Trial Discussion Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably wouldn't. I guess all this rumor mongering about Reeva kissing some guy while she was taping is what made me think it was during the time she was dating OP. :waitasec:

ETA - had no idea it was filmed in Jamaica either.

Yea, the whole thing about him being jealous of her kissing a guy has not come up at all during trial so I'm just considering it a rumor/theory that the public has come up with.

Where Jamaica does come in to play though is one of the text messages that was read by Moller was about how OP was upset with RS for smoking weed more than once and questioning what else she did while she was there... I'm going back to my notes to check it out.. I'll let you know.

I want to get to the truth. I want to know what happened if that can possibly be known, and I think hearing from OP himself is about the only way that might happen ...he'll either tell a believable story or he'll fall apart.

But you will concur with me my dear friend, that telling a believable story does not necessarily equate with telling the truth. [my own emphasis]

I personally believe he is lying and will continue to do so. I find him to be arrogant, self-serving, and egocentric. I also see him as a control freak (of people and situations). He has developed some of those skills to survive in a world that, let's face it, it is still not too kind with amputees. But as much as they have worked for him to 'run' to the top of his profession, they have also made him a ticking time bomb.

I want to get to the truth. I want to know what happened if that can possibly be known, and I think hearing from OP himself is about the only way that might happen ...he'll either tell a believable story or he'll fall apart.

Hearing from 6 witnesses who were awakend by the killing and who have nothing to gain by lying is a far better way of knowing what happened than asking the killer.

Arguing.

BANG! BANG!

Woman screaming.

BANG! BANG!

Woman is dead.

Silence.

Security calls killer.

Killer: "Everything is fine..."

I look forward to reading your blog about his testimony. I think it's the most unbiased account out there. I tried to get a feel for the trial from here, but all I get is @%S%. I haven't been able to watch much due to the timing and my work. thanks for laying it out for those of us that can't watch it all ourselves.

Thank you :seeya: I would say it's about 90% unbiased. I have to interject my opinions and theories from time to time of course. The benefits of having your own page :) But I do try to keep the evidence portion of it as direct as possible. I want people to form their own opinions, not just accept mine.

Does anyone know if the door was on or off at the time which this picture was taken?

The tiles on the floor seem to be from the wall at the side of the toilet door, and I'm wondering if this was done during the incident, or afterwards, to enable removal of the toilet door.

4qsubq.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lla-shot-dead-girlfriend-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

This pic shows from before the door was removed.

54.png

I look forward to reading your blog about his testimony. I think it's the most unbiased account out there. I tried to get a feel for the trial from here, but all I get is @%S%. I haven't been able to watch much due to the timing and my work. thanks for laying it out for those of us that can't watch it all ourselves.

I concur. Lisa's blog is awesome. As for watching, I have been pretty remiss --- with my work schedule and my insane fitness craze, I have barely watched a couple of hours. Can't you access youtube files IfIMay?

Yea, the whole thing about him being jealous of her kissing a guy has not come up at all during trial so I'm just considering it a rumor/theory that the public has come up with.

Where Jamaica does come in to play though is one of the text messages that was read by Moller was about how OP was upset with RS for smoking weed more than once and questioning what else she did while she was there... I'm going back to my notes to check it out.. I'll let you know.

And again that suggests that he was upset about something that happened while they were dating. But maybe it was a different Jamaica trip?

But you will concur with me my dear friend, that telling a believable story does not necessarily equate with telling the truth. [my own emphasis]

I personally believe he is lying and will continue to do so. I find him to be arrogant, self-serving, and egocentric. I also see him as a control freak (of people and situations). He has developed some of those skills to survive in a world that, let's face it, it is still not too kind with amputees. But as much as they have worked for him to 'run' to the top of his profession, they have also made him a ticking time bomb.

Yes, I agree but I think if he's lying it's going to become obvious.

Thank you :seeya: I would say it's about 90% unbiased. I have to interject my opinions and theories from time to time of course. The benefits of having your own page :) But I do try to keep the evidence portion of it as direct as possible. I want people to form their own opinions, not just accept mine.

It would be surprising if we didn't think it was more likely than not that he was guilty at this stage because we have only heard from the prosecution .I find your blog to be informative . We could all hear the defence and take a different view .
I have no doubt you will continue to do a balanced blog .

It pertains to language changes and additional information between affidavit and bail explanation. This is what the prosecution looks for and can lead to many questions about why he's altering or adding to the two statements. Similiar to the questioning of Anette Stipp, but as he is charged with murder its necessary. ;)

Also, I laid it out clearly in a long post, after people appear to have been trivialising the shifts from bail to plea statements Pistorius.
I also found it useful to go over trying to see how timing works in plausibility.

Again, will probably another long post. Feel free to not read :)
Thanks K.T. I found it extremely useful to have all OP's new recollections (along with his previous ones) laid out in one post. Easier to see the differences, and there are many! I expect him to be pulled up on each and every one of them as he's the only one who knows what happened that night, and I don't expect him to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Any changes he's made to his original affidavit (which he had FIVE days to prepare for) are highly significant in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to hearing (and hopefully seeing) Oscar on the stand as much as everybody else is. But not because I want to watch a game of who can out-fool who. Because I want to hear his story directly from his mouth. And I would hopefully like to get some explanations for lingering questions.

I have no idea what to expect. I may believe him. I may not. As of right now, with the evidence that I have to work with, I do not believe him.

But I'm not going to hope for him to puke or pass out or faint, etc, etc. Yes, I've made my jokes too (I think I may have suggested that he testify from the reconstructed toilet room) but all the funny stuff aside... When he gets up on that stand, I will be all ears. I won't be focusing on what lawyer is doing what... I'll be focusing 100% on what is coming out of his mouth.

Ewww! I think I'd rather avert my gaze :floorlaugh:

Those are sworn statements, no? The first one got him out on bail.

The second one? We will see.
The first one did indeed get him out on bail, and that's probably all he was thinking about at the time. Now the trial has come, and he's already made significant changes to his incredibly detailed and descriptive original statement. So I find it odd that a large portion of that has now changed... if he was telling the truth in the first one as he claims. I'm sure the judge will want to know what's going on with that.

MOD NOTE: The thread will be locked temporarily for mod review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther