TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrolling through my list of witnesses from LVD's trial who have not testified yet:

DEFINITELY STILL TO COME:
  • JARED WILLMORE (Madison Co. - LVD & CD prison phone call - preliminary hearing video) - might be a strong soundbyte for the Prosecution to close off with
MAYBE?
  • RICK SCHMITT (Rexburg PD - storage unit footage) - not sure if the storage unit is so much of a grand slam here; they might skip that
  • SUMMER SHIFLET (LVD's sister) - her phone call with LVD in prison definitely implicates LVD more, so they might skip that for this trial
  • DOUGLAS HALEPASKA (FBI forensics - tool marks on TR's bones) - I don't think they've mentioned the tool marks specifically - or did I miss that?
  • DAVID SINCERBEAUX (ID State PD analytical chemist - gasoline present w remains) - might not be the most necessary detail?
  • RICKY WRIGHT (FBI - AC's GPS location) - I feel like most of this data has been covered already by others?
  • AUDREY BARATTIERO (LVD's friend - beliefs, negative spirits, threats) - I feel like her testimony implicated LVD more, so they might skip her
And ones that did not testify at LVD's trial:
  • GARTH DAYBELL, EMMA MURRAY, JOSEPH MURRAY - I don't think the prosecution will call them; I don't think they'd get any reliable testimony from them that hasn't already been provided by more reliable sources
Anyone have a list of who's still under subpoena and might make a return? I think Hermosillo might be?

Benjamin Dean, Intelligence Analyst, Chad sent Tammy, message, regarding the "Racoon". Shooting it, and burying it in the backyard.

Longest text message, ever sent to Tammy, on September 9, 2019. Last day, after Tylee was seen alive, on September 8, 2019.

In a way, this was the MOST important item that connects Chad Daybell to being involved with the conspiracy in Tylee's murder. To me.

I am also interested, was CD even working at this time? Or was Tammy supporting everyone with her librarian job? Most men are not home, tooling around on Monday morning.

Racoon!
Hopefully we get to the STORM! soon.

I think that "Racoon" is a metaphor for "Storm." Here's why:

"[Storms] are primarily crepuscular (active at dawn and dusk) and nocturnal (active at night). They occasionally venture out in the daytime, but that does not mean that they are diseased."
[Wikipedia]

Janet Anderson, friend of Tammy, testimony about her health.

INMO, this is getting dragged out too much. And really, my husband had great health, until the day he dropped dead with a heart attack. No signs at all. Fortunately, he was brought back with CPR.

But, we get it, Tammy Daybell was healthy, according to her friends.

Following up to WNK's post above, I often wonder who the last witness for the prosecution will be. It has to be high impact, so I am kind of stumped.

I think they may show the storage locker footage with Lori and Chad especially, it shows he knew what was going on with the jeep seat/tire. In other words, he was in on that one, too.

I think there are still missing emails of texts between Chad and Lori that we haven't seen. Like all those messages re: the "Storm" (puke). Or did I just miss that? If so, glad I did!

INMO, this is getting dragged out too much. And really, my husband had great health, until the day he dropped dead with a heart attack. No signs at all. Fortunately, he was brought back with CPR.

I think these ladies today were "filler" testimony and I agree, enough already. We get it, Tammy's colleagues saw her as healthy and happy.

ETA: Sorry to hear about your hubby. You say he dropped dead but was brought back w/CPR?

I agree it may not really be necessary to have so many say basically the same thing. But I think it is more to emphasize that CD is lying when he says she was sickly than it is to say she could not have just died after being in good health so recently and perhaps to show that if ED is called and repeats that TD was sickly she is also lying. I totally agree that a seemingly healthy individual can pass away with no warning - happens all the time.

I think these ladies today were "filler" testimony and I agree, enough already. We get it, Tammy's colleagues saw her as healthy and happy.

ETA: Sorry to hear about your hubby. You say he dropped dead but was brought back w/CPR?

Yes. He was actually "dead". But he had CPR, and fortunately, had a heart attack, about 6 blocks from a major hospital in Spokane, WA. They had him in for surgery within 20 minutes of his heart attack. It was that fast!

He is fine now. But he seemed fine that day to everyone. (He didn't have a near death experience either).

Scrolling through my list of witnesses from LVD's trial who have not testified yet:

• JARED WILLMORE (Madison Co. - LVD & CD prison phone call - preliminary hearing video) - might be a strong soundbyte for the Prosecution to close off with
MAYBE?
  • RICK SCHMITT (Rexburg PD - storage unit footage) - not sure if the storage unit is so much of a grand slam here; they might skip that
  • SUMMER SHIFLET (LVD's sister) - her phone call with LVD in prison definitely implicates LVD more, so they might skip that for this trial
  • DOUGLAS HALEPASKA (FBI forensics - tool marks on TR's bones) - I don't think they've mentioned the tool marks specifically - or did I miss that?
  • DAVID SINCERBEAUX (ID State PD analytical chemist - gasoline present w remains) - might not be the most necessary detail?
  • RICKY WRIGHT (FBI - AC's GPS location) - I feel like most of this data has been covered already by others?
  • AUDREY BARATTIERO (LVD's friend - beliefs, negative spirits, threats) - I feel like her testimony implicated LVD more, so they might skip her
And ones that did not testify at LVD's trial:
  • GARTH DAYBELL, EMMA MURRAY, JOSEPH MURRAY - I don't think the prosecution will call them; I don't think they'd get any reliable testimony from them that hasn't already been provided by more reliable sources
Anyone have a list of who's still under subpoena and might make a return? I think Hermosillo might be?
Thank you for your well-researched posts!

I think it is possible that there is a more to the Audrey Baratierro story that we haven't heard. I agree that her testimony that Lori would kill her was more damning to Lori. But her testimony that she was supposed to be Lori's handler while Tammy was alive is more damning to Chad, and puts him in the driver's seat.

Prior is definitely sharpening knives in regards to her. He has already somehow mentioned that when she was in HI, she was going to get married. I have no idea what that was about, but it can't be as simple as an alternative explanation for wedding stuff shopping because if it were, Prior wouldn't be using bringing it up as a threat.

There is a HTC interview with one of the AVOW/PAP speaker&self-promoter named Shawn Littkebear who talked a bit about Audrey. But it was hard for me to understand what he was getting at. Two things he said were that Audrey was constantly calling Chad and that Chad was stringing Audrey along because she was unmarried. Stringing her along for what, however, I did not learn from the cryptic interview.

Maybe Audrey will be another surprise.

-------

Emma: I hope the prosecution starts questioning her by pouring on sympathy for her loss, and Emma, assuming she is still all indoctrinated and unable to help her mother, just looks at them baffled and is like. "Well, she gained 40 pounds and was going to bed early." She isn't emotionally mature at all from what I've seen, and she is going to have a very hard time with questions that allude to grief. She really won't survive the prosecution showing any consideration for there being a loss. She will come off detached, when LE and scientists were clearly affected.

MOO

I think it is very important. One of the witnesses even threw some subtle shade on Emma.

I think the more people who saw Tammy healthy, active, focused on the future, the better. Prior is trying to claim Emma knew her better. Yeah, maybe better than one friend. Two friends. The Zumba teacher. But you start piling on more and more, and Emma looks like she's brainwashed, lying, or trying to save her fathers life.

Also, when different people have slightly different memories- no change in weight v. losing weight for example as we saw today, the memories seem flawed like honest memories tainted by area of interest. It makes them believable and certainly cuts into the argument that there is some kind of conspiracy.

MOO

Ian stated that he was worried for his biological children (and I believe that) but I find it odd he chose to call his ex-wife instead of like, I don't know, his parents. Or a sibling. Maybe he doesn't have a relationship with them, IDK. Ian also stated that his ex-wife had requested repeatedly to have Melani's full name so she could scope her out on social media but he kept refusing, claiming fear it would get back to Brandon or something.

I think his ex's request is reasonable since she was concerned about who he was brining around their kids and, if you had a good relationship with the mother of your kids, you would understand.

MOO.

I still don’t understand killing someone and no traces of blood, ANY blood, being found at the apartment or a struggle. Tylee was possibly stronger than Lori. And I don’t understand
the boldness of Chad killing or dismembering or burning s body on his property since he had Emma and her husband living so close. If a neighbor questioned the burning, why didn’t Tammy or the children?

I am also curious to see what Prior has on Melani Gibb. He sure wants to pin the murders on her. Her phone call to Lori and Chad made her sound pretty innocent of anything except lying to the police one time.
IMO, Tylee probably strangled and probably was a struggle. way too much body evidence. they made sure her remains would not yield how she was murdered. for JJ: autopsy could not confirm if GHB was ingested or produced naturally in his body because of the low level.

But: he also had alcohol, caffeine and theobromine (found in chocolate, cocoa, tea and also other pharm products). IMO, he was drugged but sadly, it appears he struggled... and it was confirmed he died of asphyxiation.

MG knows nothing and believed in nothing. /s

hard not to gag listening to MG police interviews her claiming she did not believe anything concerning zombies, but could recite all of the new wave teachings and remember ALL OF it but claims she didnt believe.

IMO, LE went for the big fishies. IMO, LE did not want to spend time pursuing this tiny group as conspirators. hard to prove at minimum, simply compromising an investigation for missing children that MGibb and MB knew the children were dead and not missing.

MGibb knew she was going down the path of being marked 'dark' for herself and DWarwick when she confronted LV. that is when she decided she NEEDED LE to protect her. same with MB and Ian.

and there is Z who was given limited use immunity. I will forever wonder why.

JP cross, bringing up Emma again. Seems like Emma will be a star witness for the defense.
I don't think it will go well.

She can't lie, it's illegal, so she has to testify to her opinion/subjective observations. So, for example, she can't say Tammy took breaks in fitness class when others have said she didn't. She can only say stuff like only she knew how tired Tammy really was. Where there is a conflict in reports to the point that someone will have to be lying, the jury will consider who had a motive to lie.

What do Tammy's friends have to gain by lying and saying she was healthy? Nothing. What does Emma have to gain by lying and validating her father's story? His approval and his life saved.

It does happen when someone without symptoms suddenly dies, but...

1) That was not the claim. Chad didn't say she seemed fine, didn't need to visit the doctor often, and suddenly died. He claimed she was sick, tired, "lazy" gaining weight, anemic, and using a variety of herbal medications because she hated doctors.

2) Usually, a symptom-free-till-fatal episode person would have something show up on autopsy- but her organs were healthy. For instance, she had not just had an heart attack. She wasn't inflamed, infected, malnourished, etc.

I am so thankful for you and your husband. I can't imagine being the briefly dead one of the spouse!

Edit: that was OR the spouse, not OF the spouse. My point was, that brief death must have changed both of your lives.

MOO

Last edited:
Snipped by me

Lots of ways to kill someone without there being any blood - perhaps strangled or smothered. I do believe that there was likely signs of a struggle in the apartment when Tylee was killed but LVD & AC straightened it up that night. Also, LE wouldn’t have been in the apartment for another 2 1/2 months and after LVD had removed things that belonged to the children so they wouldn’t have noticed anything being out of place or anything broken in Tylee’s room as LVD had plenty of time to remove/replace anything that had been broken - that night she & AC just needed to make sure that it didn’t look scary for JJ the next morning

This is gonna be gross…I’m sorry…

As for blood during dismemberment…
1) remember that Tylee was dead for over 6 hours when her body was taken to Daybell property - that means lividity had set in - blood had pooled to lowest part(s) of the body - unknown what position she was placed in so not sure exactly where it pooled but it would not have remained in the veins to bleed if a shovel struck her arm to sever it from the body or a pick axe pierced her pelvic bone etc
2) even if blood had pooled in those areas it would have been minimal as the body needs the heart beating to keep the blood circulating which causes us to bleed when cut but most likely they placed her with her body lying on her back and blood would have pooled in the back and chest around the organs
3) if done while body was being burned as I suspect it was the fire would cauterize the blood vessel - burn it and close it - the reason 3rd degree burns do not bleed - they have destroyed the blood vessels and blood cannot pass thru
4) I suspect that the reason for the bucket originally was to hold body parts that were wet with blood that had pooled in certain areas and would not burn until the blood dried
5) When dried blood is burned it disintegrates like other organs in the body so subsequent fires destroyed most of what remained

I’m really not trying to be gross with this post - just want everyone to understand why there was no more evidence to be found than what LE came up with and why months later there was no obvious crime scene at the apartments. I think they did a very good job of bringing in what could be recovered from the Daybell property.
appreciate your thoughts and explanation with regard to your opinion....thank you. im still curious about the one thigh bone of Tylee's where it was identified as having carnivore activity.

I cant recall or maybe it wasnt testified to, if it was known where the thigh bone was recovered from. fire pit or grave....

I agree it may not really be necessary to have so many say basically the same thing. But I think it is more to emphasize that CD is lying when he says she was sickly than it is to say she could not have just died after being in good health so recently and perhaps to show that if ED is called and repeats that TD was sickly she is also lying. I totally agree that a seemingly healthy individual can pass away with no warning - happens all the time.
I think they are speaking for Tammy, bringing her alive in the courtroom. She can't speak for herself, they are speaking for her. I think it's a good strategy.

<snipped>
Correcting my own post. Apparently, this phone call was already played, WAAAAY back on Day 3.

I think they are speaking for Tammy, bringing her alive in the courtroom. She can't speak for herself, they are speaking for her. I think it's a good strategy.
I agree. I think having 3 people who saw Tammy shortly before her death all say the same thing, makes it more difficult for the defense to argue that Tammy was sick.
If/when Emma steps up for the defense, the jury will see it for what it is...a child fighting for her father's life, not necessarily an unbiased person.

I'm also curious as to which of Chad's kids will actually take the stand. In opening, JP said 4....mumble or 3...of Chad's children will take the stand. I took this to mean that one of the 4 was wavering. Maybe by next week 2 of the 4 will be wavering. I feel for Tammy's children (and I prefer to call them Tammy's children) as they have lost one parent and might be motivated to 'save' their remaining parent, but I hope at least a few of them will stand up for their mother.

I'll be waiting to see which of them takes the stand for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018