TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directed verdict:

A directed verdict is only proper in situations where a reasonable jury could not find for the opposing party. The defendant can move for a directed verdict after the plaintiff rests her case. If the judge grants this motion, the case is over and the defendant wins.

So JP will motion for the judge to declare Chad not guilty? OK.

Directed verdict:

A directed verdict is only proper in situations where a reasonable jury could not find for the opposing party. The defendant can move for a directed verdict after the plaintiff rests her case. If the judge grants this motion, the case is over and the defendant wins.
Well, I don't see that happening.

Anyone know how long the defense expects to take with its witnesses? I am guessing a week? So maybe this time next week we could be on verdict watch?
It feels strange to be so close. I can only imagine what it's like for the families. All of them. (I don't have to agree with their stance to empathise with their circumstances.)

MOO

Directed verdict:

So JP will motion for the judge to declare Chad not guilty? OK.
The defense always does this when the prosecution rest. I have never once seen the motion succeeded. But that is expected. It is always raised because you waive the claim on appeal if you don’t make the motion.

Just wondering how Chad kept up with all these names and spirits and ratings. He must have had a spreadsheet or something on his computer. Think of all the time he could have put to actually making a living to support his family instead of all this make believe hogwash.
His way of making a living for his family was to murder his spouse and help his mistress murder hers and their children: a job with, as it turns out, a pretty crappy benefits package.

I wish I knew what their weird obsession with malachite was about. It came up again today in the text exchange about Alex being the weak link. I mean, I know malachite has supposed protective qualities according to those who believe in that stuff, but so does just about any other pretty rock you can shove in a tumbler and sell at a new age shop. Hematite is probably more common for the purpose, as is amethyst, and cheaper.

Not saying there's anything to it, or dissing those who believe there is something to it, I've just always liked rocks, and malachite, while pretty, is less common than some others out there for them to be so fixated on.

MOO

Just a few questions I have been wondering about...

When was Garth in the Daybell home on the night of Tammy's murder. It seems really gutsy to kill her when Garth was home. One escaped scream would be disastrous.

What was the deal with the testimony about the jail phone calls talking about plans and blueprints? I get that they need to prove planning to get a conspiracy conviction. But that phone call sounded more like a couple of delusional fanatics planning to build a site for the second coming. I don't think that phone call helped the prosecution at all.

All in all, I think the defense's strategy is appeal for ineffective counsel because Prior is doing a terrible job IMHO.

I am convinced that AC committed 4 murders. I am convinced Lori plotted with him. The only evidence of Chad knowing anything in advance is googling wind direction before Tylee's burial. I have a hard time reconciling that with my belief that Tylee's murder was unplanned. I think she said something on the Yosemite trip to become a threat.

This is very, very quiet. I assume the judge is reading something? I'd think the feed was frozen but people keep fidgeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173