Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
No there hasn't. It's still there and it's still not explained by the state and it still can't be ignored no matter how much anyone despises OP or wants him to be guilty of murder.

It's not an argument, by the way, it's a recitation of the evidence. It speaks for itself.

I do not despise OP... nor do I want him to be guilty of murder. I have always had great admiration for OP. But I have to concede that his testimony concerning 'the accident' is not plausable. MOO

IMO

OP's life is totally botched anyway.
Now (today) he can admit the (real) crime.

Somebody has to tell him!

The neckline looks really high compared to when you see the picture of the top on its own .Do you think she had it on back to front and that is why the prosecution mentioned the clothes in the early stages of the investigation .
Having your top on back to front indicates that you got dressed in a rush .

I Know exactly what vest she was wearing when she was killed, my son has lots of them. Its a mans vest. It was probally Oscars but woman also buy them I guess. The womans version though doesn't have such a high neck so going to assume it was OPs shirt.
http://www.mrp.com/en_za/jump/Mens/Skinny-Fit-Rib-Vest/productDetail/21012_00043/cat10009/general

Thanks for that so guess that puts end to speculation that she hadn't even changed out of her clothes.

Yes there is (like I mention before) but Viper is right that Glock 18 isn't that widely available. Glocks are usually semi automatic. You can convert your Glock to full automatic as well but either way, you run out of ammo really quickly.

And where does he say not widely available in his comment?

'There is no such Glock pistol, probably not any pistol unless it is a one off novalty gun'

So no, Viper is not right. You can't defend the indefensible.

Anyhow I've finished on the gun talk now. I think I've made my point.

Because unfortunately, Reeva coincided with the time when his popularity/celebrity was at its height and growing.

This is the difference. IMO.

Not really.

OP has been famous looong before 2012. There is absolutely no difference to when he was with ST before he started dating RS. If ST did not mess around they might've still be very much together and RS very much alive still.

Some intersting comments as interpretation of yesterday's proceedings. Not meant as anything definitive on the events themselves, only as clever interpretation.

From here: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Live/LIVE-UPDATES-Pistorius-trial-day-21-20140411

Pete Johanssen - April 10, 2014 at 23:46
Report commentComments Policy

You know, last night I was thinking of the court proceedings of the day and I was wondering..why all the fuss about the fans?
And then it all came to me.. I realized what was probably behind the one thing that has puzzled me the most during the trial.
The one big question and that is: why did the defence change their story? why did the story change from what they said last year? why would they do that? Why?

In the affidavit they said : "I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors".
And now..now they say he never went to the balcony. And that there were two fans. Why would they now change their story so
that he never went onto the balcony? After all, it makes the story much worse.

Here's my theory what happened:
After the incident defence was coming up with a story, they needed an affidavit..
BR:"We need a reason for you to go out of the room for a moment so that she has time to go to the toilet.."
OP "Let's say I went downstairs to get something to drink..and then heard noise from the toilet"
BR "No.. you wouldn't do that in the pitch black..and on your stumps..stairs and everything.
What if..what if we say you went onto the balcony to bring the fan in..it was a hot night and so forth"
And so they decided.
Reply to Pete Johanssen | 2 comments(hide)
Alwyn Malan - April 10, 2014 at 23:53
Report commentComments Policy
That is the whole point of Nel's cross examination so far. He isn't nitpicking at irrelevant stuff, with every single element that he can prove is untrue in Oscar's statements he discredits him as a witness.

I can't belief Oscar wants us to believe the police rearranged the room before taking photos...let's say they did move things. Why on earth would they pull the curtains more open? Especially when the light is still on...doesn't make sense...neither does his whole story.

I Know exactly what vest she was wearing when she was killed, my son has lots of them. Its a mans vest. It was probally Oscars but woman also buy them I guess. The womans version though doesn't have such a high neck so going to assume it was OPs shirt.
http://www.mrp.com/en_za/jump/Mens/Skinny-Fit-Rib-Vest/productDetail/21012_00043/cat10009/general

Thanks for that so guess that puts end to speculation that she hadn't even changed out of her clothes.

Yes my son also wears those type of tops for the gym :)
Did you see the picture of the top on its own on Lisa's blog ?
The neckline in the picture which Gavel showed this morning ( which I have to say I couldn't bear to look at too closely ) looks very high compared to when it was just been held up for crime scene photo's . My gut feeling is still it could be back to front .
We may hear Nel discuss the clothes in cross exam as I am sure he has a lot of other points to make .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven