TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m just now catching up on today’s testimony. I think it is good for the jury to hear the James & Elena story along with details of what was going on with CD & LVD at the same time but I think if I hear anymore of it I might…scream or yell or be ill or something…not going to listen to anymore of it so I guess I won’t find out :)

I think today was a good day and gave the jury even more things to show CD was heading down this path before LVD came along and that he’s as responsible as she is and that the two of them together were a lethal combination.

I still want to hear AB though as I think her testimony is valuable of how CD asked her to befriend LVD and that he was going to marry her and needed AB to be a liaison for him and all that was right around the time the first casting meetings were held - long before CV or Tylee & JJ or TD were murdered - and it was instigated by CD not LVD.

I think CD’s goose is already cooked but I guess I want it to be well done for the jury.
Life intervened with me during this testimony. Did they introduce LOINFIRE ??

Is it very commonplace for spouses to be put on headstones in Mormon culture?

I've learned a lot about the LDS church, Mormonism, and the associated cultures over the years for different reasons and I know they are big on genealogy. I share this interest and I am also a "fan" of cemeteries (as weird as it sounds). Including your spouse's name on your stone, I think, has fallen out of fashion overall as spouses are usually laid together anyway and may have a small marker between them noting the relationship. You tend to see "husband of X" or "wife of X" more on super old stones. Usually a stone will just say "wife, loving wife, husband," etc.

If so, then that is truly horrendous of Chad, but not entirely unexpected.

I was out driving and listening to this. And I guffawed. Sad I had no one to share it with.
Think about the jury- all the horror, all the cringeworthy theological machinations to justify the most base desires, and...

...and they are not allowed to discuss a single thing. Not even with each other.

MOO

From a long time ago, who did did Chad tell Tammy had a smiled on her face when he found her? I keep waiting for that story to be revealed to jury,

-
That was the version he published in his double-paywalled AVOW column. It almost seems like he wrote it before he murdered her, and he was describing how he planned for the scene to look.

The article had a title along the lines of 'moving on to the next part of my life' or something. Tammy's death was all about Chad's life, of course.

People paid real money to read his work, and it wasn't just to snark on him.

MOO

Wow, I just finished watching that Hidden True Crime interview with Julie Jackson. While it's about how she and her family were so damaged by Julie Rowe, the structure of her experience and even a lot of the things she said and words she used are identical to everyone who's survived a relationship with a narcissist. It doesn't matter if it's a cult leader, a family member, a significant other or a perceived friend, the structure is always the same. She's in a lot of pain and has not come to terms with what was done to her. I hope she learns about that subject so she can begin to understand (as much as one can understand those monsters). It was also really interesting to learn the origin of that light/dark rating system and where it came from. Highly recommend watching the interview and thanks to whoever it was that posted it!

So I’m just now catching up on today’s testimony. I think it is good for the jury to hear the James & Elena story along with details of what was going on with CD & LVD at the same time but I think if I hear anymore of it I might…scream or yell or be ill or something…not going to listen to anymore of it so I guess I won’t find out :)

I think today was a good day and gave the jury even more things to show CD was heading down this path before LVD came along and that he’s as responsible as she is and that the two of them together were a lethal combination.

I still want to hear AB though as I think her testimony is valuable of how CD asked her to befriend LVD and that he was going to marry her and needed AB to be a liaison for him and all that was right around the time the first casting meetings were held - long before CV or Tylee & JJ or TD were murdered - and it was instigated by CD not LVD.

I think CD’s goose is already cooked but I guess I want it to be well done for the jury.
I didn't see it it yet. Did they go over the fire in his loins or however he phrased that?

Eric Smith is seen as one of the influences on both Julie Rowe's and Chad's doctrines with his study of light/dark, Church of the Firstborn, etc. For some time he was JR's right hand man and previously an editor for Chad's publishing company. He has been excommunicated around the time JR was (before Chad). HTC and CourtTV interviewed him about Chad in the past. Just a day or so ago he was a guest on a yt channel of a self-proclaimed psychic. I haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know how much he deconstructed, but he considers the LDS church merely a corporation. He would make an interesting witness, although I'm not sure for which side.

That was the version he published in his double-paywalled AVOW column. It almost seems like he wrote it before he murdered her, and he was describing how he planned for the scene to look.

The article had a title along the lines of 'moving on to the next part of my life' or something. Tammy's death was all about Chad's life, of course.

People paid real money to read his work, and it wasn't just to snark on him.

MOO
Thank you!

Think about the jury- all the horror, all the cringeworthy theological machinations to justify the most base desires, and...

...and they are not allowed to discuss a single thing. Not even with each other.

MOO

You stated this so well! It can be weeks filled with mental and emotional struggle for some jurors.

That was one of the most difficult things about jury duty (for me)... not being able to discuss witness testimony, and obvious bits of puzzling info with fellow jurors. And, I was never seated as a juror on murder trial so that has to be a thousand times worse.

jmo

Thinking about Heather Daybell and how she knew something was wrong and tried to tell people; but was labeled a troublemaker, (I think "pot-stirrer" is what her in-laws called her) accused of exaggerating, etc. People chose to believe what they wanted to; loyalty to Chad, etc.

That's how people like Chad are able to get away with this stuff, no oversight. Don't believe this woman over here, be loyal to this man over there. Chad had privilege and entitlement as a man, as a church member, as the leader of his family. People wouldn't question him. Except the "outlaw" in-law, who had known him a long time, and most improtantly, had the guts to speak out.

How many people have apologized to Heather? Few to none, I bet. She was a "whistleblower" in effect. And whistleblowers are not popular.

It makes me think about times when I have been "Heather," and wasn't listened to; and times when I would not listen to a "Heather," regretfully.

It takes courage to go against prevailing beliefs and be the only or one of the few voices speaking out. I'm thinking now, who am I not listening to? What am I believing because I want to, and against my better judgement?
Did Heather’s husband support her beliefs and concerns?

Eric Smith is seen as one of the influences on both Julie Rowe's and Chad's doctrines with his study of light/dark, Church of the Firstborn, etc. For some time he was JR's right hand man and previously an editor for Chad's publishing company. He has been excommunicated around the time JR was (before Chad). HTC and CourtTV interviewed him about Chad in the past. Just a day or so ago he was a guest on a yt channel of a self-proclaimed psychic. I haven't listened to it yet, so I don't know how much he deconstructed, but he considers the LDS church merely a corporation. He would make an interesting witness, although I'm not sure for which side.
Follow up: Wow, ES thinks that Chad was a good person who wanted to help people, but had some childhood trauma to overcome, and then Lori appeared with murderous/darker side to it all. It looks like ES has not been deprogrammed yet.

Yeah, I'm also opposed to the death penalty, although I waver when child-killers are involved. I won't lose any sleep, let's just put it that way.
Ninja-edit: They can use the firing squad there!!! On account of companies not wanting their drugs used for state sanctioned killings. Wow, Idaho ain't screwin' around.
The gun/ammo companies are proud of their products to put an end to a child murderer’s life of destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592