TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the secret recordings, MP for a hot minute related that she missed her children. She was ignored.

I have a recollection that Lori mentioned it was a process for her to "accept" that two of her kids were already gone, as if that were the mature take on the situation. That suggests to me that for a hot minute, she had a normal reaction to her children allegedly going dark.

She had to be convinced to stop fighting for custody of her kids, meaning for a hot minute she had interest in being with them.

It is so hard to understand the mindset with this group. There are hints of humanity in them somewhere, like the three examples for MP above. It was systematically destroyed by indoctrination. I am not in disagreement with people who believe she is part of the attempted murder of Brandon, and should be charged. But I found myself feeling sympathy for her when she unquestioningly trusted "Mom" and "Dad" to keep her safe, and they would just ghost her when it suited them. I feel bad when I see the process of stamping out all normal humanity. MP further showed her vulnerability by saying she'd live with IP in a dumpster, she trusted him so completely, and she knew him like a month! WTF? There is something so needy in these people, manipulators can just stamp away their human sides.

MOO
I agree about indoctrination ....but her brain certainly became 'washed and deprogrammed' pretty quick. she was all in. if one revisits her 'media interviews', you will see what a liar she was/is claiming she didnt believe 'any of it'.

she didnt turn Ian over to LV and CD as dark...she listened to him because HE was going to the police. it finally dawned on her LV and CD et al were not going to 'protect' her from LE pursuing her for information. finally, she gets it this is serious????????

children were MISSING but it meant nothing to her until her new hubby smacked her silly verbally...a major WTf......BUT, what we will never know is exactly what she told him right after they were married for him to go to the police and tell the 'my daughter was hiding and I freaked story' because of what Melaniece told him about_____<-------IMO, we will never really know specifically.

IMO, she had knowledge the children were murdered. but was ok with the zombie must die new wave doctrine until Ian freaked on her.

quickest deprogramming ever.

I was just catching up on last few minutes of trial today and thought...
oh... wait... they havent even brought up the "raccoon text" yet. Unless I missed it.

They did bring up some of Tammy's insurance policy through the school IIRC but not sure if all of it.

The last 2, I have not seen brought up yet either.
I’m thinking the raccoon text may come up after the jury sees the autopsy photos. AND…the fact no raccoon was found!

I agree about indoctrination ....but her brain certainly became 'washed and deprogrammed' pretty quick. she was all in. if one revisits her 'media interviews', you will see what a liar she was/is claiming she didnt believe 'any of it'.

she didnt turn Ian over to LV and CD as dark...she listened to him because HE was going to the police. it finally dawned on her LV and CD et al were not going to 'protect' her from LE pursuing her for information. finally, she gets it this is serious????????

children were MISSING but it meant nothing to her until her new hubby smacked her silly verbally...a major WTf......BUT, what we will never know is exactly what she told him right after they were married for him to go to the police and tell the 'my daughter was hiding and I freaked story' because of what Melaniece told him about_____<-------IMO, we will never really know specifically.

IMO, she had knowledge the children were murdered. but was ok with the zombie must die new wave doctrine until Ian freaked on her.

To build on what you wrote, after listening to testimony in this trial, there is no way that the other major players did not have suspicions about the deaths of the children. All the talk about light and dark and zombies, and getting rid of zombies, then the children go missing. Yeah, right.

I agree a hundred percent. I still think she would follow Chad and Lori, if she could only get them out of prison; which, by the way, is where Mrs. Pawlowski belongs.

To build on what you wrote, after listening to testimony in this trial, there is no way that the other major players did not have suspicions about the deaths of the children. All the talk about light and dark and zombies, and getting rid of zombies, then the children go missing. Yeah, right.
And yet, none of them called police. NOT ONE. If someone even suggested my child was dark or a zombie, I would laugh and say yes, they are a handful and maybe spoiled. But you touch one of them and you will see the wrath of God. Of course, they really will.

I’m really disliking how these people dodge the question about “if you’re casting, and it’s successful, the person will die, right?” and they just brush it off or act all innocent. They’re all ruthless when it comes to the death of those they deem unworthy. They’re so blasé about it and to me that indicates they were equally blasé about the children being gone.

I am very interested in the defense that JP will present. "Talking Heads" on Courttv stated that CD should get on the stand, say he was "brainwashed" and that it was all LVD's idea about "zombies" and ratings. But of course, they didn't get into how CD would explain Tammy's death.

And yet, none of them called police. NOT ONE. If someone even suggested my child was dark or a zombie, I would laugh and say yes, they are a handful and maybe spoiled. But you touch one of them and you will see the wrath of God. Of course, they really will.
They (the 2 Melanies and Zulema) all belong in prison. They willfully ignored the fact that the kids were missing. They tried to cast the demons out of the dark people and then the dark people ended up dead. They were ok with that. They didn't show one iota of responsibility to fellow humans.

I agree a hundred percent. I still think she would follow Chad and Lori, if she could only get them out of prison; which, by the way, is where Mrs. Pawlowski belongs.
This page of this thread is the first I've looked at anything on Chad's trial. I followed the case, elsewhere, and then drifted away because it took so long to get to this point. Seeing Melani/Melanie/however she spells it mentioned brings it all back. I agree that she is guilty as all get out. Anyway, what I'm wondering is if there's been any indication of Chad trying to blame Lori and Alex and if Chad's kids have been at the trial. This cast of freaks is like nothing I've ever seen in any other crime.

Whenever Prior brings up The Seven Gatherers, I can't help but picture them as an angry pop-punk girl band, with LVD as the lead singer/frontman, the Melani/es on backup vocals, Zulema as the drummer, the other three on tambourines, CD as their bumbling manager, and AC as their road crew.
I picture them crouched around a bubbling cauldron, adding leg of frog and eye of newt, cackling with malice.

This page of this thread is the first I've looked at anything on Chad's trial. I followed the case, elsewhere, and then drifted away because it took so long to get to this point. Seeing Melani/Melanie/however she spells it mentioned brings it all back. I agree that she is guilty as all get out. Anyway, what I'm wondering is if there's been any indication of Chad trying to blame Lori and Alex and if Chad's kids have been at the trial. This cast of freaks is like nothing I've ever seen in any other crime.
Welcome back. And yes it is a difficult case to follow with so many aspects.
I'm curious as to which Melani/Melanie you are referring to. Gibb, or niece?

Chad's kids have not been at the trial, and, of course Chad's lawyer is trying to blame anyone other than his client. He seems to be focused on Melanie Gibb as the scapegoat. I don't think it will fly.

Last edited:
Welcome back. And yes it is a difficult case to follow with so many aspects.
I'm curious as to which Melani/Melanie you are referring to. Gibb, or niece?

Chad's kids have not been at the trial, and, of course Chad's lawyer is trying to blame anyone other than his client. He seems to be focused on Melanie Gibb as the scapegoat. I don't think it will fly.
Oh, thanks! I actually followed it on reddit and we had a flow chart with all of the players. It's not a case that anyone could follow very easily get up to speed on.

I was talking about the niece who I think set up her ex for Alex to shoot. Gibb, I think is a drip but not a conspirator in any of the murders or attempted murder. I can't believe Chad's lawyer would try blaming her. Weak!

Is that crazy lawyer that Chad had in the beginning still around or is he totally out because of not being DP qualified? He used to say the most outrageous stuff and just added to the bizarre nature of it all.

I don't think that MP is close to deprogrammed. Nor do I think she was quickly brainwashed. If you know her story of her parents' divorce and her mothers death, which *could* be murder or encouraged suicide by uncle Alex, you can conclude that her whole life has been out of touch with reality.

Somehow, glimmers of humanity survived. I was just commenting on that.

It is not an evaluation of her legal culpability.

MOO

Wednesday, May 8th:
*Trial continues (Day 19) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Days 1-17 (4/10-5/6/24) reference post #304 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-4.711714/page-16

5/6/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 18: *State witness: Zulema Pastenes [wife of Alex Cox].
*Prior asks to admit a recording. Prosecutors ask to approach. Boyce says there is an issue that needs to be discussed outside the presence of the jury. Prior says the exhibit is from a police interview with Zulema from Oct. 2, 2020. The interview is over three hours long. Prior will play a clip for Zulema to identify. Prior moves to admit the entire interview that is over 3 hours long. Prior says he plans to call Zulema back during his defense. Blake objects to admitting the evidence as a cumulative waste of time. She says there have to be inconsistencies in the testimony versus the police interview, and there haven’t been any shown. Blake says Prior has not followed the rules on admitting the exhibit. Judge Boyce is ready to rule. He says to admit the entire exhibit would be premature, and he denies the admission.
*State witness continued: Dr. Garth Warren. He is a forensic pathologist for the Ada County Coroner’s Office. He has practiced seven years in Idaho and five years in Colorado. Will be back on stand tomorrow
For more info on direct see post #358 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-4.711714/page-18
Trial continues on Wednesday, 5/8/24.

If this case is ever made into a movie, people may find the plot unbelievable. I do wonder if it all began with a 12-year-old Chad doing his homework of writing a scifi essay.

I do remember this vibe from when they were first rumbled in Hawaii

On the one hand i felt it was obvious the kids were dead. But on the other hand it seemed scarcely believable that they murdered them and then just refused to say where they were?

The kids have not attended but the defense plans to call three of them.
John Prior flip flops between blaming the police “who framed Chad”, to laying all the blame on Lori, to blaming Lori’s friend Melani Gibb.
Prior is all over the place and yet he is doing a good job for Chad. He has no help and he asks good questions on one hand. But then his body language and responses to witnesses is the same old retreads. I dread the defense side of the trial.
The trial can be watched on you tube at East Idaho News or Court TV or Fox News 10 in Phoenix or Hidden True Crime.
You can keep up with all of it by reading texts from Nate Easton at East Idaho News.com

He posts here every day also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member