TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so incredibly sad to watch Charles. He seemed like such a nice man.
It is devastating to watch Charles trying to explain to police how crazy Lori is and that she is a 'risk' to others. I can't imagine how that police officer feels now, knowing that Charles and the kids were murdered. Of course he had no way to know that at the time. So many couples experiencing difficulties accuse each other of terrible things.

Wednesday, May 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 24) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Days 1-22 (4/10-5/13/24) reference post #154 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-5.712515/page-8

5/14/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 23: *State witnesses: Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Lily Marsden [from the Utah Medical Examiner’s Office. She is a forensic pathologist; attended the exhumation of Tammy Daybell]. FBI Special Agent Rick Wright [a contractor special investigator for the FBI in Pocatello. When Rexburg police contacted FBI on 11/27/19 & described the circumstances under which JJ was missing, it met the requirements of the FBI getting involved. JJ was 7 at the time]. Will be back on the stand for cross-exam tomorrow.
For more info on direct see post #170 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-5.712515/page-9
Trial continues on Wednesday, 5/15/24.

I hadn't seen that text before, have you?

MG really described it as a vision, not a nightmare like in the police interviews. And she said that David felt plural people were in acute danger and he couldn't get to them.

I wonder about the time line. And it is interesting that there were like 2 hours by Melanie's report between texting Chad and texting Lori. I mean, were David and Melanie awake from 2-4 AM? Did they call Chad? Call Lori? Or just text.

What happened that night?

Is it possible that DW and MG knew something bad was going down and tried to interrupt. Maybe Melanie tried the door first, and was like.... I gotta do something so I don't get in trouble without getting them in trouble....and made up the vision?

That additional information (new to me anyway) only confuses me more about Melanie and David.

MOO
I did not see that text either. but I recall MGibb's story about that nite. I agree with you. MGibb testimony and MGibb's LE interviews: yes, a difference....nightmare morphed into a vision. would have to revisit to see exactly what she said if she was definitive whether she called CD or texted him about the nightmare/vision or said 'she couldnt remember which she did'.....(her LE interviews were full of BS IMO)....she claimed she did the same with LV, called or text and then supposedly went to LV's bedroom door as well. no answer.

It is my belief DW and her story about a nightmare, now a vision was BS.... she had to assign a new description, 'vision' which would supposedly carry a sense of urgency because, IMO, grown adults needing comfort from other adults in the middle of the nite because of a bad dream sounded ridiculous. and, of course, there would be a phone record...she had to have a story ready why the text and/or calls were made to both LV and CD in the middle of the nite.

It has always been my opinion that they heard something significant that nite which prompted the texts and calls. once MGibb is contacted by LE because LV said she had JJ, (MGibb lies to LE originally,) she then decides to tell LE the truth and record a call with LV on her own. IMO, it is because of what they heard at 2am and decided to stay in their room. but here is my disconnect about the 'story': they were still up at 4:37am???? and no significant conversation occurred in the morning with LV other than where is JJ?

all BS. IMO.

I think David Warwick is similar to Alex in that he is not the brightest star and has always felt like he didn’t belong anywhere, lost in the world, a little hollow inside. Gibb seems to have abandoned her own family but I’m not sure David did the same; he apparently has a special needs son, and claims he tried to connect with JJ because of this. I can see where he would have preexisting beliefs or interests in prepping and “end times” predictions, which led him to Chad’s group. He has a fling with Gibb and they end up marrying, possibly with ulterior motives on Gibb’s part. He testified he didn't fully agree with everything Chad was saying. But he was glad to be included in a group.

Based on his testimony, as well as MG’s, I think that David and MG were meant to act as alibi witnesses for Chad and Lori while JJ was killed. There is simply no other reason why they chose to kill JJ that night. Think about it: MG and David were there for a podcast recording and slept over…why couldn’t they have waited for another 24 hours when they weren’t around? David and MG asked about JJ that next morning when he wasn’t present, and as previously stated David had his eyes on JJ (so to speak).

Let’s assume JJ was killed at the apartment, or the murder started there. Had David woken up from his weird premonition nightmare and walked in on the event, he would be officially complicit and could be scared into silence. Same with MG (who I don’t trust at all but I also believe she was on her way to becoming another victim at some point). But despite this dream they didn’t investigate too hard, so were able to provide an alibi that, to the best of their knowledge, Chad didn’t sleep over and Lori never left her room. They simply woke up to JJ being gone and supposedly with Alex.

MOO.

I did not see that text either. but I recall MGibb's story about that nite. I agree with you. MGibb testimony and MGibb's LE interviews: yes, a difference....nightmare morphed into a vision. would have to revisit to see exactly what she said if she was definitive whether she called CD or texted him about the nightmare/vision or said 'she couldnt remember which she did'.....(her LE interviews were full of BS IMO)....she claimed she did the same with LV, called or text and then supposedly went to LV's bedroom door as well. no answer.

It is my belief DW and her story about a nightmare, now a vision was BS.... she had to assign a new description, 'vision' which would supposedly carry a sense of urgency because, IMO, grown adults needing comfort from other adults in the middle of the nite because of a bad dream sounded ridiculous. and, of course, there would be a phone record...she had to have a story ready why the text and/or calls were made to both LV and CD in the middle of the nite.

It has always been my opinion that they heard something significant that nite which prompted the texts and calls. once MGibb is contacted by LE because LV said she had JJ, (MGibb lies to LE originally,) she then decides to tell LE the truth and record a call with LV on her own. IMO, it is because of what they heard at 2am and decided to stay in their room. but here is my disconnect about the 'story': they were still up at 4:37am???? and no significant conversation occurred in the morning with LV other than where is JJ?

all BS. IMO.
DW claimed that he had visions before, so it's not unusual for him to take a nightmare as a vision. Why 4am? Because the nightmare likely made him wake up. Coincidentally, Chad was also up at 4am that morning, texting Lori. If MG and DW were trying to hide something, they would not have used text when they could talk in person and they would have used burners. AFAIK, only Chad, Lori, Alex and MBP used them to hide their communication.

I think David Warwick is similar to Alex in that he is not the brightest star and has always felt like he didn’t belong anywhere, lost in the world, a little hollow inside. Gibb seems to have abandoned her own family but I’m not sure David did the same; he apparently has a special needs son, and claims he tried to connect with JJ because of this. I can see where he would have preexisting beliefs or interests in prepping and “end times” predictions, which led him to Chad’s group. He has a fling with Gibb and they end up marrying, possibly with ulterior motives on Gibb’s part. He testified he didn't fully agree with everything Chad was saying. But he was glad to be included in a group.

Based on his testimony, as well as MG’s, I think that David and MG were meant to act as alibi witnesses for Chad and Lori while JJ was killed. There is simply no other reason why they chose to kill JJ that night. Think about it: MG and David were there for a podcast recording and slept over…why couldn’t they have waited for another 24 hours when they weren’t around? David and MG asked about JJ that next morning when he wasn’t present, and as previously stated David had his eyes on JJ (so to speak).

Let’s assume JJ was killed at the apartment, or the murder started there. Had David woken up from his weird premonition nightmare and walked in on the event, he would be officially complicit and could be scared into silence. Same with MG (who I don’t trust at all but I also believe she was on her way to becoming another victim at some point). But despite this dream they didn’t investigate too hard, so were able to provide an alibi that, to the best of their knowledge, Chad didn’t sleep over and Lori never left her room. They simply woke up to JJ being gone and supposedly with Alex.

MOO.
DW was married before and has 7 children. I think he also runs his own business so he's nothing like Alex. We know that he is hard of hearing. I don't think he has cognitive issues, unless they are age-related. Lori and Alex had separate apartments. It's quite possible that JJ was taken to Alex's place and was murdered there in the middle of the night. DW and MG would not have witnessed that. Lori and Chad determined way ahead that their wedding should happen on a Tuesday. Perhaps they planned the murders in a similar way. Both children were buried on Mondays.

No No No...... it wasn't Julie Rowe he stole from....

Chad was the publisher for Suzanne Freeman, who worked with Chad when he was still back in Springfield, as a struggling publisher. Suzanne was the source of his new fiction about near death.

this interview that Nate had with Suzanne is really good...its part of the wayback!!! But it provides so many details that we should be remembering as we keep going forward.....

I really always thought this had something to do with the move to Rexburg....so he could fake his new books on his fake near death experiences....

Freeman was definitely a key source for Chad's own "based on maybe a true story that happened to someone else" NDE, but IIRC it was the success of Julie Rowe's book(s) that persuaded him that there was a potentially lucrative niche to exploit with his own carefully researched, lovingly crafted, brilliantly expressed masterwork.

Just as the Ur-texts by Jilly Cooper, Shirley Conran, Harold Robbins etc. were some of the shoulders he stood on as he composed the astonishingly moving (to nausea) meditations on love, eros, portals and loin-fire we find in the "James and Elena" (sic) novella.

IMO, MOO, IANANDEP, etc.

Good grief, huge eye roll to the back of my head. The predictions about the devastation of Salt Lake City, Wasatch Front, the giant "Wasatch Fault", earthquake have been terrifying the gullible believers for the last half century.

Yes, Salt Lake City has a Fault line, and earthquakes. Nothing more than small earthquakes have ever happened. I am so done with those gloom and doom predictions. And when a big one hits? It will happen, people will sweep up, and carry on. I don't believe SLC will be anarchy due to an earthquake, if and when it ever happens.

Agree absoluteIy -- and I mean, what would "anarchy" even look like in SLC or a staunchly Mormon centre like Rexburg? Unknotted ties? MLM warehouses grafitti'd?

The profoundest dangers in those end-of-times groups lay within, IMO.

Agree absoluteIy -- and I mean, what would "anarchy" even look like in SLC or a staunchly Mormon centre like Rexburg? Unknotted ties? MLM warehouses grafitti'd?

The profoundest dangers in those end-of-times groups lay within, IMO.
Anarchy for high control groups is always the individuals within them starting to think for themselves and question authority.

As we can see with this cult, some are out, some are still kinda buying in to the thinking if not everything, and some, like the Daybell children, are unquestionably still 100% in.

MOO

First I have heard of this too. I always suspected that DW's nightmare was somehow a foreboding of whatever happened to JJ that night, but this was eye opening. Kinda see why JP latched onto MG and DW as being involved...convenient, in any case.
yes, JP is trying to implicate MG and DW because they were the last people to see JJ alive.

IMO, MGibb and DW were not involved in his murder, but certainly were aware of something going on at 2am which kept them up until 4:30am. and despite what they "heard' that nite, (IMO) she chose to maintain her cult allegiance and initially lied to LE. her recorded call to LV (CD was on the call as well), indicated to me she didnt know what, if anything, happened to JJ and wanted to be assured he was ok, why she was asked to lie, and where he was. LV wouldnt tell her where he was.

it should be noted MGibb made several phone calls to LV on the drive home and was asked about the calls in her LE interview. she claims she doesnt remember talking with DW on the way home about that nite, and of course doesnt remember what she talked about with LV in the 3-4 phone calls with her on the way home. IMO, of course, it was all about that nite/early morning hours and MG chewed and swallowed.....until she was caught in the crossfires with LE.

around 1:29:59

So far it's just more testimony about Alex's cell phone data. However I think this stands out:
Blake asks if there was any indication Melanie Gibb or David Warwick were in Idaho on Sept. 8 or 9. Wright says not that he is aware of. Blake asks Wright’s belief on whether Tylee came back from West Yellowstone. Wright says Tylee likely returned to her residence. Tylee was living in apartment 175 with her mom.
On the stand is FBI Agent Rick Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member