TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh I think I’m on trial overload or something. I can’t seem to keep straight whether I’ve learned something in this trial testimony, LVD’s trial, CD’s preliminary hearing, WS, news reports, podcasts, etc. For example, didn’t we already know in this trial that gasoline was used or was that just in the LVD trial? I really thought it was only a week or two ago that I learned of it so I thought it was this trial.

Next state witness is Detective CHUCK KUNSAITIS (Rexburg PD), who testified on day 5 about the search warrants (including the storage unit), financial documents, and travel documents. In LVD's trial, he also testified about the satellite imagery of the Daybell residence, so I'm guessing that's what's coming up now.

Next State witness (#65) is Doug Halepaska. My notes from LVD's trial:

32 - DOUGLAS HALEPASKA: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics examiner in firearms & tool marks division (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones - signs of stabbing & chopping injuries on pelvis bone (Feb-Oct 2021)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials

Will be using this link as reference.

sorry - wrong link above

I am having trouble getting my nut round "steamy" and "Chad Daybell" in the same universe, let alone same sentence.

But then I'm a bit tired after mowing our downtown 3 x 5 metre "pasture" yesterday aft.

Waiting for Prior to pop up to reinforce, for the 5000th time, his "Lori as Murderous Chad-framing Temptress" narrative.

Gosh I think I’m on trial overload or something. I can’t seem to keep straight whether I’ve learned something in this trial testimony, LVD’s trial, CD’s preliminary hearing, WS, news reports, podcasts, etc. For example, didn’t we already know in this trial that gasoline was used or was that just in the LVD trial? I really thought it was only a week or two ago that I learned of it so I thought it was this trial.
Count me in the same boat. I really think the State needs to tie things up and have a slam dunk final witness, whoever that may be (Tammy's sister would have been my choice).

Count me in the same boat. I really think the State needs to tie things up and have a slam dunk final witness, whoever that may be (Tammy's sister would have been my choice).

Yes. I am interested in the defense. How many people JP will call...who will stand up for CD. I am thinking it will be a pretty short list.

Been seeing some grumblings on social media about people thinking "the storm" stories are funny and looking forward to them is bad because "it's a trial about children being murdered."

Well yeah it's a trial for grisly murders. We need something to laugh at - we're laughing at Chad, not the murdered children or murdered wife. I need people to give me a break.

Yes. I am interested in the defense. How many people JP will call...who will stand up for CD. I am thinking it will be a pretty short list.
In the opening statement he mentioned Chad's children and listed three defense's experts by name. He will call MG as well, trying to accuse RW of improper communication with her. MG and RW are his two targets, seemingly even more than Lori and Alex.

Good plan JP to cut short the questions on tool marks, when it became obvious that the body of Tylee had been so completely degraded by the absolute brutality to what was left of her body, that not even forensic science could make determinations of secondary marks left by tools.

Nice visual right before lunch break for the jury. Not.

Is Prior ill? He's not his usual sarcastic, irascible self today.

Noted. JP is a bit subdued today. Not a lot of wit going on today. Not much attacking out of the gate. He is finally being crushed by the weight of the overwhelming evidence that this case is a dog. No "Baez" magic win and riches from this trial. JMO.

Here are some of my notes on that:

Prior explained in his opening statement what each of the experts will testify about: expert 1 (dr. Greg Hampikian) - JJ's and Tylee's remains: several other hairs found on the plastic bag where a single Lori's hair was found; no Chad's DNA found on the remains; expert 2 (dr. Raven) - Tammy's COD considered inconclusive; expert 3 (Patrick Eller) - more Alex's phone pings: likely suggesting that placing Alex together with Chad in his back yard was not reliable; expert 4 (Eric Bartelink) - Tylee's remains: discussion about tools, parts of the body were missing - perhaps suggesting that the body was burned elsewhere

Feeling a bit under the weather. @NewswithKait is taking over the Daybell updates this afternoon.
Nate's been coughing up a storm for like 3 weeks, don't remember if he said he went to the doctor or not. Dude might need to just lay down for a day or two and inhale hot tea or something.

ETA: Pun not intended, wow.

Noted. JP is a bit subdued today. Not a lot of wit going on today. Not much attacking out of the gate. He is finally being crushed by the weight of the overwhelming evidence that this case is a dog. No "Baez" magic win and riches from this trial. JMO.
JP might be pondering when to give notice to vacate the house to the Daybell child and how he’s going to sell it when Tammy and the children were murdered on the premises.

I’ve said repeatedly Chad was/is a serial killer. Lori was his sycophant. Today’s testimony has proven the murderer of Tylee used a pick axe on her pelvis. Testimony was that it wasn’t to dismember her and it was overkill. Chad didn’t like Tylee and knew she didn’t like him. He took out his aggression on all women who rejected him.
She was not going to be his last. Also this killing was not in the apartment as there was no dna there. Yet Chads tools were used.
I’m glad he was arrested. Being a grave digger and having an obsession with death anyway, I can see how he enjoyed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201