Trial Discussion Thread #13 - 14.03.25, Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I hadn't caught until just now was that OP claims in his affidavit that he yelled twice at RS to "call the police", in 16.10 and 16.13. That seems odd to me, why would he have to tell her again?

Ugh. stupid question I asked and now deleted because I realized what you're saying

How do you think they'll reconcile the shots heard by the Stipps?

6 shots - all gunshots?

Who the heck knows, as long as we have some type of answer!! I am anxiously waiting and cannot live the rest of my life wondering about these two sets of bangs :crosseyed:

It could be. That pending lawsuit had been going on for a while. Whatever it was, Reeva said to him:

"Your health and future monetary blessings far outweigh this hurdle I can promise you that"

So it has something to do with money and she insinuates that his health is more important than worrying over it.

Follow the ego or the money: The lawsuit by Cassidy Taylor-Memmory, for the angry door breaking on Sept 12 2009, is one possibility.

Wasn't Sam Taylor, recent ex-girlfriend, also about to do some tell-all to a magazine? Then she shelved that perhaps damaging story, "he's not who you think he is", after Steenkamp was killed. A profile might have been bad for his 'idol' image, and sponsors hate being tarnished by character flaws around greatly expensive brand campaigns.

Or something else about sponsorship.

I just finished my day 15 post, if you want to check it out! With only a few hours to spare before the next court day :)

Going thru all of those call/texts times was actually far more revealing than you think. I uncovered a few nuggets. This is a long post, so bear with me.

Some texts from February 13 read in testimony

12:12pm
RS: Baba I hope you don’t mind but I came back to the house to work and do some washing. It will help me a lot to get stuff done and relieve some stress. I’ll go through to Jo’burg at like 3pm. *advertiser censored*

13:10pm
RS: It’s a difficult thing to try to console you baba because it’s a ****** thing and you’re a nice guy. I guess these things happen and we can just hope they work out for the best. You are an amazing person with so many blessings and you are more than cared for. Your health and future monetary blessings far outweigh this hurdle I can promise you that 
OP: Thank you so much my angel you don’t have to. X Stay tonight if you would like.

15:21pm
OP: I’m just finishing off at Ryan(?)
RS: Thank you baba let me know if you’d like to spend time with him or Carl. I’m sure you maybe feel like some family tonight.

15:46
RS: Angel I’m going to go home at like 6pm. Please stay and do whatever it was you were gonna do
= OP ?!?

A little mistake? :smile:

It could be. That pending lawsuit had been going on for a while. Whatever it was, Reeva said to him:

"Your health and future monetary blessings far outweigh this hurdle I can promise you that"

So it has something to do with money and she insinuates that his health is more important than worrying over it.

Maybe his agent had told that him he was past his peak and time to start thinking about getting on with other endeavours instead of training for races he would likely never win?

The only actual stuff of possible note that I've found so far was on Wikipedia:

On 9 October 2012, Pistorius appeared on the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.[136] He was also scheduled to appear on Piers Morgan Tonight and the Larry King Now show at later dates.[137]

Pistorius was scheduled as an amateur golfer in the 2012 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship held at St Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns in Scotland. Pistorius has a 21 handicap in South Africa, but played off an 18 handicap for the Championship.[140]

Maybe Piers and/or Larry didn't want him?
Or maybe he wanted to go pro golf and didn't qualify? I'm totally speculating btw...

OT, for anyone that was wondering:

Pistorius has two visible tattoos. The dates of his mother's birth and death ("LVIII V VIII – II III VI" – 8 May 1958 – 6 March 2002) are tattooed on the inside of his right arm.[13] The other tattoo, which is on his back, is the Bible verse 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 which begins, "I do not run like a man running aimlessly."[128]

A little mistake? :smile:

No, but good thought! I listened to that part of testimony about 4 different times to make sure I had it right and Moller stated that it was an "outgoing message from the deceased's phone"

Notice the message says I'm going to "go" home... rather than I'm going to "be" home.

And then sure enough, her phone was pinging from another tower as of 5:45pm, so she had left his house.

No, but good thought! I listened to that part of testimony about 4 different times to make sure I had it right and Moller stated that it was an "outgoing message from the deceased's phone"

And then sure enough, her phone was pinging from another tower as of 5:45pm, so she had left his house.

I thought that message was from Oscar?

Originally Posted by zwiebel

OP: Thank you so much my Angel. Stay tonight if u like

OP: I'm just finishing off at Ryan's

R: Thanks. Let me know if you want to spend time with ??? Or Carl. Sure you want to spend time with family.

OP: I'm going home. Please stay and do whatever you were going to do.

Not all verbatim. Missed bits of texts.

This is why I thought that (no offense zwiebel)

This is why I thought that (no offense zwiebel)

Yea, I can totally understand how this stuff is easy to mix up. When I was listening to it originally it was the middle of the night and I was blurry eyed. Plus it goes so fast. If I was transcribing, it would probably read like Hebrew :floorlaugh:

When I go back and listen to it during the day, and am able to pause and take notes, I often catch so many new things. I couldn't believe how much better day 15 was after I really put it all down on paper. There is some good stuff in that data!

Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 18 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thread-closed-nex-gene4jx2_zps18e933f5.gif

Yea, I can totally understand how this stuff is easy to mix up. When I was listening to it originally it was the middle of the night and I was blurry eyed. Plus it goes so fast. If I was transcribing, it would probably read like Hebrew :floorlaugh:

When I go back and listen to it during the day, and am able to pause and take notes, I often catch so many new things. I couldn't believe how much better day 15 was after I really put it all down on paper. There is some good stuff in that data!

That was a very good catch. I seriously would have continued thinking that OP said this if you had not told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member