trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found fascinating about Dr. DeMarte's testimony is that she described to a "T" every characteristic that JA demonstrates. Her mimicry and assimilating to those around her to fit in has got to be going on in jail now. When she moves to the BIG house, it is only going to get worse.

If she is found guilty of anything less than LWOP, she will be an immediate threat to society once paroled. Not that she isn't already, but it will be worse. I hope the jury gets that. JMV

This (and other things) makes me really again wonder if most of this 'relationship' was all in JAs imagination.

I thought this was around the time they were supposedly (according to JA) 'official' (whatever that means).

I suspect TA never did consider JA his girlfriend at any point in their relationship. But I could be forgetting evidence that *he* thought she was his girlfriend. It certainly wasn't this particular Valentines, and I thought that was the timeframe JA claims they were 'official'.
Chester, you gotta a good point there.

Jody has said repeatedly since Travis' death, "officially a couple" during a certain 5 month (?) period. Dates/months anyone?

Does "officially a couple" mean no "dating others" during that period?

My real question:
Has any of Travis' friends, acquaintances, business associates, church members, etc. said Travis said he & Jodi were "officially a couple" (in the sense that they both agreed not to date anyone else)?
In MSM interviews? (Link pls. or name?)
On the witness stand? (Link pls. or name?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- -- - - - -----------------------
As far as I can tell, to Jodi, "officially a couple" meant:
---She could start or continue sexual activity of any sort w. anyone.
---Travis was not allowed to talk, text, email, IM, or be in the presence of any breathing female, between ages 15 to 65, for any reason at all. Or think about same. :banghead:

Can someone please expain for me why they keep talking about Jodi possibly having PTSD? What is the signifigance? I personally could care less if she is depressed/anxious AFTER she murdered Travis. I suppose I'd be screwed up too if I butchered someone like that. If I were on that jury, all I would care about is what happened the day of the crime. Who cares about how SHE feels afterwards!!!

Other than Nurmi, no one.:floorlaugh: Funny I posted the same thing a few mins. ago.

Casey Anthony is why.

Ahhhhhhh..........but this is Arizona. We'll have to see how the Jhessye Shockley murder is handled if you want to do a comparison. That should be coming up in a few months. There's more elements closer to CA than JA's case. Mother kills daughter, blames kidnapping, forensics and statements by her other children say otherwise, over 30 days of CSI looking in a landfill, no body..sounds like a case for Baez, oops, he's not licensed in Arizona.

Casey Anthony is why.
I'm willing to let the process play out and hope the jury gets it right. That said, if she is found guilty of second degree murder, the presumptive sentence in Arizona is 16 years, with 10 years being the minimum and 22 years the max. I can't imagine JSS would sentence Jodi to anything less than the max given the brutality of the crime. Still, Jodi would get credit for time served--almost five years at this point. Even with the 2nd degree max, she could be out in 17 years. Doesn't sit right with many folks.

Oh no. Did Dr. Horn suggest that on the stand? :eek:hwow:

O God. I'm so embarrassed. It was said on HLN. :blushing: It was very convincing.
Anyway, I'll attach the autopsy report.
ETA: I think it was implied that this aspect of the murder wasn't emphasized because they're saving it for the penalty phase - to show cruelty for DP

Attachments

• jodi_arias-redactedtravisautopsy.pdf
    438.6 KB · Views: 75
I've been really busy and don't have much time to read posts today. I did see a few posts regarding Juans current rebuttal witness list, though I haven't seen it. Anyone kind enough to post it if you know? TIA

... which again goes to disprove her fog story after the killing! Not only did she have the 'wherewithal' to delete multiple photos taken that day, but she was able to select those that incriminated her and leave the ones taken by Travis on a previous day.

To me, that also shows that she was not sure, and did not care, whether the card would be ruined or not. She was only interested in washing off all her DNA.

Jumping off your post. There were pics that were not recovered by the forensic crime lab. IIRC, the detective did not say where the deleted pics were in the sequence. Could the camera have been on auto shoot so pics were taken at regular intervals, only not recoverable?

We already have half the battle. She admits she did it.. We are only in trial to decide why. I think they have proved beyond a reasonable doubt already that she premeditated it and was not in a fog. But When JM adds the receipt in for from the gas stations that shows it was gas and the walmart person who explains policy and maybe the hughes who explain the emails..

She is done. I don't know about the DP but I think she walks out of that courtroom with life, at least.

I never followed that trial, GoAskAllie. I am glad you got to watch a good defense team work.

I really do admire good lawyers, prosecution or defense. Win the case or lose it really doesn't matter to me, as far as admiring and respecting the lawyer.

I highly recommend the Academy Award winning documentary

Murder on a Sunday Morning

It will make you believe in (some) defense attorneys and realize good ones exist for a reason.

I posted this weeks ago (I know, terrible to quote myself) but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

earlier post..

Two of the top topics in the world today guaranteed to get a gut reaction from people....domestic violence (abused women) and sexual child abuse. She chose to use both trying to gain sympathy for her act. Perhaps she hoped some battered women's groups or child advocates would fight on her behalf.

"After all who would stand up and publically declare that they had no sympathy for an abused woman or that they didn't see anything wrong with using pictures of young boys for self-gratification. She wanted the jury predisposed to take her side and wanted them disgusted by TA.

Fortunately it seems that she couldn't lie, insinuate, or act well enough to carry it off."

Re the sentence I highlighted in red...

I wonder if the defense team were hoping for more support in the public and media due to TA being accused of such horrible acts as pedophillia and abuse? Did they hope a public outcry in favour of this poor battered woman? Did they expect the jury to have instant sympathy for JA and ignore the actual facts of this case?.

I think she took so many pictures of herself because

a) she's somewhat of a naricssist (duh)

b) it goes to that no sense of self-identity thing that Dr D talked about. She didn't exist from the inside out if that makes sense so in order to have a sense of her own existance she had to look at herself from the outside.

It was only the image that counted, because that's all there is to her. No soul. No identity. No sense of self.
Agree with your comments regarding why she took so many pics of herself. My original point had more to do with her familiarity/experience with cameras--tons of practice.

I highly recommend the Academy Award winning documentary

Murder on a Sunday Morning

It will make you believe in (some) defense attorneys and realize good ones exist for a reason.

Thank you kindly for the tip. I'll look for it.

Ahhhhhhh..........but this is Arizona. We'll have to see how the Jhessye Shockley murder is handled if you want to do a comparison. That should be coming up in a few months. There's more elements closer to CA than JA's case. Mother kills daughter, blames kidnapping, forensics and statements by her other children say otherwise, over 30 days of CSI looking in a landfill, no body..sounds like a case for Baez, oops, he's not licensed in Arizona.

I'll have to look into that case. I just reference KC because so many people were confident it was a slam dunk, and were blown away by the verdict. It leaves people afraid that the jury isn't putting the pieces together. I followed the entire KC trial and watched the verdict read. That's some PTSD right there!

I don't understand why anyone is afraid that JA will be released back into society. She isn't going anywhere but prison and for at least the next few decades at a minimum. That's the minimum, folks--that's if the jury convicts her of something less than first degree murder.

Most likely she'll be in prison for the rest of her life. She is not a danger to any of us. She is not a danger to anyone's children nor grandchildren. She is going nowhere without handcuffs on her wrists and chains around her feet.

The fearmongering must be some form of entertainment akin to telling ghost stories around a campfire because there's nothing to it but imagination and fantasy that this one woman in AZ is going to be coming to "git you." :floorlaugh:

I am CONCERNED SHE WILL ESCAPE PRISON!!! She is VERY MUCH LIKE TED BUNDY. Anne Rule said if ted were not executed he would have escaped again and kill again. I think Jodi will also try to get others in Prison too!!! She has already gone after others since there and if she got 20 years she would get out in about 10 to 15 due to time served. she would be 40+ by then and free to kill again!!!!

Seeing as her family was in the restaurant business for many years. It could have been a professional knife that was brought home from the closed business. My family had a restaurant and we often brought things home simply because they were of better quality.Just another idea:moo:

I believe it had to be some sort of tactical knife.

Even the biggest and best butcher knife is made for slicing, not stabbing. There is no guard to keep your hand from slipping down the blade and getting sliced if you are stabbing something. (A lot of people who stab someone violently and repeatedly have hands that are all sliced up. Once that knife gets slippery with blood it's hard to hold onto)

A tactical or hunting knife, something made more for stabbing would have a good guard (there is a specific name for that piece, don't remember it) and would have prevented her hands from being shredded.

Not that it really matters, knife = knife, premeditation = premeditation

She did really good clean up considering the fog.... ;)

Especially seeing as no one knows what the scene looked like before her cleanup. I mean realistically considering what happened and all the blood involved they only found one single palm print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member