TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my notes on that:

Prior explained in his opening statement what each of the experts will testify about: expert 1 (dr. Greg Hampikian) - JJ's and Tylee's remains: several other hairs found on the plastic bag where a single Lori's hair was found; no Chad's DNA found on the remains; expert 2 (dr. Raven) - Tammy's COD considered inconclusive; expert 3 (Patrick Eller) - more Alex's phone pings: likely suggesting that placing Alex together with Chad in his back yard was not reliable; expert 4 (Eric Bartelink) - Tylee's remains: discussion about tools, parts of the body were missing - perhaps suggesting that the body was burned elsewhere
Are we certain that the "Lori's hair" was not a synthetic from a hair extension?

I keep wondering how I would have reacted. I didn't have a good relationship with my mom and if she was accused of killing my dad, I don't think that would turn me against her. When the chips are down, I think it's really difficult to go against your parent no matter what.
Yeah, I don't think any of us would like to imagine the extreme stress of being faced with what was dumped on their heads. I'd bet that none of them think there's any evidence Tammy was murdered and they've probably told themselves that Chad was unaware of how the kids ended up buried in the yard. They probably blame Alex and Lori.

I think no small part of the reason the Daybell children are being called as defense witnesses is to keep them from hearing the prosecution witnesses and evidence. They still could watch the trial I think, as victims of Tammy’s murder themselves? But almost certainly they are not. Chad and Prior would have counseled them to stay away from any evidence of Chad’s guilt.

Denial runs so deep and the LDS culture of strong patriarchal leadership reinforces this so of *course* they believe their father to be innocent.

No cross from JP, wowza.

ETA: Witnesses went more quickly than expected today, next State witness tomorrow morning. Court over early today.
IMO, JP couldnt keep up with the phones, wondering jeez, what should I ask....way too scary for him to pose any questions as the communications were so clearly outlined between all of them concerning the victims.

Prior was different today.

Complete speculation, but this is my theory. He was bluffing all along about the kids testifying, and today he learned the prosecution is really going to call Garth, Emma or Leah. And Prior knows it will go badly.

Priors only chance on the Tammy charges was to make the jury believe Chads own kids think he is innocent. But once one takes the stand, it's over. They will either crack a bit, come out with honest unfavorable facts, or come off as proof of Chads control over others. Or any combination.

MOO

What's with all the different area codes? Is that what comes with a burner phone? If I buy a burner in the state of Alabama, could I possibly have an area code associated with a different State? (Asking for a friend!)

Not true. It’s Chad’s culture that reinforces denial. We wouldn’t be having this trial if it wasn’t for Chad’s denial.
It is true that LDS has a strong patriarchal culture and I do believe the kids are in denial because Chad taught them: “I am your father. Believe no one but me.”

Prior was different today.

Complete speculation, but this is my theory. He was bluffing all along about the kids testifying, and today he learned the prosecution is really going to call Garth, Emma or Leah. And Prior knows it will go badly.

Priors only chance on the Tammy charges was to make the jury believe Chads own kids think he is innocent. But once one takes the stand, it's over. They will either crack a bit, come out with honest unfavorable facts, or come off as proof of Chads control over others. Or any combination.

MOO
Maybe Prior is ill. Nate Eaton has been coughing and ill for weeks. And Lauren from Hidden True Crime was sick also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911