TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it seems Wood did not cross a line legally, the optics are not good and he seemed to be skating really close to the line IMO. Not a fan.

I agree. A bit disappointed to hear it’s hundreds of messages over several months. I can’t imagine that’s all just hi how are ya? for months on end….so what could they have been discussing?

It seems to me that Gibb may testify to something that hurts the defense case and he wants the jury to see the possibility that testimony may have changed over time due to their extensive communications? I don’t know JMOO

This is exactly where having an LDS juror is a score for the prosecution. This blessing is full of BS! Also, he doesn't even have church authority to give one, much less to say such utter crap! Portals! What the CRAP!

Eta: I'm LDS and listening to this blessing has me disgusted. I'm completely appalled.

Chad states he is authorized by Church of the First Born, not LDS!

ETA: In relation to the State's claim he was not authorized to give the Blessing
"The church of the firstborn" is a phrase used in the Book of Mormon for those who have earned the Celestial Kingdom (the highest of all heavenly kingdoms):
  • celestial heirs are Church of Firstborn, D&C 76:54, 67, 71, 94.
  • telestial heirs will not be caught up to Church of Firstborn, D&C 76:102.
  • as many as come will be brought to Church of Firstborn, D&C 77:11.
  • ye are Church of Firstborn, D&C 78:21.
  • celestial glory is glory of Church of Firstborn, D&C 88:5.
  • those who are begotten through Christ are Church of Firstborn, D&C 93:22.
  • priesthood to commune with Church of Firstborn, D&C 107:19.
(from LDS.org website)

"The church of the firstborn" is a phrase used in the Book of Mormon for those who have earned the Celestial Kingdom (the highest of all heavenly kingdoms):
  • celestial heirs are Church of Firstborn, D&C 76:54, 67, 71, 94.
  • telestial heirs will not be caught up to Church of Firstborn, D&C 76:102.
  • as many as come will be brought to Church of Firstborn, D&C 77:11.
  • ye are Church of Firstborn, D&C 78:21.
  • celestial glory is glory of Church of Firstborn, D&C 88:5.
  • those who are begotten through Christ are Church of Firstborn, D&C 93:22.
  • priesthood to commune with Church of Firstborn, D&C 107:19.
(from LDS.org website)
None of the above is the correct and authorized way for LDS to give a blessing regardless. There is a very proper and clear way and that is NOT it. While the phrase was used in scripture, it is not used in blessings.

Source: I'm a lifelong active member.

I agree. A bit disappointed to hear it’s hundreds of messages over several months. I can’t imagine that’s all just hi how are ya? for months on end….so what could they have been discussing?

It seems to me that Gibb may testify to something that hurts the defense case and he wants the jury to see the possibility that testimony may have changed over time due to their extensive communications? I don’t know JMOO
I don’t think her testimony would have changed all that much, if not at all. After all, she did tape the call with Chad and Lori and I would say that this was more to cover herself as the prosecution didn’t even have a case at that point.

None of the above is the correct and authorized way for LDS to give a blessing regardless. There is a very proper and clear way and that is NOT it. While the phrase was used in scripture, it is not used in blessings.
I was merely defining the phrase for those who may not be familiar with what it generally would mean in the context of mainstream LDS theology.

More info here - https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/topic/church-of-the-firstborn

I was merely defining the phrase for those who may not be familiar with what it means in the context of LDS theology.

More info here - https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/topic/church-of-the-firstborn
No, it's fine.

Prior is hammering this now. The D&C is a very long book of scripture. A few instances of one phrase appearing would not stick out in my head ever. In the same way it appearing in the Old Testament wouldn't necessarily stick out in my head either.

oooh, doctrine argument. Chad said something to Prior when he got up to cross. Prior saying all the dark/light/church of the firstborn/ multiple probations IS part of the LDS faith.
Again, this is exactly where LDS jurors would be great for the case. Sigh.
They could go round and round. This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie