Trial Discussion Thread #3 - 14.03.08-09, Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance that shots were fired outside, hence no additional bullet holes in the wall, casings on the ground, etc. I know that's a real long shot here, but just thinking out of the box about the additional gunshots heard by Stipp.

When it all boils down, we really have about a minute of time that we're stumbling over.

Stipp is woken up by what sounds like 3 shots. Maybe it wasn't exactly 3. (oh crap, do I sound like Roux?) There could have been screaming beforehand but it didn't wake them up. I can't explain that, but it's possible. He says he was up and on the balcony within moments, which translate to seconds for him. He heard the screams, saw the bathroom light on, went back inside and picked up his phone to call security. While he is dialing, the second round of shots go off. This sounds to me like a very brief window of time, could even be less than a minute.

Burger & Johnson hear screams then a gunshot. A pause... then 3 more gunshots. Maybe the pause was longer than they realize. They heard screams throughout the shots, so to hear screaming there was some time occurring between shots.

It could be that these 4 shots happened within a 30-60 second window of time and we're all just hung up on how long the pause was after the first one. When an unexpected traumatic event is happening to you, you really have no sense of complete accurate time. All you can do is estimate because your senses are so rattled.

Am I making sense or do I need to go to bed? :)

I've thought of this. He fired out his sun roof when angry. Could he have fired out his balcony into the air?

No, the defense and prosecution agree he was not wearing his prosthetics.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-ballistics-expert-3168104

Uh-oh!! (ty- solid find_ geniuse strike)

I can hear Roux now...

"What I am going to PUT to you is your original statement,,, and I am going to PUT this to you,,, and when I PUT it to you I want you to tell me..."

and on... and on... and on...\\
Wow- this is a shocker... wtf!

Thanks,

45 minutes and counting!!!!

.G

Every time I look at that leaked photo of the toilet room and the holes in the door, I get chills. He shot directly in to the middle of that room, knowing he was going to hit somebody. Those sure as heck weren't warning shots... he could have easily fired some high up in to the door. No, he aimed for a body. The fact that 3 of the 4 bullets hit Reeva is pretty telling. He wanted the person in that room dead.

Think about it... he hears an unidentified noise and within seconds he is in that bathroom shooting and aiming to kill. Likely?

Is there any chance that shots were fired outside, hence no additional bullet holes in the wall, casings on the ground, etc. I know that's a real long shot here, but just thinking out of the box about the additional gunshots heard by Stipp.

When it all boils down, we really have about a minute of time that we're stumbling over.

Stipp is woken up by what sounds like 3 shots. Maybe it wasn't exactly 3. (oh crap, do I sound like Roux?) There could have been screaming beforehand but it didn't wake them up. I can't explain that, but it's possible. He says he was up and on the balcony within moments, which translate to seconds for him. He heard the screams, saw the bathroom light on, went back inside and picked up his phone to call security. While he is dialing, the second round of shots go off. This sounds to me like a very brief window of time, could even be less than a minute.

Burger & Johnson hear screams then a gunshot. A pause... then 3 more gunshots. Maybe the pause was longer than they realize. They heard screams throughout the shots, so to hear screaming there was some time occurring between shots.

It could be that these 4 shots happened within a 30-60 second window of time and we're all just hung up on how long the pause was after the first one. When an unexpected traumatic event is happening to you, you really have no sense of complete accurate time. All you can do is estimate because your senses are so rattled.

Am I making sense or do I need to go to bed? :)

Incredible... makes sense... but this is WAY too complex for me... I can't elevate myself to this type of brain-function operation. Relieved we have ya around....

(smile)

The G

Hansie is a biographical film released in 2008 about the life of Hansie Cronje that aims to portray him in a positive light and as a victim of circumstance lured by an evil system of illegal gambling and bookmakers from India. It is written and produced by his older brother Frans Cronje.

hahah.. I didn't know about this attempt to portray Hansie in a positive light.. after all these years, I just found out now, checking to see if I had the dates right.. it all seemed so long ago..

South Africans will be braced for the worst to be revealed.. they've endured it before, got up and slugged back again.. If Oscar is found to be a murderer they'll take it on the chin.. If he is found innocent of premeditated murder, they'll cop that too, but I suspect they'd steer clear of him from now on.

Hansie is a biographical film released in 2008 about the life of Hansie Cronje that aims to portray him in a positive light and as a victim of circumstance lured by an evil system of illegal gambling and bookmakers from India. It is written and produced by his older brother Frans Cronje.

hahah.. I didn't know about this attempt to portray Hansie in a positive light.. after all these years, I just found out now, checking to see if I had the dates right.. it all seemed so long ago..

South Africans will be braced for the worst to be revealed.. they've endured it before, got up and slugged back again.. If Oscar is found to be a murderer they'll take it on the chin.. If he is found innocent of premeditated murder, they'll cop that too, but I suspect they'd steer clear of him from now on.

ty - extremely sharp - deserves high level of consideration... you good.

The state has changed their assertion that Oscar was wearing his legs while he shot the door due to their own ballistics expert contradicting that theory.

Yes, I'm talking about their current version.

Every time I look at that leaked photo of the toilet room and the holes in the door, I get chills. He shot directly in to the middle of that room, knowing he was going to hit somebody. Those sure as heck weren't warning shots... he could have easily fired some high up in to the door. No, he aimed for a body. The fact that 3 of the 4 bullets hit Reeva is pretty telling. He wanted the person in that room dead.

Think about it... he hears an unidentified noise and within seconds he is in that bathroom shooting and aiming to kill. Likely?

It certainly appears that he intended to kill or at least should have known that he would kill whoever was behind the door.

It certainly appears that he intended to kill or at least should have known that he would kill whoever was behind the door.

It kills me that he planted that "dishwasher is an angry burgler" tweet earlier... think about his mind... and what it takes to decide to release that... why in the hell (other than, imo, to create an alibi-oriented element to reference, logical to his acutely aware mindset) would he do that?

It's like me tweeting- "nothing like getting ready to make a right turn, but then remembering that there is no right on red in the city" just random,,,

WHat's the deal with Roux, Minor4th... does he have a win streak in tow?
ty
G

26 minutes....

What do you guys make of Nel saying that today's testimony will "have a character of its own". And he wanted an extra 30 minutes in the morning before start time (which was denied).

Any guesses?

What do you guys make of Nel saying that today's testimony will "have a character of its own". And he wanted an extra 30 minutes in the morning before start time (which was denied).

Any guesses?

Interesting indeed.... do we have a pool to guess as to who's up next... wait- strike that - yes, we have a pool, but do we know who's up>?
I guess we'll find out... oh!

||g||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members