Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, I'm pretty sure the "bloodcurdling" scream as was described by Burger iirc, was most surely not OP based on his cries in this production, besides the fact that the screams were heard before the last set of "bangs" and then never again. It's like the guy trying to call a 2x4 a bat-like "instrument" to simulate the bat used and then claim that that sound would carry as far as gunshots...

Little from this trial is burned into my mind as deeply as is Burger's description of the woman's bloodcurdling screams she heard.

Putting her on the stand first was Nel's genius. Pressing her on it was the first of Roux's many mistakes. Try as he might - and try he did - she never responded to any of the subsequent questions he was trying to ask her. All she did was repeat the same thing over and over and over again - about five times, if I'm remembering correctly.

Had she said it only once with Roux purposely jumping away from it, realizing the danger in the power of what she was saying and how she was saying it, I might only vaguely recall it. Instead, her emotional and repeated re-telling of it so many times struck me as if it was all she could think about, which, likely, it was.

I've watched those 20 minutes between Roux and Burger any number of times and I am always transfixed. In trying to set an initial tone of forceful cross-examination, Roux failed to miss the essence of what we were hearing over and over and over again, and how critically it would, IMHO, hurt his case.

For me, everything in the trial that followed resonated with that echo of Reeva's soul-gripping cry for Life.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/ins...tm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=inside-oscars-mind

In his report, Scholz wrote that Pistorius lived “the lonely type of life often reported by elite athletes” which meant that “maintaining an intimate relationship was almost impossible”.

Although he was often approached by beautiful women including models, he believed most only wanted to be with him because of his superstar status.

“Although he got a lot of attention from glamorous and beautiful women he never engaged with them on any meaningful level, being distrustful of their motives and not convinced they could fulfil his emotional needs,” he wrote.

Scholz also writes that Pistorius lost his way.

Apologies is this has been posted already but this is the City Press article quoting from the Weskoppies psychologist's Scholtz and Fernihough report.

It was posted before, but could someone please link to the scribd document of the full report, lost it again!
Want to read it and summarise the parts I thought did not make sense...thanks.

To me the most significant part of today's testimony was Derman's concession that OP did not mention the bathroom door opening and that OP "intended" to shoot. Derman is outright contradicting OP's trial testimony. Case is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back