Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here and with an hour to go before curtain lifts for the day, would like to know when 8 May forum opens. It seems to be locked.

Also, pls note, some of those livestream links contain virus-laden fake Adobe update screens - persistent ones.

Thanks from the Pacific Northwest!

Welcome, Warren. I don't know when the thread will open, but the trial starts in 45 minutes. So I hope it is soon.

Maybe not the bullets Oscar used that night...those horrible mass destruction ones....Black Talons?

Black Talons, or hollow points, are not armor piercing. The Black Talons got their rep because they open when they hit soft, moist objects. Kind of like a flower petal. Hth.

If the top was indeed Kevlar, wouldn't it stop the ammo? I think so. jmo

It did stop the one on her back and the ones on her chest.
Those wounds are the black and blue marks.

The other shots shattered her right arm, the hip wound and the head shot.

No bullets entered her body where that shirt was. They only left marks.

JMO

from the link above:

Pistorius is on trial at Pistorius High Court for the alleged premeditated murder of Miss Steenkamp. The prosecution say he shot at the model four times through a locked lavatory door at his Pretoria home after a row. He insists he did so thinking she was an intruder.

is op sponsoring the whole trial?
Well spotted - I didn't even notice that. Maybe he'll end up at the Pistorius Maximum Security Correctional Facility?

I used every filter i have and I can't get Reeva's black vest to show any absorption of blood.
This shirt is not making any sense in relation to the crime scene and her injuries.

34o8va0.jpg

Saayman said the night of the shooting she was wearing a pair of gray Nike shorts, covered in blood. One bullet hole was noted in the material on the thigh, indicating the first of Steenkamp's wounds revealed to the court. Saayman also examined a sleeveless black vest, torn in some areas and scattered with blood and tissue fragments, including bone.
Upon initial inspection, Saayman found a piece of a bullet tangled in the clothing, which was given to investigators.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/reeva-s-head-wound-fatal-pathologist-1.1659020

Torn area up close.

j5cy90.jpg

Saayman said the night of the shooting she was wearing a pair of gray Nike shorts, covered in blood.

The court heard that Steenkamp had a few bruises on her body that were not as a result of the shooting.

Her upper eyelids were blue-reddish and there was soft tissue swelling but no injury to the eyes.

This was not caused by direct trauma but a fracture to the skull.

There were also bruises on the upper part of the right thigh that were not linked to the shooting and behind the left knee and the left shin.

I think the shirt is made out of Kevlar.
I did some googling and found this website.

25up9x2.jpg

This website has been in business since 2008 and look at what it sells and look at the name.

Http://www.BladeRunner.tv

JMO

original-36.jpg

Are you saying that the whole right through the top is a tear rather than a bullet hole ? What is your theory about the fact that there doesn't appear to be much blood on it ?

It did stop the one on her back and the ones on her chest.
Those wounds are the black and blue marks.

The other shots shattered her right arm, the hip wound and the head shot.

No bullets entered her body where that shirt was. They only left marks.

JMO

There were more than 4 shots?? Do tell.
:popcorn

It did stop the one on her back and the ones on her chest. Those wounds are the black and blue marks.
JMO

The contusions on her back were caused by either bullet fragments from the shot that hit the tile, or from the tile that was chipped. Surely you don't think she was in the toilet wearing body armor? The forensics experts have already determined that the wounds on her chest were also probably from bullet fragments or bone fragments from her arm.

Where'd the idea of a bulletproof vest come from???

Was just wondering if anyone can remember who testified to saying that the second/spare bedroom looked like it had been used recently? Now we know that Ms Stander was in there alone it makes me wonder if they had fought and she had been sleeping in there?

Perhaps it was Van Rensburg?

I just have a question about the lady who was the final witness on Tuesday.

She stated that she woke up because she heard loud crying. She then went on to say that her first thought was that a security guard had been shot.

Why would anyone waking up & hearing loud crying immediately think someone had been shot? It's not a natural reaction to hearing crying.

Nobody seems to be talking about this although imo its important. If she immediately thought someone had been shot then she must have heard at least one shot, surely?

Does it point to lies? Tailoring of her statement? It must mean something surely?

The contusions on her back were caused by either bullet fragments from the shot that hit the tile, or from the tile that was chipped. Surely you don't think she was in the toilet wearing body armor? The forensics experts have already determined that the wounds on her chest were also probably from bullet fragments or bone fragments from her arm.

Where'd the idea of a bulletproof vest come from???

BBM

From Cymbaline, and no one else.

Perhaps it was Van Rensburg?

If I remember rightly the door to the guest bedroom was locked and the police had to find the key to open it .
Wonder when it was locked .
Has there ever been any photos shown of the spare bedroom ?

i just have a question about the lady who was the final witness on tuesday.

She stated that she woke up because she heard loud crying. She then went on to say that her first thought was that a security guard had been shot.

Why would anyone waking up & hearing loud crying immediately think someone had been shot? It's not a natural reaction to hearing crying.

Nobody seems to be talking about this although imo its important. If she immediately thought someone had been shot then she must have heard at least one shot, surely?

Does it point to lies? Tailoring of her statement? It must mean something surely?

good point!!!!

Are you saying that the whole right through the top is a tear rather than a bullet hole ? What is your theory about the fact that there doesn't appear to be much blood on it ?

That isn't a hole. Kelvar is is 5 times stronger than steel. The weave is frayed. He was probably really close. Kevlar is also waterproof. That's why it isn't blood soaked.

You should google bullet proof clothing. It just looks like regular clothing.

JMO

I wonder if we will be hearing from this guy, although this confuses thing's even more.

AT EIGHT minutes past three on the morning of Valentine’s Day Christo Menelaou woke with a start. He’d heard what sounded like three thunderclaps.

At his home in the Silver Woods Estate east of Pretoria he lay in bed waiting for the rain to start.

Almost an hour later he went to the bathroom.

When he opened the window and looked outside he couldn’t believe his eyes. His window looks out onto an empty plot and Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius’ house.

The two men are close friends.

“His house used to be in pitch darkness at night, except for one light that was always on,” Christo (34) says. But that night all the lights were on and there were blue and red lights flashing outside the house.

http://drum.co.za/celebs/hes-heartbroken/

At least his "thunderclaps" are a better match for the timeline, even according to OP who figured that after re-enacting/walking out his actions that night(during his year he had before the trial), that it would have taken him about five minutes between the two sets of "bangs".... 3:08(Menelaou) for banging at the door and 3:13(Stipp's) for the final "bangshots" that according to the Dr. occurred "moments" after the first set of "bangs", then no more woman's screams, just OP's final "help, help, help" and his wailing ...

I just have a question about the lady who was the final witness on Tuesday.

I posed the same question in my most recent blog post. No one in the courtroom picked up on it. I thought for sure Nel would have been right on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox