TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expert's analysis of Tammy's death: 1) a significant force would be needed to push a dead body off the bed by pulling the sheet/cover; 2) pink foam could have many causes; 3) there could still be content left in the stomach after vomiting; 4) bruising can't be dated by visual inspection. So JP was wrong when he pushed the coroner to admit that Tammy had old bruising.

The testimony didn’t say there wasn’t “any” food left in her stomach. It did say her stomach would not be full after the vomiting Chad described. The ME said her stomach was full and there was no vomiting. I figured there must be some way to tell.
I really hope Chad’s expert doesn’t argue in court with the ME about vomiting and food. I could not watch that.

So is it possible that CD was in church clothes to go to a service AFTER going to the property?

What time did they meet with the realtor?

Thats definitely possible depending on when his ward meets. It’s also possible he didn’t go to an early meeting and his wife thought he did. But who would remember that six or so months later? The only way to know would probably be if they found a text from him saying he was going to be late or something. I’m pretty sure those meetings do not take any sort of official attendance. I can ask my husband to be sure.

Also, bishopric members do often have some meetings after church—recommend interviews or whatever—and will be at the building later. If he was their secretary he could easily have pretended to still be up there (or making visits with one of them if a member needed a visit for some reason) and Tammy would have never suspected.

In the context of Chad's cult it was evil spirits that were attacking the protagonists. For example, Chad would help ZP with her headaches which he would attribute to attacks. He had the power to destroy the evil that tried to stop their mission.
Yep. Just noting that a lot of Chad’s juju was borrowed and twisted for new uses. It’s so hard to believe that anyone would buy that deadly nonsense.

They both told this to his realtor friend and his wife who both testified. Five of the seven were Chad’s children. The other two were identified as Melanie (Lori’s niece) and JJ. Of course I don’t understand since JJ was gone by then.
JMO and I think someone mentioned this last week also about the 7 KIDS. !!!!

BBM

PAST LIVES: Another doc from Chad Daybell to Lori Vallow sent on 1/22/19 lists Lori & JJ’s “multiple probations” or past lives. Source tells me Daybell believes he was James the Just married to Elena (LV). They apparently had 7 kids including JJ & Melani Boudreaux. #fox10phoenix

@Ruminations said this in the previous thread:
Can I get possibly too speculative for a minute?

Didn't the Madison LE person testify that Tammy was found "colder than the air temperature," more than once?

And wasn't October of 2019 particularly brutally cold?

Was Tammy stored "frozen" outside, and moved in to call 911?

Lividity suggests she was lying on her back. The simplest explanation is she was killed in her bedroom.

But... how could she be colder than the air? That is just not physically possible unless the room temperature had been dramatically lower before LE arrived.

I guess it is possible that something happened such as the thermostat was located near the door where people started coming and going, causing the sensor to be chilled and the corners of the house heated.

But- it seems to me that if Tammy was detectably colder than the air to the touch, she would have to have been chilled to the core to a significantly lower temperature. If I take something out of my 55 degree basement to a room upstairs, it doesn't feel cold to the touch for more than a moment.

From the fridge (maybe high 30s to 40 degrees) it still doesn't take that long to warm up. But Fridge temp is too cold for a home owned by the stingiest home owners.

I wonder if the coroner took Tammy's temperature?

MOO
In the 911 call reporting Tammy's death, where Garth speaks first and then Chad, they both describe her as "frozen" at least once. I just noticed this. Probably a coincidence though MOO.

Nate Eaton often has insider information on the case. This time he was shocked upon learning that Chad's entire family was into rating people and casting out evil spirits. He will talk about it in today's episode of Courtroom Insider.
Nate seemed to be at a loss for words re: the entire Daybell family using the dark/light rating system on random people in their lives. He did however humorously state that child-Nate would've been very far down on the dark list.

So if Tammy knew all about the rating system, and Chad called her a zombie, does that mean she believed she would die soon?
Maybe she thought he was negging her, and didn't realise he meant it as a threat. Sounds like he was that sort of person. Calling her fat when she was incredibly fit and active, etc.

MOO

The testimony didn’t say there wasn’t “any” food left in her stomach. It did say her stomach would not be full after the vomiting Chad described. The ME said her stomach was full and there was no vomiting. I figured there must be some way to tell.
I really hope Chad’s expert doesn’t argue in court with the ME about vomiting and food. I could not watch that.
IIRC, JP made the coroner confirm that the stomach wasn't really full, it just had contents in it. The ME hasn't testified yet.

Monday, April 29th:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-11 (4/10-4/25/24) reference post #203 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-11

4/26/24 Friday, Trial Day 12: *State witnesses: Steven Schultz, funeral director for a Springfield mortuary & Daybells' former neighbor (in Utah thru end of 2015; so for about 9 years). Ronald Arnold, met Chad & Tammy at their church ward, lives in Sugar City, ID. Whitney Arnold, Ronald's wife. Craig Houg [Huff?] He lives in Springville, Utah & knows Chad from being in the same church ward. He says he was friends with Chad. Rich Garner works as principal at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, ID. [worked with Tammy]. Court is done early today.
For more info on direct see post #249 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-12
Trial continues on Monday, 4/29/24. No court on 4/30/24.

Pretty good synopsis of the trial for the week ending April 26, 2024. Short while touching on the highlights.

Pretty crazy coincidence that Alex was researching how to murder Tammy just days before she actually died in suspicious circumstances (from the article)

Lawyers shared evidence they say connects the brother of Chad's current wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, to Tammy's murder. A detective who examined Alex Cox's computer search history found multiple questions about assault rifles, how to build a silencer, and if certain bullets shoot through the steel shell of a Dodge Dakota, the same vehicle Tammy drove. Just 10 days before she died, Tammy called 911 after a man dressed in black tried shooting at her with what she believed was a paintball gun.

What time did they meet with the realtor?

Thats definitely possible depending on when his ward meets. It’s also possible he didn’t go to an early meeting and his wife thought he did. But who would remember that six or so months later? The only way to know would probably be if they found a text from him saying he was going to be late or something. I’m pretty sure those meetings do not take any sort of official attendance. I can ask my husband to be sure.

Also, bishopric members do often have some meetings after church—recommend interviews or whatever—and will be at the building later. If he was their secretary he could easily have pretended to still be up there (or making visits with one of them if a member needed a visit for some reason) and Tammy would have never suspected.
Can someone explain to me the relevance of church clothes on a Sunday afternoon? I’m so confused by this.

The fact that Nate Eaton's local sources didn't know that the entire Daybell family believed in the bulk of Chad's doctrine, makes me think that it was a family secret locally. Chad used it to his advantage to manipulate family members, playing their spiritual protector. He did the same to the Arizona group. His neighbors who weren't part of his cult but were going to the same church likely had no idea they were possibly being rated. OTOH, his family embraced Julie Rowe, whose ideas were very close to Chad's (he copied her), so we shouldn't be surprised.

Can someone explain to me the relevance of church clothes on a Sunday afternoon? I’m so confused by this.
JMO: For some reason it seems very important for JP to show that Chad went directly from the church to the property viewing. Witnesses claim that in between, he and Lori showed them an imaginary building in the nearby park. Maybe he doesn't want to be placed together with Lori on the last day JJ was alive.

ETA: That's probably not it, because the realtor said that he picked up Chad at his home. Church clothes would only confirm that an event happened on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member