Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expanding on my post from the previous thread... Here are some other little things that jumped out at me from the day 15 data discussion...

Roux wants to show that Reeva had an interest in cars, along with Oscar. He mentions her browsing history, emails, etc that show this interest.

I think this is important because when Nel was presenting the iPad evidence, one of the links that came up in Oscar’s browsing history had to do with cars. Oscar’s expression in the dock was very peculiar. Nel was very vague and Roux barely wanted to cross examine on this – his only question to the expert, Michael Sales, was whether or not he knew who was using the iPad at the time. There is something that they found on that iPad that is not good for Oscar.

Next... Reeva's last GPRS activity...

At 20:04:00 – GPRS connection for 17 seconds

At 20:04:17 – The last GPRS of the day – 41,029 seconds (over 11 hours)

Moller reminds the Judge that if she would like to see the content of those GPRS connections (potentially WhatsApp chats) all she has to do is look back at the data downloads that he provided yesterday to see what the specific content was for those times. Nel specifically asked Moller to point this out to her. He wants her to see what Reeva was doing during those GPRS sessions.

They will most likely milk his time up there.. knowing he comes off as a "sweet, innocent, attractive, huggable guy."

SALINGER in the HOUSE!!! oh!! (smile) All the heavy hitters are boarding...

There is no good reason not to have cameras on OP.

the audio only airing has been used only for protecting very private people--not those already in the public eye.
Travesty. And decided in private--but when??

20 south African minutes~~

Are we confirmed- that OP is up first...? or maybe later in the day???

Roux is probably jumping rope n the tea room.. getting pumped... taking his speed.

Not confirmed yet I think but there is speculation that he will be first on. I am not sure how Roux hypes up..maybe not skipping rope..he could have a coronary

I wonder if the request to not have OP go first will be allowed. My understanding of this rule is to avoid having him cater his testimony around other defense witnesses. I can't imagine the SA judge will allow it.

I was just thinking how crazy it was that Jodi A was on the stand for 18 days. How the heck does a defense team allow that? They would have been better off chaining her to a tree and letting wolves bite her.

With that said, I would LOVE to have one full day all to myself to question OP. How incredibly fun must that be for a Prosecutor to cross-examine a defendant!

The fact that audio only will be aired implies to me that prob. Roux asked for this and Nel did not object. JMO

As I have said for a year--this one runs deep.

There is no good reason not to have cameras on OP.

the audio only airing has been used only for protecting very private people--not those already in the public eye.
Travesty. And decided in private--but when??

Each witness has the option- to DK filmed test, or go with the shield. Let's see what OP picks... I bet , well, he may not want it.. too much

Expanding on my post from the previous thread... Here are some other little things that jumped out at me from the day 15 data discussion...

Roux wants to show that Reeva had an interest in cars, along with Oscar. He mentions her browsing history, emails, etc that show this interest.

I think this is important because when Nel was presenting the iPad evidence, one of the links that came up in Oscar’s browsing history had to do with cars. Oscar’s expression in the dock was very peculiar. Nel was very vague and Roux barely wanted to cross examine on this – his only question to the expert, Michael Sales, was whether or not he knew who was using the iPad at the time. There is something that they found on that iPad that is not good for Oscar.

Further thought on this do I remember that miller mentioned the iPads being sync

Next... Reeva's last GPRS activity...

At 20:04:00 – GPRS connection for 17 seconds

At 20:04:17 – The last GPRS of the day – 41,029 seconds (over 11 hours)

Moller reminds the Judge that if she would like to see the content of those GPRS connections (potentially WhatsApp chats) all she has to do is look back at the data downloads that he provided yesterday to see what the specific content was for those times. Nel specifically asked Moller to point this out to her. He wants her to see what Reeva was doing during those GPRS sessions.
Thanks for all your useful input and insight .
After reading through a lot seems to be hanging on this .
If I remember correctly the floor on the right side of the bed had the iPads on it .
That side of the bed looked quite messy which was out of keeping with the rest of the bedroom and house generally .
Maybe this is why defence want to put Reeva at the right side not OP ?
Trying to create the picture that what ever happened On The iPads was down to Reeva

Do I remember correctly that Moller put on record that the two ipads had been synced ?

I was just thinking how crazy it was that Jodi A was on the stand for 18 days. How the heck does a defense team allow that? They would have been better off chaining her to a tree and letting wolves bite her.

With that said, I would LOVE to have one full day all to myself to question OP. How incredibly fun must that be for a Prosecutor to cross-examine a defendant!

That was an incredible strategic error. A defense attorney should realize when their client is unlikable and crazy and not keep them on the stand so long or not call them at all. I'm sure at the time the DT saw that as a win, until the jurors spoke up and said they found her utterly unlikable and they could tell she was lying.

Just read a comment on twitter that the defense might make a motion for Oscar to testify later in the case, and State will oppose it.

Why is there an order that he not be televised? Was this his request?
Grief, I just saw that the defense had made a motion that none of the defense witnesses be on telly??

Morning all...haha, took the day off work just for today!! :)

time for Roux to navigate the SS Oscar Pretorius out along the narrow channel of minor lies and fibs, and steer it carefully thru the shoals and reefs of plain old ordinary murder.

Then Nel will cut the tow rope, and Oscar will have to take the rudder and
navigate himself back to the wharf...

its quite possible Oscar wont be able to continue all day.. and don't forget.. Nel will get exactly the same 'leeway' that Roux was granted.. no more, and no less..

The fact that audio only will be aired implies to me that prob. Roux asked for this and Nel did not object. JMO

As I have said for a year--this one runs deep.

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet.

I would be very very surprised if any defence witnesses actually CHOSE to be televised... it an option, not a requirement..

Thanks for all your useful input and insight .
After reading through a lot seems to be hanging on this .
If I remember correctly the floor on the right side of the bed had the iPads on it .
That side of the bed looked quite messy which was out of keeping with the rest of the bedroom and house generally .
Maybe this is why defence want to put Reeva at the right side not OP ?
Trying to create the picture that what ever happened On The iPads was down to Reeva

Both iPads were found on the right side - one next to the bed, one under the bed. Yes, they do need her on that side for a reason. We haven't totally seen that reason just yet.

Each witness has the option- to DK filmed test, or go with the shield. Let's see what OP picks... I bet , well, he may not want it.. too much

I am not sure that is entirely correct.
First, that appled to (private) witnesses, not the accused. Second the Judge and the attys have to agree I believe.

@AlexCrawfordSky: #OscarPistorius Am being told OP's testimony will only be in audio not visual...as part of original court order

https://twitter.com/AlexCrawfordSky

Nevermind...

Sorry can't get a link, I copied from my twitter app.

2mzw7dc.jpg

https://twitter.com/barrybateman

OMFG!! please check Debra Patta twitter?she heard from a reliable source one of the judge assistants is sick and case will be postponed today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels