TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did JP gain by revealing that Chad's family was part of his cult? His children's testimonies won't be seen as credible by the jury. Tammy is still a victim.

I'm also still disturbed by the explanation that Chad's fringe beliefs didn't suffice for excommunication because he didn't openly advocate for murder and didn't represent the church when he talked about his visions. If he and Lori were ex'd that would revoke their temple access.
I’m not sure where JP is getting his info or how he thinks the jury will accept that CD’s beliefs were acceptable or mainstream LDS. The excommunication letter sent to him in jail clearly shows the reasons to be “specifically for promulgating teachings and doctrines contrary to those of the Church”. (See court tv vid below)

And I have no idea what he thought he was gaining by bringing In the info on CD’s family’s use of similar terms - though I agree with another poster who said we don’t know what version of this teaching that TD & the kids bought Into. I do not think that any of them believed that if someone was dark it meant they had to die. I think he taught his doctrine in levels to different groups based on what he thought they would accept. His family was given partial insight to his thinking on light and dark people, the casting circle was given a deeper insight which included the numbering scales of light & darkness and how close to death someone was and that the body had to die to free the individual to move on to the afterlife. And the inner circle of CD & LVD & AC were the only ones that were instructed on the part about actually killing these zombies.

But whatever JP hoped to gain from sharing about TD & the kids calling others dark, it did give us insight to the Daybell family that we didn’t have before and yes I agree that if I was on that jury, knowing they believed CD’s teachings on this would make me more suspect of anything they have to say on the stand as I would conclude it is all clouded by cult logic.

ETA to add the video link I forgot the 1st time :)

I’m not sure where JP is getting his info or how he thinks the jury will accept that CD’s beliefs were acceptable or mainstream LDS. The excommunication letter sent to him in jail clearly shows the reasons to be “specifically for promulgating teachings and doctrines contrary to those of the Church”. (See court tv vid below)

And I have no idea what he thought he was gaining by bringing In the info on CD’s family’s use of similar terms - though I agree with another poster who said we don’t know what version of this teaching that TD & the kids bought Into. I do not think that any of them believed that if someone was dark it meant they had to die. I think he taught his doctrine in levels to different groups based on what he thought they would accept. His family was given partial insight to his thinking on light and dark people, the casting circle was given a deeper insight which included the numbering scales of light & darkness and how close to death someone was and that the body had to die to free the individual to move on to the afterlife. And the inner circle of CD & LVD & AC were the only ones that were instructed on the part about actually killing these zombies.

But whatever JP hoped to gain from sharing about TD & the kids calling others dark, it did give us insight to the Daybell family that we didn’t have before and yes I agree that if I was on that jury, knowing they believed CD’s teachings on this would make me more suspect of anything they have to say on the stand as I would conclude it is all clouded by cult logic.

ETA to add the video link I forgot the 1st time :)

Wasn't the light and dark numbering system also mentioned when exchanges between Chad and his family were brought up by JP? Julie Rowe used the system, although she claimed that hers had a different meaning than Chad's. I remember her saying in a yt video that demon possessions were reversible. Despite the latest revelations, I agree that there were probably still different levels of doctrine. I wonder if Tammy knew what Chad meant when he called her a zombie.

Obviously, Prior knows something I don't know about the prosecution's theory of what went down when on Sunday, and feels that Chad's being in church for a longish church day debunks it.

MOO
I’ve been looking at Annie’s timeline, just to refresh my memory. My understanding is that JJ was still alive the Sunday evening (podcast sighting) and killed in the early hours of Monday morning. JJ was allegedly buried in chads property Monday morning Alex was only at chads property for about 20 minutes that morning.

Obviously you cannot dig a grave and bury someone (going to find rocks and wood panels) in 20 minutes. Therefore, was the grave, rocks and wood prepared beforehand (which imo means that Chad knew that a death would be occurring imminently) or was Chad alerted early Monday morning and made preparations after Tammy left for work? As far as I can see that is the only time that Alex’s phone pinged at the location JJs body was found.

I have no idea where Prior is going with the church clothes Sunday afternoon other than the last photo of JJ (in the red pyjamas) was taken Sunday and he was found in those pyjamas. I guess we will see where it leads.

Sunday? But when did he test Tammy about the "racoon"? Wasn't that on Monday?

It doesn't make sense that JJ was buried on Sunday. I can hardly imagine AC dragging his body over the yard to the site, on Sunday afternoon, when folks are out walking, checking out their yards. AC would have definitely been noticed tooling around CD's backyard on Sunday afternoon.

As for JP owning CD's house, I believe that he owns it completely. And rents it to CD's family. Probably rental income for life, and probably not much. I can't imagine normal people wanting to live there.

JP actually made out quite well, property values in Idaho increased during and after the pandemic. I read that somewhere, but can't find the source.
I think you are correct on both counts. JP is liable for the taxes in the property, so does that means he owns it outright? The value of the Daybell property has increased significantly since 2020.

I agree. He seems to me the sort of guy that's all bravado, who likes the role of the hero with the guns, protecting his family and standing up to Evil. I think LVD & CD played up that persona so that he would go along with them in their plans.

But I'm not even convinced that he was the one who shot Charles Vallow. The interviews from that day are all over the place; something else went on beyond what the witnesses (AC, LVD, and Tylee) wanted to say, and there's aspects of it that seem improvised, making me suspect that things didn't go exactly as they'd planned and that the situation no longer fit the narrative they'd agreed upon beforehand. I think that trial (August 2024) is going to be very interesting.
And the only one still alive is……. Lori.

I think you are correct on both counts. JP is liable for the taxes in the property, so does that means he owns it outright? The value of the Daybell property has increased significantly since 2020.
Did CD and Tammy pay the mortgage off? Or, did it still have a mortgage? I wouldn't imagine that Chad was in a position to pay off any existing mortgage. However, if it is being rented by a family member, that amount could go towards an assumed mortgage -- something John Prior would arrange for himself. At any rate, even if the property cost Prior money out of pocket, tax deductions for a rental property, plus appreciation, would still make it worthwhile for JP.

DBM as there is evidence to support probably not.

Last edited:
My interpretation:

Prior was trying to plant the idea that David Warwick had intended to meet with our Realtor Buddy Ron on Monday morning, but that when the time came, David Warwick suddenly was in a big hurry to get out of town and cancelled the plans at the last minute (obviously in some sort of panic because of SOMETHING unexpected that happened that night... which happens to be the last night JJ was seen).

Of course, our Realtor Buddy Ron testifying that there was never any plan to meet on Monday negates that narrative.
Makes perfect sense, thank you.

Did CD and Tammy pay the mortgage off? Or, did it still have a mortgage? I wouldn't imagine that Chad was in a position to pay off any existing mortgage. However, if it is being rented by a family member, that amount could go towards an assumed mortgage -- something John Prior would arrange for himself. At any rate, even if the property cost Prior money out of pocket, tax deductions for a rental property, plus appreciation, would still make it worthwhile for JP.
IIRC there was a mortgage when they bought the property in 2015. I do not know whether Chad paid the mortgage off with the insurance money when Tammy died (probably not).

I know that any defense attorney has a job to do, they need to defend their client and try to get the free. However, JP is sleezy and purposely cruel. I cannot stand the man! I have seen defense attorneys try to disparage a victim - trying to say they cheated, or they did drugs, or any number of reasons to highlight the “bad” parts of a personality. But this attack on Tammy is unforgivable; as was him basically saying JJ was out of control. I am glad JJ scratched CD!! Poor JJ was moved multiple times, had Charles taken from him, had his medication taken from him, his sister was taken from him. Of course he would be extra emotional!!! IF dumpy CD wanted to claim she died of “natural” causes, he would still “love” her and wouldn’t want his attorney to say something so untrue about her. CD and JP are both overweight. They have no business pointing any fingers at a victim of CD’s lust for s3x and money.

Tammy was a beautiful fit woman who was married to a man that changed during their marriage. He became something she didn’t recognize; yet she had no idea how twisted he had really become. She COULDN’T have realized the lengths he would go to satisfy his “wants”. I was related to Tammy by marriage. She was so pure compared to this mon$t3r! Uuggghhh!
Well said!! And don’t forget JJ even had his dog taken away!

IIRC there was a mortgage when they bought the property in 2015. I do not know whether Chad paid the mortgage off with the insurance money when Tammy died (probably not).
Right. Too much money was required for life with his new "Goddess" wife! Besides, they were going to be living in a tent on some property that David Warwick purchased for $700,000. No need to pay off the mortgage on the house! (Sarcasm here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81