TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
12:31 p.m. Boyce says there is a filed amended indictment that has the wrong dates for JJ Vallow’s death. He is giving the state two hours to prepare for argument. We will be back at 2:30 p.m.
So argue for what? Why the typo is OK or something?

Is that Lori's first lawyer you're talking about? He lost his law license? What youtuber was he following?
I'm not sure we're allowed to mention her name (it's not a real name anyway). A true crime youtuber with no legal background helped him with research and even with writing documents in exchange for the first scoop (without telling her audience). When their involvement was leaked, he was allegedly reported to the Idaho Bar and the youtuber involved quit the platform. Some of this information came from Lori Hellis and some from youtuber's associates.

Legally filed papers must be perfect. The State has had four years to get the dates typed right on those charges. All the while Prior was on his own.
The State screwed up. The judge wants to help but….
They have until 3:30 to get it right or not get it at all! You can’t get it done after the defense begins their case.
JJ didn’t die on the 8th. It will be a scramble to prepare their argument. There’s no way to
it typed, filed and given to the judge today.
Hope their argument is a good one!

The State will or will not have the option to refile if the charges are (probably) dropped?

Didn’t the same issue arise at Lori’s trial? Why didn’t they amend chads at the same time?
I don’t remember Lori’s trial. It sort of pales in comparison to this. And it wasn’t just JJ. There were other typos. JJ’s was the most egregious. No reason for four attorneys to screw up so badly.
Not only that,,,,they are making Prior look good.
I’m glad you are here Nikynoo.

Court TV needs to call a local attorney in Idaho and find out what if anything can be done.

OMG, cannot even imagine how Kay and Larry Woodcock feel right now. FURIOUS I am guessing.
I am devastated for them. Partner just sat through a twenty minute rant from me about the situation, with a big focus on the injustice to Larry and Kay. I just hope their health is strong enough to weather this.

The State will or will not have the option to refile if the charges are (probably) dropped?
That’s what I was thinking. Can they drop the charges re JJ that are not correct and present a new, correct indictment? Of course I guess that would require anther trial. They seem to have more incriminating evidence re Tylee with the tools found in the garage so that should still get a guilty verdict. Poor little JJ. If there is a new indictment they will have that as backup if this jury finds Not Guilty. This should have never happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173