Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal seems to be for him to escape without any form of punishment at all. Working with children for his community service is no punishment at all, except for the children. Innocent children would be punished more severely than him!

What a role model he will be for them now!

The guy with the noose outside the courthouse today was pretty freaky:

"A supporter of the death penalty holds a noose outside the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria as Oscar Pistorius returned for the second day of the sentencing hearing for killing his model girlfriend"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/14/1413274833514_wps_2_A_supporter_of_the_death_.jpg

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h-...9a84-06f0-4fa6-b456-31ba8a8cfc5f-620x372.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-avoid-jail-term-killing-reeva-steenkamp.html

Annette Vergeer is the Death Star, the screeching anti-victim, the anti-prison probation advocate on almost every case she has overseen, even the most heinous, murderous, child killing, sexual assault crime.

- Her constant refrain, almost verbatim, is "remorse is circumstantial or relative" and that the felons and defendants always feel heavy remorse.

- No criminal according to Vergeer, especially first-time or repeat, young or old, black or white, middle-class or wealthy should go to prison because of sodomy, lack of hygiene, gangs and overcrowding.

- She pushes for "correctional supervision" for men who beat their wives to a vegetative state, teenager who kills teen and wounds four other boys, man who kills his wife's grandmother, four year old son and almost shoots wife dead with nine shots....the list of her defense witness trials is terribly sad, painful for anyone interested in the victim.
And I'm only touching the surface of cases she's been brought in by defence teams from 2009(?!).

Will list with links in another post, hopefully, but trawling through so many awful judgements of South African crime is fairly dispiriting especially as we face more of the same, soon...

Andrew Harding and Alex Crawford are pretty much closer to believing Pistorius version (or reasonable doubt) than other journalists. Andrew Harding believes Pistorius shows true remorse, is less skeptical about everything. Thinks Masipa is doing a good job.

Crawford is jonesing for Pistorius interview, in my opinion. Tends to repeat, without criticism, statements from the Pistorius clan, like Pistorius next goal is "rehabilitating his image" or getting back to competition. She said that directly after verdict in interview.

*sigh* *south africa*

During the trial, Alex Curnow (CNN) and Kelly Phelps were interviewed daily outside the court. It was quite obvious that OP could do no wrong. No matter how bad a day he had in court, particularly with regard to Kelly Phelps, he always did well. I used to grind my teeth listening to them.

Annette Vergeer is the Death Star, the screeching anti-victim, the anti-prison probation advocate on almost every case she has overseen, even the most heinous, murderous, child killing, sexual assault crime.

- Her constant refrain, almost verbatim, is "remorse is circumstantial or relative" and that the felons and defendants always feel heavy remorse.

- No criminal according to Vergeer, especially first-time or repeat, young or old, black or white, middle-class or wealthy should go to prison because of sodomy, lack of hygiene, gangs and overcrowding.

- She pushes for "correctional supervision" for men who beat their wives to a vegetative state, teenager who kills teen and wounds four other boys, man who kills his wife's grandmother, four year old son and almost shoots wife dead with nine shots....the list of her defense witness trials is terribly sad, painful for anyone interested in the victim.
And I'm only touching the surface of cases she's been brought in by defence teams from 2009(?!).

Will list with links in another post, hopefully, but trawling through so many awful judgements of South African crime is fairly dispiriting especially as we face more of the same, soon...

Brilliant. It became her bread and butter.

During the trial, Alex Curnow (CNN) and Kelly Phelps were interviewed daily outside the court. It was quite obvious that OP could do no wrong. No matter how bad a day he had in court, particularly with regard to Kelly Phelps, he always did well. I used to grind my teeth listening to them.

Oh, I know.

Robyn Curnow CNN is slightly more measured but Kelly Phelps, if there was a scale, is THE hard end of the spectrum - she almost seems to be swinging legal pom poms for the defense team and Pistorius. Eh, and now we know Masipa agrees with that view.

*shared gnashing*

Nothing screams fake to me more than this clip, here the sad pathetic broken, vulnerable man that has lost everything arrives at court for day 2 of his sentencing. Gone is the charade of the bodyguard protectors that were there for every other court day. No need for the charade any more as the deal has been done. Notice his body language, it speaks volumes. This is a cocky confidant man full of bravado & arrogance......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/othersports/video-1127353/Oscar-Pistorius-arrives-court-second-day-sentencing-hearing.html

His modernist house is mostly stone-tiled, therefore he prefers to live with slippery floors, plus he didn't seem to have bath rails or shower rails in his master bathroom.

Yet I'm sure he'll take that ongoing girl 'friend' Jenna Edkins framed collage of their loved-up pictures, wherever he lives next...

On Twitter, @aleshavr tweeted that Pistorius had "underdressed" women sitting on his lap at the VIP Room "on Sunday morning".

The claims are unsubstantiated and Mr Mortimer and others making allegations have refused to comment further. But they could prove nonetheless damaging to the athlete's case as the judge considers her verdict against him due next month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...before-nightclub-fight-partygoers-allege.html

I wonder if Jenna Edkins was one of the women who was scantily dressed sitting on OP's knee?

I wonder also if the cousin OP was with was Graham Binge because once or twice he was described as being with "a blonde female cousin" at the car yard of Justin Divaris looking at cars. But I have never seen this blonde female cousin in court. Could this so-called female cousin have been Erin Steer or was it really Jenna Edkins?

Haha, AV says that at least she is able to read (internet pages)... Like Dixon who measures with his eyes

Did AV ever supply Nel with the URL of the website she referred to for her research?

I missed it because we had a thunderstorm last night here in Sydney and even though I put my ear to the microphone, I found it difficult to hear. I don't usually need headphones so did not have handy.

The ANC Women's League will apply to be a friend of the court if an appeal in the Oscar Pistorius case went ahead, the league said on Tuesday.

In terms of the law, a person or group not directly connected to a case can apply for the position of amicus curiae - a friend of the court - if they feel their interests or knowledge are relevant to proceedings.

As a friend of the court, Mofokeng said the ANCWL's unhappiness with the legal understanding of culpable homicide could be raised by its representative.

Nothing screams fake to me more than this clip, here the sad pathetic broken, vulnerable man that has lost everything arrives at court for day 2 of his sentencing. Gone is the charade of the bodyguard protectors that were there for every other court day. No need for the charade any more as the deal has been done. Notice his body language, it speaks volumes. This is a cocky confidant man full of bravado & arrogance......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/othersports/video-1127353/Oscar-Pistorius-arrives-court-second-day-sentencing-hearing.html

Oh my lawd!! :furious::fishy::censored::devil::rage: Beam me up Scottie. :abduction:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX