlaugh:

O/T ~ Gotta love HLN Morning Express:

He yabbers about the trial, then jumps to medical marijuana. :what:

:princes:
does the news and has hand on hip never saw news like that till now...

It will be interesting to see how Jennifer handles her gaffe today. Will she own up to it or allow it to embarrassingly be brought up in redirect? I was reading about the Fallater case and Martinez made a similar mistake regarding Fallater's wife's date of birth. He was trying to nail him but he'd gotten her birthday wrong and Fallater knew it. The next day Martinez owned up to it and admitted he'd made an error. Probably embarrassing, but probably better he bring it up than allow the other attorney to bring it up and make him look foolish and uninformed.

I agree. Just like how the DT had to preemptively tackle the issue of RS bartering his services for dental work, before JM got a hold of him.

I wonder what Nurmi thought when he watched NG last night :floorlaugh:

I bet the defense lawyers are still working 20 hour days.

After this trial ends, KN will probably have enough money to take off the rest of the year.

one thing that's bugged me since it happened was that little tidbit RS threw out there about jodi having a knife held to her throat when she was 13.

where the hell did that come from? i guess it's just going to hang out there and not be addressed again but it's stuck in my head.
Did RS say that story came from JA or her brother? I can't recall at the moment.

I call BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member