TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re very very welcome! It’s helping me cope with living on oxygen permanently now round the clock. I need activities for my Covid brain too lol. DH is off to California to spend Mothers Day with his Mom who recently turned 90 so I have lots of free time- just me and my dog and I’m loving it.
Ahhhh...feeling for you. But still thanking you for your efforts. It really helps us all. Even helps us cope!!

Maybe Megan wanted to attend for a day or two and they decided to turn it into a fun daddy-daughter shindig? Lol jk.

Hey I just had a thought...have Lori's parents ever said whether they knew about Chad or met him? I don't remember.
Just to clear things up…Rex is not Megan’s dad. He is her uncle - her father’s brother. I THINK her dad’s name might be Clif but I am not positive of that - but am SURE Rex is her uncle.

Edited to correct daughter to dad

So….I didn’t see a lot of today…but did see LVD at Walgreens buying those flip flops or sandals or whatever they were and saw her putting hers on before leaving the store & saw the pic when they got back to the house of her & Tylee wearing them. Who goes to buy flip flops immediately after her estranged husband is killed in her home? Who does that?

And why?

Did Tylee go out to the car to be with JJ so quickly that she didn’t stop to get shoes? Remember Tylee was in bed when the commotion started. But LVD was up and dressed and expecting CV so was she really barefoot too?

Or did LVD have CV’s blood on her shoes when she fled the house and notice it in route to the BK and ditch her shoes somewhere along the way to the 2nd Walgreens?

What was wrong with the first Walgreens? Did LVD ditch her bloody shoes in their trash and then decide to go to another to purchase the flip flops?

Our local Walgreens have trash cans near the store entrances. I would like to see that first store’s surveillance footage too. But the reality is that LE botched this and if she had bloody shoes not only could she have discarded them anywhere along the route she took that morning but they could have just as well been in the car because they never searched it.

So….I didn’t see a lot of today…but did see LVD at Walgreens buying those flip flops or sandals or whatever they were and saw her putting hers on before leaving the store & saw the pic when they got back to the house of her & Tylee wearing them. Who goes to buy flip flops immediately after her estranged husband is killed in her home? Who does that?

And why?

Did Tylee go out to the car to be with JJ so quickly that she didn’t stop to get shoes? Remember Tylee was in bed when the commotion started. But LVD was up and dressed and expecting CV so was she really barefoot too?

Or did LVD have CV’s blood on her shoes when she fled the house and notice it in route to the BK and ditch her shoes somewhere along the way to the 2nd Walgreens?

What was wrong with the first Walgreens? Did LVD ditch her bloody shoes in their trash and then decide to go to another to purchase the flip flops?

Our local Walgreens have trash cans near the store entrances. I would like to see that first store’s surveillance footage too. But the reality is that LE botched this and if she had bloody shoes not only could she have discarded them anywhere along the route she took that morning but they could have just as well been in the car because they never searched it.
Lori was killing time while Alex killed her husband.

After watching Court TV, one of their analysts was saying that Detective Werther testimony did more to help the defense than the prosecution, showing that Lori and Alex were together in the murder of Charles. But the other lady analyst, a judge, said maybe that testimony was to show Chad was in the planning of it all along and keeping tabs with all those phone calls. So that could be what the prosecution was going for today.

Prior does like to emphasize that Chad had nothing to do with Charles' murder, but after all the recent testimony about what happens to "dark" people, this may have been to tie it all in to show Chad designated Charles as dark and Charles died so he was very much involved all along with all the murders.

Lori was killing time while Alex killed her husband.
Thank you for your input, but I am not at all convinced of that. I think CV was dead or dying before she left the house - just not sure who fired the deadly shot. I also wonder whether LVD may have taken CV’s phone so he could not reach it to call for help himself. I think Alex was both waiting for CV to die (to bleed out from his wounds not to inflict additional ones) and cleaning up whatever might have been there to incriminate LVD before calling 911 and that yes she was killing time for him to do that…but I also think Tylee left the house that morning without shoes on and wonder whether LVD did or discarded hers along the way.

THE ARGUMENTS THUS FAR, A SUMMARY.
<snipped to placate the Good Bandwidth Fairy>
None of this had anything to do with Chad Daybell at all... which is why he told his daughter she only needed to cooperate with police if she wanted to and why he's obviously Not Guilty.
This is brilliant, wnk, worthy of Wonkette, which is a huge compliment.

On Monday night’s Courtroom Insider, Nate read a statement that Ian P. wrote prior to lawyering up (I don’t remember the date of this published statement). He seemed to go back and forth with accepting the reality of the situation and continuing to live in denial. It seems he ultimately chose to live in denial and shield “innocent” Melaniece. My initial thought was that this was “cope” at work. For whatever reason he chose to marry this woman he didn’t really know ASAP and bring his children around her, only to find out she’s deeply involved in some Mormon fanfiction fringe group that involves death and missing children. I’m not shocked he’s “playing ostrich” and standing by his woman…it’s much easier than recognizing you made an insane mistake and getting out of dodge. Sunk cost fallacy at work.

People like to joke about Mormons marrying young and quickly but I’m not sure what the deal is with Ian shacking up so quickly with Melaniece. It’s not like he was an older, never-married LDS man desperate to fulfill the cultural marriage requirement.

Zulema and Alex married quickly but they both became entrenched in Chad’s cult (what is the official name of this BTW?) independently before tying the knot suddenly. Ian P. was apparently a rando that met Melaniece on a dating app.

Why did Ian and Natalie divorce?

MOO.
thanks for your insight. I seem to recall that Ian stated he found out a day later after they married for one hot minute,,,,that Melaniece began telling him 'stuff' that alarmed him.....and then when his child was hiding in the roomhe immediately thought she was abducted because of what M told him.

which prompted him to 'decide' to go to the police. IMO, that wasnt exactly how this all shook out. his ex seems to be the initiator. I believe she also gave an interview (maybe) and said Ian was a good father, but not husband :)

its my recollection. fancy way of covering for his own moronic decision to continue with her. I also recall they met on a dating app I do not know when Ian divorced.
No clue why the Arizona testimony came in when it did today.

A few guesses:

Detective Werther was not available earlier in the trial when they discussed the CV murder.

Trying to give the jury a break after the gruesome autopsy info.

Reminding the jury Chad may have been involved in that murder too since he was in constant contact with Lori that morning. Prior is constantly asking witnesses like Ian and Zulema if they are aware Chad is not involved in that murder.
yes, and CD was the one that called about CV remains, not LV...posing as a nephew...cost of cremation and shipping....

yes, IMO, it was alerting the jury he was in contact that morning CV was murdered. and reminder he was lying when he called the funeral parlor about CV's death and what costs would be associated with handling his remains...hope the jurors remember that call....

it evidences as to how deeply connected he was to ALL aspects of the murders in concert with LV. including CV, despite not being charged.

You’re very very welcome! It’s helping me cope with living on oxygen permanently now round the clock. I need activities for my Covid brain too lol. DH is off to California to spend Mothers Day with his Mom who recently turned 90 so I have lots of free time- just me and my dog and I’m loving it.
Thanks for all you do for us. Alone time can be good and enjoyable. I'm sorry that you're still struggling with long covid.

And why?

RIP tylee, no disrespect here. not one word of her account, LVs account or Alex's was credible.

tylee had major discrepancies as to where she was when AC shot Charles and when she left to be with JJ who was in the car. and then was confronted with one statement, asked about going back inside.....she says oh yes, kind of surprised she was asked, I did go back inside to get my mom's purse. did she really?

Tylee had to walk right past a bleeding and dying CV. but says she just didnt really look. she also claims she only heard one sound....well, there were two shots.

AC said he was just staying overnite for no reason, was going to do things with the 'family' the next day. denies he was asked to stay there to 'protect' LV....unknown to him, LV says she asked him to stay overnite 'just in case'.

LV had a significant about of time to prep Tylee. but couldnt anticipate all LE questions.

Snipped by me

LV had a significant about of time to prep Tylee. but couldnt anticipate all LE questions.
I had not thought about LV using that time to go over what Tylee should say but agree that Tylee wasn’t telling all she knew so it definitely makes sense. I’ve wondered whether that may have been what caused LVD to kill Tylee or have her killed - though I tend to think LVD did it herself or with AC - because she knew too much - perhaps even threatened to tell someone after carrying that information for almost 2 months.

I'm behind.... was Chad's call to the mortuary (regarding cremation and shipping costs) discussed in court today? If so, did the jury hear the recording of the call?

which prompted him to 'decide' to go to the police. IMO, that wasnt exactly how this all shook out. his ex seems to be the initiator. I believe she also gave an interview (maybe) and said Ian was a good father, but not husband
Ian stated that he was worried for his biological children (and I believe that) but I find it odd he chose to call his ex-wife instead of like, I don't know, his parents. Or a sibling. Maybe he doesn't have a relationship with them, IDK. Ian also stated that his ex-wife had requested repeatedly to have Melani's full name so she could scope her out on social media but he kept refusing, claiming fear it would get back to Brandon or something.

I think his ex's request is reasonable since she was concerned about who he was brining around their kids and, if you had a good relationship with the mother of your kids, you would understand.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member